Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Deaunte Mason commits to the CATS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This makes the third guy since Saturday!

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f...88&style=2
Another athletic player. But the question is will Mason be a QB or play another position?
100% a QB. That was one of the main reasons he picked the Cats. In some of his videos, he looks kind of like Donovan Mcnabb or Daunte Culpepper. Real interesting prospect.
Anybody got a link to any video footage of this kid.
Kentucky's Commitment list (SO FAR) for '08.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/commitlist.asp
Watched the videos of this kid and he looks like a good land for Brooks and the Cats.
-STATS- Wrote:Watched the videos of this kid and he looks like a good land for Brooks and the Cats.
He looks good on his highlight videos.
I know most of the recruits are 2-stars, and a 3-star or two, but these kids don't look to be bad signs. They are recruits who play positions that need to be filled, and looking at some videos, they are very talented.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I know most of the recruits are 2-stars, and a 3-star or two, but these kids don't look to be bad signs. They are recruits who play positions that need to be filled, and looking at some videos, they are very talented.

IMO, one thing that effects these players star status is the level of competition they play, and if they've attended D-1 Camps.
Looks like some pretty decent add-ons for the cats. Dave Ulinski a OL from Louisville, Kentucky should be a nice fit into the program, aslo E.J. Fields from Frankfort should fit nice in there as a ATH position, glad to see they decided to stay in state always good.
Does anyone know about Cole kid from Somerset? I know he was getting looks from UK, among other schools.
Cole committed to Vandy if I remember correctly.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Cole committed to Vandy if I remember correctly.

yulp that would be correct TC
Spartan4Life Wrote:Looks like some pretty decent add-ons for the cats. Dave Ulinski a OL from Louisville, Kentucky should be a nice fit into the program, also E.J. Fields from Frankfort should fit nice in there as a ATH position, glad to see they decided to stay in state always good.

I think E.J. Fields is the best commitment so far. He is coming in and wants to be just like Keenan Burton, and wants to learn from him. Plus Fields and Burton are very smilier. They're both 6"3 and 185lbs, and both ran a 4.5 forty coming into UK.
blackcat_student Wrote:I think E.J. Fields is the best commitment so far. He is coming in and wants to be just like Keenan Burton, and wants to learn from him. Plus Fields and Burton are very smilier. They're both 6"3 and 185lbs, and both ran a 4.5 forty coming into UK.

Fields and Winston Guy are probably the two most athletic guys in the state. Fields commitment was HUGE IMHO for this recruiting class. If we could haul in Boyd, Buy, and a big time d-lineman then we will have another VERY solid recruiting effort for this coaching staff.

BTW, I really think Mason will be the starter when Pulley graduates in 2 years.
blackcat_student Wrote:I think E.J. Fields is the best commitment so far. He is coming in and wants to be just like Keenan Burton, and wants to learn from him. Plus Fields and Burton are very smilier. They're both 6"3 and 185lbs, and both ran a 4.5 forty coming into UK.

I agree, I was very happy that we landed Fields, and that the staff sees him as a receiver in the mold of Keenan Burton. It's always good to land a burner at that position, you can always teach him how to catch the ball later.

Side note, this got me thinking about a guy that was a big recruiting victory for the Cats a few years ago, that just never worked out. Whatever happened to John Logan?