Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SEC fines Kentucky $50,000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all knew that this was coming.

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- The Southeastern Conference fined Kentucky $50,000 Monday for failing to prevent fans from rushing the field after the Wildcats' triple-overtime victory over top-ranked LSU.
It was the third violation dating back to last year for Kentucky, which was fined $5,000 for the celebration after a win last year against Georgia and $25,000 earlier this year after a victory over Louisville.
Under the SEC policy, "access to competition areas shall be limited to participating student-athletes, coaches, officials, support personnel and properly-credentialed individuals at all times." Universities are held responsible if spectators rush into the competition area.
Kentucky defeated LSU 43-37 Saturday -- its first victory over a top-ranked team since 1964.
500 k well spent!!
I'm sure they wrote the check with a HUGE smile on their faces too. And I'm sure they will gladly do it again if they beat the Gators this week.
I think it's cool that everyone is that excited about the win, and I admit I would've been on the field myself if I had been at the game.

But I have to wonder, at what point do we stop rushing the field after big wins? Will the Commonwealth turf get the same treatment if we knock off the Gators (I assume so). What about if we knock off Tennessee later this year, in a game we may be favored to win?

At some point, it's kinda nice when you don't rush the field after big wins anymore. It shows that you came to the game expecting to win. Like, could you imagine if the students rushed the court after a UK basketball victory? That would be very disappointing in my opinion.
More Cowbell Wrote:I think it's cool that everyone is that excited about the win, and I admit I would've been on the field myself if I had been at the game.

But I have to wonder, at what point do we stop rushing the field after big wins? Will the Commonwealth turf get the same treatment if we knock off the Gators (I assume so). What about if we knock off Tennessee later this year, in a game we may be favored to win?

At some point, it's kinda nice when you don't rush the field after big wins anymore. It shows that you came to the game expecting to win. Like, could you imagine if the students rushed the court after a UK basketball victory? That would be very disappointing in my opinion.

If we win this week I'd rather not see anybody rush the field when we're ranked ahead of Florida. That would be bordering on embarrassment in a way, but then again we never beat Florida so it's a tricky situation. I expect police to step it up even more this weekend in Lexington and make many more arrests especially if we win.
alfus21 Wrote:If we win this week I'd rather not see anybody rush the field when we're ranked ahead of Florida. That would be bordering on embarrassment in a way, but then again we never beat Florida so it's a tricky situation. I expect police to step it up even more this weekend in Lexington and make many more arrests especially if we win.

That's exactly why I think the field may get rushed if we beat Tennessee, simply because it's been so long since we have beaten them. It will seem very weird if we are still ranked in the top 10 by then, and rush the field for beating a team ranked much lower than us in a game we will likely be favored to win.

However, even though we are ranked higher in the polls, I wouldn't be embarassed if it happens this weekend against Florida. After all, they are the defending national champions, and the Gators are favored to win by a TD. So you could justify rushing the field in this case. What does make it start to get ridiculous is that we've already rushed the field twice this year, and this would make #3.

BTW, kinda looks silly rushing the field for beating Louisville now, doesn't it? Smile
I'd say the boosters had the check wrote as soon as the game was over...lol
Well, I am glad that we are even having this conversation about rushing the field. I think now that we have the remaining teams to play ranked below us or not ranked it all, its time to end it. But, you know that once the students start it, everyone keeps pouring onto the field.

It'll probably happen twice more if we beat Florida and Tennessee...there's just no way to stop 2000-3000 people running out onto the field.
hell, Im an Alabama diehard fan, but if Im in Lexington and UK beats Tennessee, Im rushing the field, lol..I wont even have to be at the game. I could be anywhere within 10 miles, but if UK wins, I'll break through the gates, hurdle over the seats, and leap on the field, travelling at warp speed being chased by the police, and yelling "you are Hells disgrace fatboy! And guess what??.. you just got your fatass handed to you!" at Phil Fulmer...before getting tackled, beaten without mercy and rushed to jail, lol...
and I'll rip up the restraining order he has on me and throw it on him, lol..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:hell, Im an Alabama diehard fan, but if Im in Lexington and UK beats Tennessee, Im rushing the field, lol..I wont even have to be at the game. I could be anywhere within 10 miles, but if UK wins, I'll break through the gates, hurdle over the seats, and leap on the field, travelling at warp speed being chased by the police, and yelling "you are Hells disgrace fatboy! And guess what??.. you just got your fatass handed to you!" at Phil Fulmer...before getting tackled, beaten without mercy and rushed to jail, lol...

Now that is funny....Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:hell, Im an Alabama diehard fan, but if Im in Lexington and UK beats Tennessee, Im rushing the field, lol..I wont even have to be at the game. I could be anywhere within 10 miles, but if UK wins, I'll break through the gates, hurdle over the seats, and leap on the field, travelling at warp speed being chased by the police, and yelling "you are Hells disgrace fatboy! And guess what??.. you just got your fatass handed to you!" at Phil Fulmer...before getting tackled, beaten without mercy and rushed to jail, lol...

Smile Smile Smile

Hoss, I would pay money to see that!
Money well spent.

GO CATS!
Same here my friend same here, I will be at that game ready to cheer and say some choice words toward Fatboy Fulmer! I am on the same level as hating Tennessee as you are TH!

Well spent 50,000 bucks, can't wait to see what we are fined next Saturday after we beat Florida and rush the field for the 3rd time this season.
pocket change for UK! Well spent $50,000....GO CATS!
Tom Leach said it best on the radio after the game thats the best $50,000 the athletic department will ever spend.
Pocket Change for the University.
500k was well worth it