Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's Going To College Gameday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ESPN's College Gameday will be in front of W.T. Young library on Saturday from 10-noon.

They will be on the side facing Rose Street. This is the side with the big lawn that dips into a bowl. Should be plenty of room to pack people in.

I hope I can get up early enough to make the trip.
That seems like an odd place to have it so far from the stadium. I'll probably walk over that way Saturday morning to see what's going on.
if we leave early enough ill be there
Cards09 Wrote:if we leave early enough ill be there

Same here gotta get the g/f out of bed haha
I'll be there bright and early.
I wanted to go, but I've had tickets to the Dirt Track World Championship for a long time now. I have faith UK will pull it out. Maybe UT and UK will win out til they play eachother and gameday will make another trip to Lex Vegas.
alfus21 Wrote:That seems like an odd place to have it so far from the stadium. I'll probably walk over that way Saturday morning to see what's going on.

I agree, seems like an odd place to set up shop. You would think they would get the stadium into the picture like they usually do.

Oh well. Hopefully we will pack that lawn area with so many crazy people that everyone across the country will think the whole town's gone nuts!
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, seems like an odd place to set up shop. You would think they would get the stadium into the picture like they usually do.

Oh well. Hopefully we will pack that lawn area with so many crazy people that everyone across the country will think the whole town's gone nuts!

Yeah it will be packed. I really expected them to set up in the parking lot with the huge "believe" picture in the background on Commonwealth. The area near the library will be trashed pretty bad, but the library is one of the nicest buildings I've ever seen so it will look good for the University on TV.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah it will be packed. I really expected them to set up in the parking lot with the huge "believe" picture in the background on Commonwealth. The area near the library will be trashed pretty bad, but the library is one of the nicest buildings I've ever seen so it will look good for the University on TV.

Maybe they'll actually get a shot of some people going into the library to study! Smile
More Cowbell Wrote:Maybe they'll actually get a shot of some people going into the library to study! Smile

Smile Yeah I bet.

It wouldn't surprise me though. Some students here from out the country probably won't even realize what is going on.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Yeah I bet.

It wouldn't surprise me though. Some students here from out the country probably won't even realize what is going on.

That's true. I bet they will be heading into the library to study, and wonder what in the world is going on over across the way.
Considering they do live shots from the set on Friday, I would guess they'll have to start setting up on Thursday, and will have everything ready by Friday Morning....

My prediction: Class Attendence on Friday will be rather low.... Smile
I figured they would have it somewhere nutter field house, around the practice field somewhere...
i thought beside Nutter field house on the grassy spot on the side of Richmond Road would have been a good spot for them to set up even though ppl tailgate there now. But the library is a pretty spot kinda funny because all of the frats houses are right there if im not mistaking.
I'm gonna try my best to be there during gameday. But if we stay the night I'll try to be there for the midnight edition of Saturday.
I will be there FOR SURE! CANNOT WAIT!!!
Before the game there handing out white towels having a sponsor and a GameDay logo on them.

Everytime Florida's offense is on the field we need to make as much noise as possible, and spin the hell out of those towels. GO CATS!
I'll be there at about 6am with my friends, a big "go big blue" flag, and some offensive signs. too bad its such a long walk from the stadium.
EASports12 Wrote:I'll be there at about 6am with my friends, a big "go big blue" flag, and some offensive signs. too bad its such a long walk from the stadium.

Hope the signs aren't too offensive such that they give the University and all fans a bad name. And it's not that long, maybe 10 minutes.
From what I've heard Gameday will be set up inside the grass bowl with the the hill and library in the backdrop so the fans can stand on the hill. If anybody is familiar with it, you know that should look pretty good.
alfus21 Wrote:Hope the signs aren't too offensive such that they give the University and all fans a bad name. And it's not that long, maybe 10 minutes.
I was thinkin about an "F UF" sign or somethin like that.
EASports12 Wrote:I was thinkin about an "F UF" sign or somethin like that.

You can do better than that, and more original.
:wenumber1 Wish we could make it, but we can't.So for all of you going be "Loud and Proud" and represent those of us who wish we were there.
This should progress the sinking of the library into the actual sinkhole by another couple of decades....

I'm not going because of the expansive crowd, it'll be NUTS...

I went to the basekball gameday a couple years ago (Missisippi State game) because me and a friend landed tickets, actually got pretty close but had to get there a couple hours before the evening gameday started... unless you may a sign or get close, it's probably not worth just sitting there.... but it's cool as heck that they are coming to Lexington...
Yea i'll be there, just bought 450 dollar tickets on ebay, right behind the field goal post!!
EASports12 Wrote:I was thinkin about an "F UF" sign or somethin like that.
I'm always a fan of switching the first two letters in the school name and a choice word. For example being an FSU fan you would have: Muck Fiami, unfortunately that wont work with florida
Here's a picture of what it looked like this evening over at the Library. Looks like it will be a nice set up.
^^^Nice pic, it would be nice to see:
During
and After
If you can
Advance Eagles Wrote:^^^Nice pic, it would be nice to see:
During
and After
If you can

Will do. Big Grin
Yes, I can't not go sucks.
Pages: 1 2