Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Potential Black UK uniforms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it looks nice.
Yeah if black was one of the two primary colors it would be nice. UK is blue and white, not black and blue.
Ah, I really don't care too much for the black look. Florida and Duke have them. Billy G does wear quite a bit of black so it could be a possiblity. I really liked the Silver uni's they wore several years ago at home against Michigan State.
looks like a duke copied uniform...
Dude thats badd!
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah if black was one of the two primary colors it would be nice. UK is blue and white, not black and blue.

thats funny you say that.. lol look at the uniform of the UK baseball players on ur sig..Smile
only difference i see in these uniforms is they don't say Duke on them
mrfootball03 Wrote:thats funny you say that.. lol look at the uniform of the UK baseball players on ur sig..Smile

lol, i'm glad you caught that, i sure hadn't
I like them...
mrfootball03 Wrote:thats funny you say that.. lol look at the uniform of the UK baseball players on ur sig..Smile

I know, those are their Sunday uniforms which are easily my least favorite they wear. I don't have the sig. for the enjoyment of the uniforms but the team.

But yeah that was ironic in a way I guess.
I agree it reminds me of Duke to much even thought they are nice uniforms, just not for Kentucky in my opinion.
I don't really care about uni's too much. Doesn't matter whether they're blue, white, black, whatever.

I wouldn't mind if they wore pink as long as they win every game! Smile
Should just write duke on those uniforms. remember Duke is just one letter away from Puke.
I agree that it looks too much like Duke's jerseys.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah if black was one of the two primary colors it would be nice. UK is blue and white, not black and blue.

What he said.
:ban: YUCK!!!I hate it,
I like them guys. Nearly everyone wheres the nike unis and the last time I looked Duke didn't invent black so anybody can wear it. Though regardless we need a alternate uniform.
yeah I can hear Billy Packer now..."LOOK AT THOSE KENTUCKY WILDCATS! ARE THEY WEARING DUKE UNIFORMS?!??!?!?!"..just like he said in '96 when the Cats came out in the denims "that color kind of looks Carolina blue"...please...shelve the black uniforms. If you want to do something cool, bring out the traditional old school circa '83-'84 uni's they wore for so long before '93...now THAT would be awesome..but yeah, get rid of the black ones..
I'm usually not a traditionalist about this sort of thing (I really wanted to see Pikeville in their black jerseys but they weren't allowed becasue of a technicality), but this is Kentucky Basketball. Blue and white period.
Oh yeah - remeber the last time we tried to do an alternate color with those silver throwback jerseys a few years ago? Michigan State dominated us.
Black and blue football uniforms would be sweet.
its not that they invented them.. just that they look exactly the same with kentucky written in the place of duke.. its the black & blue.. plenty people have black uniforms, but have different colors accenting them.. florida has black ones, but outlined with blue & orange

BlackcatFootball Wrote:I like them guys. Nearly everyone wheres the nike unis and the last time I looked Duke didn't invent black so anybody can wear it. Though regardless we need a alternate uniform.
Hate It! Do Not Go To Black!!!!!!!! One Word...tradition!!!
We Aren't Duke For Crying Out Loud!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah I can hear Billy Packer now..."LOOK AT THOSE KENTUCKY WILDCATS! ARE THEY WEARING DUKE UNIFORMS?!??!?!?!"..just like he said in '96 when the Cats came out in the denims "that color kind of looks Carolina blue"...please...shelve the black uniforms. If you want to do something cool, bring out the traditional old school circa '83-'84 uni's they wore for so long before '93...now THAT would be awesome..but yeah, get rid of the black ones..

Well as we all know, We won the championship that year! Wink All the unis that year had denim blue in them. If I'm not mistaken that was the first time that the colors had ever been changed on a UK uni. Got the Maker's Mark bottle from that year! lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Well as we all know, We won the championship that year! Wink All the unis that year had denim blue in them. If I'm not mistaken that was the first time that the colors had ever been changed on a UK uni. Got the Maker's Mark bottle from that year! lol

I'm guessing it's empty......Smile
lol, I'd lay a fair wager on that one tooSmile
Midee1 Wrote:I'm guessing it's empty......Smile
mrfootball03 Wrote:looks like a duke copied uniform...
Yes it does! I hate it!!!!:boosign:
mrfootball03 Wrote:looks like a duke copied uniform...
i agree don't like them lets stay where were at.
i did not like the denim uniforms when they had them either.
Pages: 1 2