Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Roadblocks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who does everyone think is the biggest roadblock in UK's VERY POSSIBLE run at 11-1?
Next week vs. Florida
Then, @ Georgia
Then, Tennessee
This Saturday's game. If we can win that one, then after homecoming the next week against Mississippi State we will have an off week. During that time our guys can relax a little bit and get healthy before going on the road back to back weeks against Vandy and Georgia before coming home for Tennessee.
no doubt Florida..

Its going to be hard to pull off two huge wins like that in a row..
Plus, UF likes to plow with Tebow, and that scares me with out not so great run defense..

I think the rest of the schedule is beatible.. Of course you never know in the SEC... Vandy, Tennessee, & Georgia isn't just going to fall over..
I was thinking Florida also. I really think tho, that the way the guys up front have been playing, that Tebow will have to work some to the outside. they have been playing pretty tuff, not jus getting alot of support from the backers. but, look at what he did to those monsters that LSU has up front.
The only thing that worries me about Georgia is the fact of where its at, but i dont believe that is a big enuff factor to shut down the Cat offense.
And really dont see enuff points in Vandy or the Vols to worry a whole lot either.
Ranking UK's remaining 5 opponents in terms of difficulty:

1) Florida
2) Georgia (away)
3) Tennessee
4) Vanderbilt (away)
5) Mississippi St.

None of those games will be easy, as even Miss. St. and Vandy have looked good this year and could give the Cats a scare. It is conceivable UK could lose all five games (VERY unlikely) or win all five (not very likely, but doable).

I would be pleased if UK went 3-2 in these games, but I know they could definitely go 4-1 or even 5-0! It's just crazy how tough the SEC is these days, there are NO cupcake games.
Kentucky cannot afford to overlook teams like Vanderbilt and Mississippi State cause they are solid this year. IMO, UK can lose each of there remaining game but I think they will finishing the regular season 11-1, and goto the SEC Championship and play LSU or Auburn.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
yeah, Vandy is no pushover, and Miss. State beat Auburn ON THE ROAD..all of the remaining conference games are winnable, but if they dont bring their A-game to every one of them, they are also very beatable..but IMO, the toughest roadblock is this next game...
Florida
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, Vandy is no pushover, and Miss. State beat Auburn ON THE ROAD..all of the remaining conference games are winnable, but if they dont bring their A-game to every one of them, they are also very beatable..but IMO, the toughest roadblock is this next game...

TH, I was just saying the same thing earlier! There are NO pushovers in the SEC this year. The worst team is probably Ole Miss, and even they gave Florida a scare a couple weeks ago.

Can you ever remember the SEC (or any conference, for that matter) being this strong from top to bottom?
I still want to take the "one game at a time" approach. Florida is the biggest stumbling block ahead, with the added hype of ESPN coming to town, Heisman pressure back on Woodson, the Urban Meyer effect, nationally telecast game with folks (pollsters) seriously giving UK a hard look as oppose to the South Carolina game, where most picked UK as the biggest upset of the week and lived to be proven right.

Hopefully the boys in blue will do better this time around with the added pressure to "win". There was pressure to beat Louisville, but they hadn't beaten a top 10 team at the time. Pressure to beat South Carolina - blew it. NO pressure against LSU, the heat was on the Tigers no doubt, Kentucky played loose and poised throughout the game.

I will add this though to contradict myself: @ Georgia could be tougher than it appears.
alfus21 Wrote:Next week vs. Florida
Then, @ Georgia
Then, Tennessee

Have to agree. Florida has Tebo and all year we've struggled with a quarterback that can scramble, even Kent St. Then at Georgia it'll be loud and when Woodson can't read the defence and change the play as easy with the noise and all it could become a factor, and Tennessee and Kentucky is always a tough game because of the rivalry!
I agree, all of these games aren't guaranteed wins for UK, they have to go out there and prove that they are the real deal and deserve to be in the top 10 and the BCS hunt. I have said it before and I'll say it again, One Game At A Time!

More Cowbell Wrote:Ranking UK's remaining 5 opponents in terms of difficulty:

1) Florida
2) Georgia (away)
3) Tennessee
4) Vanderbilt (away)
5) Mississippi St.

None of those games will be easy, as even Miss. St. and Vandy have looked good this year and could give the Cats a scare. It is conceivable UK could lose all five games (VERY unlikely) or win all five (not very likely, but doable).

I would be pleased if UK went 3-2 in these games, but I know they could definitely go 4-1 or even 5-0! It's just crazy how tough the SEC is these days, there are NO cupcake games.
Whoever Ky plays next is the roadblock.To think otherwise is pure stupidity.KY could win all their remaining games and could lose them as well.Only time will tell.Im mighty proud of them.Their offensive line is what I am the most proud of.
I would say def. Flordia and Georgia
Can't overlook Vandy though.
mrfootball03 Wrote:no doubt Florida..

Its going to be hard to pull off two huge wins like that in a row..
Plus, UF likes to plow with Tebow, and that scares me with out not so great run defense..

I think the rest of the schedule is beatible.. Of course you never know in the SEC... Vandy, Tennessee, & Georgia isn't just going to fall over..

You are right about UK's rush defense, but Tebow usually beings the ball up the middle, an UK does a pretty good job of stopping the middle rush, it's the outside that kills us...
The games that may give them the most trouble are the ones that are hard to get up for. Every team can rise to the occasion against an LSU, Florida, or Tennesee but the great ones take care of business when they are supposed to against a Vandy or a Mississippi State.