Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville at Corbin 8/19/22 in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Nice!

I’ll be there Jet but I ain’t bringing you any money lol!
^^^Haha Bull that game will be for entertainment purposes only!
It will be a classic!
(01-06-2022, 01:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]It will be a classic!
Absolutely!
Since Pikeville is playing in Corbins pig skin classic I'd like to see Corbin get in the PCB and come to Pikeville and Belfry.
Be a heck of a game to watch.
Pikeville playing Corbin, Cov Cath, Belfry and I assume LCA? That’s an absolute gauntlet to start the season, plus add an always tough Hazard team and will Paintsville still be on the schedule? Definitely gonna have a new qb ready by November with those early season tests.
Damn. Pikeville ain’t foolin’ around. But there’s a reason they are where they’re at now. Props to Coach Mac and his staff.
(01-06-2022, 02:07 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville playing Corbin, Cov Cath, Belfry and I assume LCA? That’s an absolute gauntlet to start the season, plus add an always tough Hazard team and will Paintsville still be on the schedule? Definitely gonna have a new qb ready by November with those early season tests.
@ Corbin (CFPC)
vs Covington Catholic (PCB)
@ Paintsville
OPEN
vs Belfry
vs LCA
vs Madison Central
@ Sayre
OPEN
vs Hazard
OPEN

Panthers still looking to fill a couple slots.
Holy Rusted Metal Batman….Madison Central as well. Can’t say Pikeville is yellow. So an obvious omission, is Phelps program folding or dropping out of district or just not scheduled yet?
(01-06-2022, 03:43 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Holy Rusted Metal Batman….Madison Central as well. Can’t say Pikeville is yellow. So an obvious omission, is Phelps program folding or dropping out of district or just not scheduled yet?

Looks like they will be dropping out of district play.
This would be a good schedule for a top 3 3A program, much less a 1A program. Tip of the cap to the Panthers.
Pikeville probably has a few recruits coming in as usual.
Think the bozos on the sidelines for Corbin can come up with a competent game strategy for the Panthers in the eight months they have to prepare? Doubtful. After what I saw in the JC game, I'm saying we see much of the same from the Corbin "brain"trusts. Hell, the coaches will be fighting among themselves before practice begins.
(01-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville probably has a few recruits coming in as usual.
Dumba$$$
(01-06-2022, 03:05 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2022, 02:07 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville playing Corbin, Cov Cath, Belfry and I assume LCA? That’s an absolute gauntlet to start the season, plus add an always tough Hazard team and will Paintsville still be on the schedule? Definitely gonna have a new qb ready by November with those early season tests.
@ Corbin (CFPC)
@ Paintsville
OPEN
vs Belfry
vs LCA
vs Madison Central
@ Sayre
OPEN
vs Hazard
OPEN

Best Class A schedule ever with 2 spots to fill.
We are blessed to witness the second golden age of PHS football.
It is epic and the Panthers are approaching legendary status statewide.
(01-06-2022, 07:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Think the bozos  on the sidelines for Corbin can come up with a competent game strategy for the Panthers in the eight months they have to prepare?  Doubtful. After what I saw in the JC game, I'm saying we see much of the same from the Corbin "brain"trusts. Hell, the coaches will be fighting among themselves before practice begins.
Beer is on me OSH.
Go ahead and throw Johnson Central on there too. Alot of people would like to see that game played.
(01-07-2022, 01:04 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Best Class A schedule ever with 2 spots to fill.

Pikeville has a great program no doubt but “epic” and “legendary status” statewide is getting very carried away for a program that has won 3 state championships since 1990. They still have a decade worth of championships to win to even get close to “legendary” status statewide.

To compare, unless I miscounted, Trinity has 16 titles, Beechwood has 15, Boyle has 9 and Belfry has 8 in that same time period since 1990.
(01-07-2022, 10:25 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2022, 01:04 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Best Class A schedule ever with 2 spots to fill.

Pikeville has a great program no doubt but “epic” and “legendary status” statewide is getting very carried away for a program that has won 3 state championships since 1990. They still have a decade worth of championships to win to even get close to “legendary” status statewide.

To compare, unless I miscounted, Trinity has 16 titles, Beechwood has 15, Boyle has 9 and Belfry has 8 in that same time period since 1990.
"since" lol. They all count, sorry.
Pikeville, Belfry and Johnson Central play these types of games to prepare for post season RPI not in consideration. If anyone wonders why they are usually playing on and after Thanksgiving this is why. Pikeville has proven they will not back down from anyone and it shows with Championships
(01-07-2022, 11:38 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure what is funny about “since” but since 1959 Trinity had 11 titles and Pikeville had 3 so I still fail to see your point, 27 titles for them, 6 total in program history does not even approach “legendary” status.
(01-07-2022, 12:31 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure what is funny about “since” but since 1959 Trinity had 11 titles and Pikeville had 3 so I still fail to see your point, 27 titles for them, 6 total in program history does not even approach “legendary” status.
If you are comparing someone to Trinity to make a point you have no point. I think you are about to cry a river so I will avoid responding to your fake analysis going forward. Have a good cry and a nice day. lol
(01-07-2022, 12:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

If you are comparing someone to Trinity to make a point you have no point. I think you are about to cry a river so I will avoid responding to your fake analysis going forward. Have a good cry and a nice day. lol

How is it a fake analysis, every school I listed has more state championships in the last 30yr than Pikeville does in school history. All I said was that 6 titles in school history and 3 in the last 30yr does not equal legendary status. Trinity is the legendary program to compare against, Beechwood following behind them. There are probably 10+ programs in the state with more titles than pikeville. I’m definitely not going to cry about, seems like you are butthurt about it though. At least you can carry on being legends in your own mind I guess

Boyle has 10. Not really relevant to the discussion but just fyi.
(01-07-2022, 01:17 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2022, 10:25 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville has a great program no doubt but “epic” and “legendary status” statewide is getting very carried away for a program that has won 3 state championships since 1990. They still have a decade worth of championships to win to even get close to “legendary” status statewide.

How is it a fake analysis, every school I listed has more state championships in the last 30yr than Pikeville does in school history. All I said was that 6 titles in school history and 3 in the last 30yr does not equal legendary status. Trinity is the legendary program to compare against, Beechwood following behind them. There are probably 10+ programs in the state with more titles than pikeville. I’m definitely not going to cry about, seems like you are butthurt about it though. At least you can carry on being legends in your own mind I guess

Honestly what does how many championships Pikeville has have to do with this game?  You had a narrative or agenda your trying to push or you wouldn’t have brought it up…. Imo Championships are not comparable since Kentucky went to 6 classes compared to the 4 class system anyway as very few of the 5A schools would’ve ever competed with Trinity and so and so forth.  I’m happy to see Pikeville coming to Corbin for the Pigskin hopefully it’ll help each program begin to navigate a new season and we’ll try our best to make all the Pikeville faithful feel welcome in the Corbin community for a great night of football.
(01-07-2022, 01:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2022, 11:38 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]"since" lol. They all count, sorry.

Honestly what does how many championships Pikeville has have to do with this game?  You had a narrative or agenda your trying to push or you wouldn’t have brought it up…. Imo Championships are not comparable since Kentucky went to 6 classes compared to the 4 class system anyway as very few of the 5A schools would’ve ever competed with Trinity and so and so forth.  I’m happy to see Pikeville coming to Corbin for the Pigskin hopefully it’ll help each program begin to navigate a new season and we’ll try our best to make all the Pikeville faithful feel welcome in the Corbin community for a great night of football.
I don’t have any agenda, I don’t even care about Pikeville one way or the other. Jet pilot said Pikeville was approaching epic and legendary program status, I just pointed out exactly why that isn’t true.

They do have a great program though and to get back on topic, they will likely smack Corbin in the mouth just like JC did. Pikeville wins 34-20 is my way too early score prediction.
(01-07-2022, 01:55 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2022, 01:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2022, 12:31 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ] Not sure what is funny about “since” but since 1959 Trinity had 11 titles and Pikeville had 3 so I still fail to see your point, 27 titles for them, 6 total in program history does not even approach “legendary” status.

I don’t have any agenda, I don’t even care about Pikeville one way or the other. Jet pilot said Pikeville was approaching epic and legendary program status, I just pointed out exactly why that isn’t true.

They do have a great program though and to get back on topic, they will likely smack Corbin in the mouth just like JC did. Pikeville wins 34-20 is my way too early score prediction.
I can see where Jet might have been going with that statement. This group of young men will most likely repeat next season. If they go undefeated, with that schedule, they will more than likely be ranked very high overall in the state, possibly Top 5 all classes. For a Class A team, that would make them somewhat legendary IMO.
(01-06-2022, 03:05 PM)I Panther Thunder Wrote: [ -> ]
@ Corbin (CFPC)
@ Paintsville
OPEN
vs Belfry
vs LCA
vs Madison Central
@ Sayre
OPEN
vs Hazard
OPEN

Were Phelps at the schedule
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6