Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason 14th Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would you rank the top 10?
1. Estill - they return everyone and have a solid middle school group coming up plus loaded schedule.

2. Perry County Central - Hughes will be huge for PCC this season.

3. Wolfe County - Gonna have to replace Creech at pitcher unless she decided to return for another year. Not sure haven't heard anything about that.

Don't think it matters for the rest.
What about Knott And Letcher?
Probably

1. Estill
2. Perry
3. Wolfe
4. Knott
5. Letcher

Region Hosts: Leslie County

District Hosts:

53rd: Knott
54th: Perry
55th: Jackson City
56th: Estill
Heard Letcher and Knott were down...but can’t truly say.
Bobby Ratliff is loaded for bear from what I’ve been hearing. Got the girls pumping iron and practicing year round. Hardest working coach in the state.
(01-07-2022, 05:29 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: [ -> ]Bobby Ratliff is loaded for bear from what I’ve been hearing.  Got the girls pumping iron and practicing year round.  Hardest working coach in the state.

He usually does have a solid schedule/team year in and year out. Can't wait to see them against Estill and Bourbon early April.
1. Estill- will have all the pressure on them as most of them are Sr’s and haven’t won a region yet.
2A. Wolfe- Has to replace some key players but has a strong core group coming back that have been apart of a lot of wins.
2B. Perry- Like Estill have to prove they can get over the hump, getting Dixon back will help a lot. Hughes has to prove she can win the big game.

Knott, Letcher, Breathitt(with Tincher), and Jackson are good enough to beat anyone on a given day.
Jackson lost a lot when Tincher went to BC. Still have a solid pitcher in Smith and a couple other good players.
Knott has to do something this year if their going to do it.
Letcher will need some of their younger players to step up to compete.
Breathitt has to find some pitching and defense to compete with the top teams in the region.
(01-09-2022, 11:11 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]1. Estill- will have all the pressure on them as most of them are Sr’s and haven’t won a region yet.
2A. Wolfe- Has to replace some key players but has a strong core group coming back that have been apart of a lot of wins.
2B. Perry- Like Estill have to prove they can get over the hump, getting Dixon back will help a lot. Hughes has to prove she can win the big game.

Knott, Letcher, Breathitt(with Tincher), and Jackson are good enough to beat anyone on a given day.
Jackson lost a lot when Tincher went to BC. Still have a solid pitcher in Smith and a couple other good players.
Knott has to do something this year if their going to do it.
Letcher will need some of their younger players to step up to compete.
Breathitt has to find some pitching and defense to compete with the top teams in the region.
This is a very great breakdown!! Well said.
Very well said. Great breakdown. Estill definitely is chomping at the bit never winning a region under Coach West with mostly seniors. They should be out for blood as they always are, but heavily winning in the regular season hasn’t transferred over to post season play in the last couple years. Anxious to see how Wolfe continues their success under a new but very established coach. Those girls in Campton are always ready to put you to the test. Perry is always right in the mix of things. Could easily win a region if things fall their way. Bobby is not ok with not winning a region. I’d say the next team in line would be Breathitt, but gotta have a lot of thing go right to win.
If Dixon stays healthy this year I think Bobby gets a region title. She plays last year, he’d had him one.
Dixon is a heck of a player! We shall see what kind of year and post season she has. Hopefully her arm is much better and doesn’t give her issues.
I heard LCC lost a few players to Jenkins and their née coach. Does anyone know if that is true?
From 104 the score.
If Winkle isn’t the best ALL AROUND player in the 14th region I need to get out and watch some of these other teams a little more I guess. I’ve watched Perry and Jackson several times and Dixon and Turner are good players but they aren’t on Winkle’s level. If they played Estill’s schedule their numbers would take a hit or if Winkle played their schedules her numbers would go up even higher. She plays a harder schedule and puts up better numbers and is a top 10 state level pitcher also. Lol good ole boys system of voting it looks like.
(02-23-2022, 06:43 PM)Just seen this post and seeing the rankings. I couldn’t agree with you more. Another question is how are you the 1 and only have 1 player top 10? You would think they would have at least 3 players in top 10. O well I’m sure it must be a buddy system of voting kinda like you have mentioned. ??‍♂️??‍♂️Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]If Winkle isn’t the best ALL AROUND player in the 14th region I need to get out and watch some of these other teams a little more I guess. I’ve watched Perry and Jackson several times and Dixon and Turner are good players but they aren’t on Winkle’s level. If they played Estill’s schedule their numbers would take a hit or if Winkle played their schedules her numbers would go up even higher. She plays a harder schedule and puts up better numbers and is a top 10 state level pitcher also. Lol good ole boys system of voting it looks like.
The same little group of coaches did the same thing to Wolfe for the past 2 years. Funny thing is it just makes them look bad when they have the "best" players and still don't win. They haven't figured out yet that you cant vote for the regional championship you have to win that.
How would you rate the players Reds?
Estill counties little league in baseball and softball is top notch. It’s no surprise they’re so good every year if you’re familiar
Top 5 Teams
1. Estill
2. Wolfe
3. Perry
4. KCC
5. Letcher

Top 10 Players

1.Winkle- Estill
2. Dixon- PCC
3. Turner- J City
4. Terrill- WC
5. Farmer- Estill
6. Tincher- BC
7. Hughes- PCC
8. Smith- WC
9. Smith- J City
10. Sandlin- KCC

I look at defense and offense when making my list. Just because a kid is a better hitter doesn’t mean they’re a better player all the time.

Some teams and players put up better stats because they play weaker schedules. I also look at that.
Looks good to me Redsfan. Agree with you on about all them.
I’d rather have a kid that can hit and make routine plays consistently rather than just a kid with a great glove that may make decent contact every 10 at bats. That’s just me
(02-27-2022, 12:10 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Top 5 Teams
1. Estill
2. Wolfe
3. Perry
4. KCC
5. Letcher

Top 10 Players

1.Winkle- Estill
2. Dixon- PCC
3. Turner- J City
4. Terrill- WC
5. Farmer- Estill
6. Tincher- BC
7. Hughes- PCC
8. Smith- WC
9. Smith- J City
10. Sandlin- KCC

I look at defense and offense when making my list. Just because a kid is a better hitter doesn’t mean they’re a better player all the time.

Some teams and players put up better stats because they play weaker schedules. I also look at that.

If not for the Covid year of 2020 that cost Wolfe County their season. Wolfe County would be back to back to back regional champions. 
So I’m still taking them until someone beats them. 
These kids work extremely hard year around.
They have built a tradition and work to keep it.
Very true fanman. Hard to go against technically three time region champs. You’re the champ till someone takes you down. Wolfe is always a great team. It’ll be a war this season to see who comes out on top. The Engineers returning almost everyone will look to dethrone the champs. The Commodores look good as well with the Dixon girls. I also understand where Redsfan is coming from. Opinions are like, well, you know. But, Everyone on this site has very valid comments. Looking like a great season in the 14th.
I’m surprised it’s even a debate on who will win this year lol. Estill layed an egg in the region last year but returns everyone from that team. With Winkle on the mound and a really good supporting cast…I don’t see anybody getting close to beating them.
Estill was the overwhelming favorite last year also and as you said laid an egg. That group hasn’t ever won a region title. Regular season wins don’t matter, you have to get it done when it matters.
They laid an egg in the regional tourney in 2019 as well when they were the overwhelming favorite.
Seems to be the common theme since they ran Shirley off.
But according to this site they were gonna be much better with their new coaches than they were with Shirley.
How has that worked out for them since she left?
I think the problem with most teams in 14th is they try to break pitching stats with one kid and don’t bring along 1 or 2 more pitchers. They think every regular season game is the state championship game. Estill threw Emma to much last year bottom line. Should of threw some other kids. I felt Emma looked worn down by the region. I feel some of the other top teams do the same. Games at the end of the year matter more than regular season games. Save your horse for the end of the race. Lose a few regular season games if it comes to that.
100% right DukeBoy, Lynn pitched her to death and it cost him.
I'm anxious to see how Estill does this coming season. They've got North Laurel x3, Mad South x2, Assumption, Frederick Douglass. They play 6 of the Lex Schools. They also go to Louisville Male.