Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida at Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Kentucky just pulled the upset on LSU, beating the #1 team in the country. Florida comes to Lexington next Sat and so will GameDay. What are your thoughts.

I'm picking Kentucky by 8
Going to enjoy this win and not even think about florida until monday,,,thats alright isnt it?
Yea. Guess im doing this kinda early. I apologize!!
I'm going to have to say UK by 1 touchdown.
UK had better come out strong and ready. Florida will be playing with a TON of emotion after losing a teammate this week..or this Top 10 talk will be a moot point..I'll give my pick when Im not so fired up and when Im thinking clearly, lol..
True Florida will be running on emotion. Please nobody play the LSU beat UF, We beat LSU card. Ok back to the game, Kentucky will also be coming into this game with adrenaline running, I believe Andre will be able to light up Florida D through the Air, running game won't be so easy.

UK-31
UF-21

Whooo!!! I'm going to be there, who else is going?
Uk 14
Uf 13
Kentucky by 4.

UK-28
UF-24
Wow!! Tickets are going for hundreds of dollars on ebay right now!!!

I'm dying to go, I have bid on a few tickets, but I dont think I will be willing to fork out near enough for what they are asking. lol

As far as the score, this is a hard one, but Im going to go with my Cats.

UK 32
Florida 28
Me and BlackcatFootball are going to this one and I think UK flexes its muscle in this matchup. Going with the Cats by two touchdowns. Commonwealth is gonna be rocking for this one, and UK will back them up with a nice win. GBB!

Kentucky- 31
Florida- 17
will anyone be there besides me?

Kentucky - 19
Florida - 24

SORRY CATS
Wuzza Bear Wrote:Uk 14
Uf 13

No way the score ends up that low. Florida's defense isn't that good and neither is ours.

I'll say UK wins 38-31.
ill say cats by one touchdown they will be pumped and ready to go
If...Then Wrote:will anyone be there besides me?

I'll be there.
UK by two touchdowns in a statement game.
If...Then Wrote:will anyone be there besides me?

Kentucky - 19
Florida - 24

SORRY CATS
You're the only one so far not picking the Cats.

Tell us why after beating the #1 team, who Florida couldn't beat, why UK would lose to them at home?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You're the only one so far not picking the Cats.

Tell us why after beating the #1 team, who Florida couldn't beat, why UK would lose to them at home?

Just because UK beat the #1 team doesn't mean they can't lose to anyone in the country. LSU beat South Carolina who beat us, so you can't make those comparisons.

Truth be told, Florida's offense is much more potent than LSU's and their defense is solid as well. I think Urban is a much better coach than Les Miles, not to mention Florida is coming to UK on two weeks rest while UK has a week after a draining emotional win over LSU.

I know UK can win this one, but it won't be as easy as many think. I won't predict a score but this one can go either way. And If Then...'s prediction is just as valid as any others I've seen. This will be a battle.
Geez, Feels great to beat the #1 team in the nation but then we play Florida this week lol. This wont be easy for the Cats, the Gators O is more explosive than LSU.Like someone said earlier the Gators will be playing with a lot of emotion after 2 straight loses and losing a teammate.Tebow will be hard to stop.Just hope the Cats win!!!!!1

GO KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!
UK- 45
Florida- 31
Florida 42
Kentucky 35
Sorry Cat fans, I hope Im wrong here, but Florida has had two weeks to prepare, not to mention the roller coaster of emotion they'll be bringing into the game. When you lose a teammate, most of the time, you do one of two things, you either play flat the rest of the year, or you play balls to the wall and become almost unbeatable. Tim Tebow will throw for 300 yards and rush for 170 more, Percy Harvin will have a huge game, and Florida's defense will do just enough to win the game..UK has had a fabulous season thus far, and I hope Im wrong, but I just dont see the Cats beating LSU and Florida back to back. That and I dont see Florida losing the rest of the year until maybe the SEC championship game..
BlackcatFootball Wrote:True Florida will be running on emotion. Please nobody play the LSU beat UF, We beat LSU card. Ok back to the game, Kentucky will also be coming into this game with adrenaline running, I believe Andre will be able to light up Florida D through the Air, running game won't be so easy.

UK-31
UF-21

Whooo!!! I'm going to be there, who else is going?
I'll be there at probly 6 AM to get our good tailgating spot in the green lot, hopefully within 50 feet of the gameday crew (at least thats where CSTV showed up this week).

As for the game, I pick Kentucky because of what I think is the biggest factor - Nearly everyone oustide this state thinks Florida will win, perhaps handily. We play our best in these situations against good teams (Clemson, Louisville, Arkansas, LSU).
Will GameDay for sure be there even though the game is being broadcast on CBS? I thought GameDay went to games that were being presented on ESPN that night. :confused: I guess that was just an assumption I had. But I will be there! Go Cats!
UK rides a lot of momentum coming into this game. I'll take the Cats.
UK-39
UF-24
UK by a touchdown.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Will GameDay for sure be there even though the game is being broadcast on CBS? I thought GameDay went to games that were being presented on ESPN that night. :confused: I guess that was just an assumption I had. But I will be there! Go Cats!
The Florida-LSU game was on CBS - Gameday usually just tries to pick the best game of the week and the only other good game in terms of rankings this week is 18 Auburn @ 5 LSU and they've already been to Baton Rouge twice this year. I can see no reason why they wouldn't come to Lexington.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Will GameDay for sure be there even though the game is being broadcast on CBS? I thought GameDay went to games that were being presented on ESPN that night. :confused: I guess that was just an assumption I had. But I will be there! Go Cats!

Gameday was just at the Oklahoma/Missouri game and that was televised on FSN West. So I'm positive that they will be there not matter who is covering the game. GBB!
blackcat_student Wrote:Gameday was just at the Oklahoma/Missouri game and that was televised on FSN West. So I'm positive that they will be there not matter who is covering the game. GBB!

Okay. Thanks. I was wondering. :thatsfunn
As far as my prediction for this game...
We saw how much of an advantage extra time will give you. UK had 10 days to prepare for LSU. Florida will have had 2 WEEKS to get ready for Commonwealth Stadium. Florida's offense is much better than LSU's. Tebow is more mobile than Perriloux and Flynn, as well as a better passer. Percy Harvin is a great all-around athlete on the outside. Florida's defense isn't LSU's, but they're not shabby either. Yeah, they lost 9 starters, but they're still very very talented. UK's defense only allowed 14 points to South Carolina, and they showed up when it mattered most against LSU and Louisville. In the end, I think this game is much like the LSU game; UK's offensive firepower will prove too much for the young Florida defense, and UK's defense will continue to make stops when it needs to. Kentucky continues to roll, winning.....38-28.
to much speed and talent for the wildcats... to much tebow to much havin to much myer to much class for the cats... ive picked uk all year long but u got to face the facts they havent got the talent that florida has and sure the hell hasnt got the coach that florida has... florida by 21... 42 - 21...
TE#82 Wrote:to much speed and talent for the wildcats... to much tebow to much havin to much myer to much class for the cats... ive picked uk all year long but u got to face the facts they havent got the talent that florida has and sure the hell hasnt got the coach that florida has... florida by 21... 42 - 21...

Are you serious?
Pages: 1 2 3 4