Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where will UK be ranked after beating #1 LSU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where will the Cats be ranked after upsetting #1 LSU?
they should be in the top 10..I'd put them right at 10.
Somewhere between 7-11 I'd say.
Top 10 again baby!!!
I would say 6 or 7
9th...

Barring any more upsets, the Cats should be behind California, Ohio State, Boston College, Oklahoma, South Florida, Oregon, South Carolina, Southern Cal. Should be in front of West Virginia since they were idle this week.
Does LSU fall out of the Top 10? If everyone else wins and UK deserves a Top 10 spot for the upset, considering they were Top 10 earlier this season, does UK take the place of LSU in the Top 10?

Is there a clear-cut #1? California? Ohio State? The Buckeyes haven't beaten anybody this season except Purdue.

This is wild!
Back at #7
Same ol Ky doubters wont rank them higher than 10th.watch what Im telling you all.gee whiz
No..LSU shouldnt fall out of the top 5...and it would be absolutely bullshit if they do. UK has already proven they can beat the big boys, and LSU shouldnt be punished for losing to a team that shouldnt have fallen 9 spots last week..LSU should be, and IS a Top 5 team. Hopefully the pollsters will see that. If USC is ranked ahead of LSU next week, then they should rid college football of its ranking system. UK would beat USC by 2 touchdowns, but unfortunately wont see that light of day...
jammin' jamey Wrote:Does LSU fall out of the Top 10? If everyone else wins and UK deserves a Top 10 spot for the upset, considering they were Top 10 earlier this season, does UK take the place of LSU in the Top 10?

Is there a clear-cut #1? California? Ohio State? The Buckeyes haven't beaten anybody this season except Purdue.

This is wild!
Im not doubting dude, Im being realistic. You dropped 9 spots for losing to the 11th ranked team in the country on the road. Pollsters hate Kentucky. UK will jump to maybe 8th, if they are that lucky.
tomcatin Wrote:Same ol Ky doubters wont rank them higher than 10th.watch what Im telling you all.gee whiz
Totally Agree Th32!!!! Totally Agree!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No..LSU shouldnt fall out of the top 5...and it would be absolutely bullshit if they do.

Totally agree...

LSU is Top 5...South Florida will fall a spot and UK will make it's way into the lower half of the Top 10. But who falls out of the Top 10 instead of LSU to make room in the Top 10 this week (again barring games still in progress) for the Cats?
LSU and UK both deserve to be in the Top 10...I'd put LSU at #5 and UK at #10, given everybody wins this week...and if they beat Florida next week, I'd put UK in the Top 5...Its just shameful that LSU will get punished without mercy...Ohio State will be the new #1 (hopefully...I think Ill throw up if Cal is)...
jammin' jamey Wrote:Does LSU fall out of the Top 10? If everyone else wins and UK deserves a Top 10 spot for the upset, considering they were Top 10 earlier this season, does UK take the place of LSU in the Top 10?

This is wild!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:LSU and UK both deserve to be in the Top 10...I'd put LSU at #5 and UK at #10, given everybody wins this week...and if they beat Florida next week, I'd put UK in the Top 5...Its just shameful that LSU will get punished without mercy...Ohio State will be the new #1 (hopefully...I think Ill throw up if Cal is)...

The Buckeyes haven't beaten anyone...The Pac 10 is stronger this year than in years past...California will be the new #1.

Still, who falls out of the Top 10 since LSU shouldn't? West VA because they were idle?
IMO USC shouldnt be in there...Even though they won today, they should fall out of the Top 10..Cal will be lucky to beat OSU tonight..Whats bad is that Boston College will be ranked higher than LSU OR Kentucky...and anybody who thinks they could beat LSU, UK, or Florida should have their heads examined..South Carolina is legit, and should be right where they are..Oregon is top 10..but no way should 3 Pac 10 teams make up the Top 10..no way..
jammin' jamey Wrote:Totally agree...

LSU is Top 5...South Florida will fall a spot and UK will make it's way into the lower half of the Top 10. But who falls out of the Top 10 instead of LSU to make room in the Top 10 this week (again barring games still in progress) for the Cats?
I agree completely with you that it is stronger...but but its just not justifiable to have three teams from that conference in the top 10, and the SEC only have one next week..Ive said all along, that the last place SEC team would be in the upper half of the Pac 10..USC should take the fall out of the Top 10..
jammin' jamey Wrote:The Buckeyes haven't beaten anyone...The Pac 10 is stronger this year than in years past...California will be the new #1.

Still, who falls out of the Top 10 since LSU shouldn't? West VA because they were idle?
As funny as this is going to sound, I STILL think LSU is the best team in the country..but they wont be ranked accordingly, lol...UK just beat them..and deserved it..nobody in the country would have beaten UK tonight, even without Rafael Little..
I'm thinking they will be 6-10 some where in that range, maybe even 8 again.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I agree completely with you that it is stronger...but but its just not justifiable to have three teams from that conference in the top 10, and the SEC only have one next week..Ive said all along, that the last place SEC team would be in the upper half of the Pac 10..USC should take the fall out of the Top 10..

No doubt that the SEC is better than the Pac 10. Should USC be there considering they struggled today (without Booty BTW)? They won, they should stay in the Top 10.

I'm like you, I still think LSU is the best team in the country. It looks as if this year's national championship game will feature a team with 1 loss. Probably an SEC team for sure will be in the championship.

I like the Buckeyes, I'm an Ohio State fan. But it won't be right if they make the championship game just because they may finish the season undefeated. They have Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan left on their schedule and they have a good shot at finishing undefeated. Hopefully, the computer rankings will take into effect they've beaten Youngstown State, Kent, Akron, Northwestern.
great post JJ...the only thing I disagree with you on, is that I think USC should be out..but had the pollsters done their jobs last week, USC would have been 13th or 14th, and nobody would be having this discussion right now..but I 100% agree with you on the OSU deal, although Id much rather have OSU playing a 1-loss SEC school than Cal..OSU still has a rough way to go though, that schedule is fairly tough the rest of the way..
jammin' jamey Wrote:No doubt that the SEC is better than the Pac 10. Should USC be there considering they struggled today (without Booty BTW)? They won, they should stay in the Top 10.

I'm like you, I still think LSU is the best team in the country. It looks as if this year's national championship game will feature a team with 1 loss. Probably an SEC team for sure will be in the championship.

I like the Buckeyes, I'm an Ohio State fan. But it won't be right if they make the championship game just because they may finish the season undefeated. They have Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan left on their schedule and they have a good shot at finishing undefeated. Hopefully, the computer rankings will take into effect they've beaten Youngstown State, Kent, Akron, Northwestern.
I say that UK should move up to 9th, but to be realistic I would say 10th or 11th.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:OSU still has a rough way to go though, that schedule is fairly tough the rest of the way..

I think their schedule is a cakewalk except for their rival game with Michigan. Illni and Wisconsin lost today. The Big 10 is a conference of mediocre teams beating up on each other with Ohio State being the best of those teams looking to avoid a screw up this season.

One thing everyone is gonna hear come Monday is that the SEC is the best league in college football. The experts will say, "If a traditional doormat like Kentucky can rise up this season with their program and knock off the undisputed #1 team in the nation, that just proves that from top to bottom, the SEC is the best." That comment, or comments similar to that will make me so furious, because the "experts" will still refer to UK as one of the bottom SEC teams, despite this year's success. Experts are too caught up in tradition than current happenings.
I agree with you on that one, even if they run the table the rest of the year, end up in the top 10 in the polls, Kentucky will still get the shaft some how. I for one would LOVE to see them have a bowl game after Jan. 1 if you know what I mean.
Penn State will give OSU fits too...they drilled Wisconsin today (although Wisconsin is, and has been overrated all year)..I believe they will be favored in all of the games, but I wouldnt call it a cakewalk...although yeah, Ive seen tougher. UK has possibly the toughest road to win out..still gotta play Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and a very tough Vandy team...and although all of those games are winnable, at the same time, they could lose three of four, lol..Vandy is no pushover anymore..they have SEC quality athletes at every position..
jammin' jamey Wrote:I think their schedule is a cakewalk except for their rival game with Michigan. Illni and Wisconsin lost today. The Big 10 is a conference of mediocre teams beating up on each other with Ohio State being the best of those teams looking to avoid a screw up this season.

One thing everyone is gonna hear come Monday is that the SEC is the best league in college football. The experts will say, "If a traditional doormat like Kentucky can rise up this season with their program and knock off the undisputed #1 team in the nation, that just proves that from top to bottom, the SEC is the best." That comment, or comments similar to that will make me so furious, because the "experts" will still refer to UK as one of the bottom SEC teams, despite this year's success. Experts are too caught up in tradition than current happenings.
truthfully JJ, those so called experts have no more expertise than you or me when it comes to college football. I'd put myself up against any of them when it comes to the history of college football..not bragging, but its the truth..they just get paid big money to suck up to the "traditional powers" on national tv...but they arent any better than either of us..
jammin' jamey Wrote:I think their schedule is a cakewalk except for their rival game with Michigan. Illni and Wisconsin lost today. The Big 10 is a conference of mediocre teams beating up on each other with Ohio State being the best of those teams looking to avoid a screw up this season.

I will say 7. LSU will only drop to about 5 or 6. They will still be in front of us but hey UK right behind LSU! Pretty rediculous that South Carolina will be as high as 5. UK had the worst game ever and still was in the game.
Cal is currently on the ropes big time.... Kentucky should be in the 6-8 range...

A similar example would be South Florida, ranked 18 before their win over #3 West Virginia, ranked 6th afterwards.....

What's harder to believe is if UK had beat South Carolina (outplayed them IMO if not for two defensive touchdowns), UK would have a legitimate chance to be in the top 2...
Alls I care about is that, assuming Ohio State wins out, they'll be playing for the National Title.
Pages: 1 2