Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Midnight Madness @ UK Tonight (Friday, Oct. 12th)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big night for recruits...The following players will be at the event tonight:
Dakotah Euton - 6'8" from Ashland #11 Hoop Scoop...Class 2010
Jon Hood - 6'6" from Madisonville #39 Rivals...Class 2009
Chad Jackson - 6'4" from Ashland not rated...Class 2010
Verdell Jones - 6"4" from Champaign, ILL #126 Rivals...Class 2008
DeAndre Liggins - 6'6" from Chicago #20 Scout.com...Class 2008
Darius Miller - 6'6" from Maysville #34 Prep Stars...Class 2008
J'Mison Morgan - 6'10" from Dallas, TX #23 Rivals...Class 2008
Ralph Sampson III - 6'10" from Duluth, GA #53 Prep Stars...Class 2008
Chris Singleton - 6"8" from Dunwoody, GA #13 Prep Stars...Class 2008
Garrett Stutz - 7'0" from Kansas City, MO not rated...Class 2008
JT Terrell - 6'5" from Burlington, NC not rated...Class 2010
John Wall - 6'3" from Raleigh, NC #9 Rivals...Class 2009
what time does it start??
9 on wkyt
Its football season gee whiz!!!
The "Hells Bells" intro for Billy G gave me chills.
I watched 10 minutes of it and turned it off.... I really couldn't careless about all these feature pieces.... I want to watch the men's basketball team practice, not what they do in their daily lives...
Yeah Gillispies entrance was awesome!!
I thought they looked pretty good for the first practice of the season. Jodie Meeks and Alex Legion looked good. Patterson had a nice follow up dunk and held his own. The young guys should make a big impact on the season.
Man Billy G is gonna be able to go about 7 deep with the bench. Legion, Stewart, Patterson all looked good. Meeks looked real good. I was impressed with walk-on Mark Courry.
WOW! I was really impressed by Williams! He lost the weight over the summer! He had a nice looking hook and actually looked fairly athletic. Stewert looked more athletic than I was expecting. Legion did everything that I hoped for, Patterson looked extremely impressive. I am telling you man I may have to set my expectation a little high after seeing some of the kids play.
Yes, The freshmen are gonna make a big Impact this year, I love UK Football but now im excited bout this years Bball team! Go CATS!!!!
I was REALLY impressed by the team Billy G has been working with all summer!

They played good!

Make that a third that loved Billy's entrance! lol
Yeah that entrance was awesome, and I like that Billy G. is always smiling, like he is always in a good mood, unlike that last coach we had, hmm, what was his name. The team seem more fired up and ready to go than they did under that other guy. I dont know how much longer I can wait for the season to start.
Dont get me wrong I always get jacked up for anything UK, Midnight Madness is always a favorite, But I think this years was pretty Lame. I cant wait to see them in action, but they just didnt put to much into this one IMO!!!!!
FreakNasty Wrote:I watched 10 minutes of it and turned it off.... I really couldn't careless about all these feature pieces.... I want to watch the men's basketball team practice, not what they do in their daily lives...
Amen to that Freaky.That was goofy as it gets.I think that alof of the show was for 12 to 13 year old girls.I liked the hells bells introducing the coach but the rest SUCKED.
iTS A GOOD THING WE GOT A GREAT COACH BECAUSE WE SURE DONT HAVE GREAT PLAYERS.
tomcatin Wrote:iTS A GOOD THING WE GOT A GREAT COACH BECAUSE WE SURE DONT HAVE GREAT PLAYERS.

explain how we dont got great players?
Nothing bad Super D we just dont have great players.We have good players.Straigh from coach.We have good players not great players.Good players playing as a team can win it all.
tomcatin Wrote:Nothing bad Super D we just dont have great players.We have good players.Straigh from coach.We have good players not great players.Good players playing as a team can win it all.

alright. Makes sense now lol. i just misunderstood your post a little bit
I just dont have any idea how we will do super de.Im excited and nervous at the same time.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:WOW! I was really impressed by Williams! He lost the weight over the summer! He had a nice looking hook and actually looked fairly athletic. Stewert looked more athletic than I was expecting. Legion did everything that I hoped for, Patterson looked extremely impressive. I am telling you man I may have to set my expectation a little high after seeing some of the kids play.

I agree, Scotty. Williams looked pretty good, and seemed like he will actually be able to contribute this year.

I know it's just the first practice, but he looked much slimmer and in much better shape. One reason I had thought he wouldn't play much this year was I didn't think he would be able to get up and down the floor with Kentucky's guard-oriented attack. But Billy G whipped him into shape, and I could definitely see him getting some minutes spelling Patterson and Stevenson.

One other thing. What's with all the walk-ons? I swear it seemed like we had 5 or 6 guys on the team I'd never heard of.