Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: No More Cursing from the Sideline for College Coaches...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How will this affect Rick Pitino?

Cursing or venturing onto the court could draw college basketball coaches a quick technical foul this season. The NCAA is making bench decorum a point of emphasis for 2007-08 and warns coaches to expect a whistle without warning for a variety of unsportsmanlike actions. Coaches and game officials who do not strictly adhere to the rules will be penalized. Referees who are consistent in enforcing the rules will be rewarded.

The actions that can draw a technical include disrespectfully addressing an official or attempting to influence an official's decision, using abusive or profane language, taunting an opponent, inciting undesirable crowd reactions and coming onto the court without permission of an official to attend to an injured player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3058992
I think the overall rule is OK but the part about not being able to come out onto the floor to attend to an injured player without permission is bogus.
vundy33 Wrote:I think the overall rule is OK but the part about not being able to come out onto the floor to attend to an injured player without permission is bogus.

Yeah, if I was a coach I don't care about the T, I would help my athlete out no matter what.
Aw that's horse shit... lol (I'm just quotin many coaches when I say that)
^^^haha
yeah, and the Texas Tech job has already been posted, lol..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, and the Texas Tech job has already been posted, lol..

HA! That's pretty good TH. I'm gonna say that by the end of the year, Bob Knight will have watched the ends of several games from the TV in the locker room!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, and the Texas Tech job has already been posted, lol..

Smile Smile :Thumbs: Good one TH32
Pitino's foul mouth will get alot of t's.We sit close to the Ky bench with a youth group and it kinda got embarrassing.He really has a nasty New York mouth.His mommy never washed his mouth out with soap.cant ever say that about tubby.
I always heard that Pitino had a dirty mouth. He may need some Orbit gum to clean it up before the season starts. (Lame joke! Did anyone get it?)
Good one scotty.I was shocked how pitino cussed when hollering at the kentucky players.