Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2022 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe this will be a great and competitive year. Several teams returned loads of talent. What is everyone’s thoughts. 

I see 6 teams with legitimate shot of winning. 
Paintsville, Pikeville, Lawrence County,Belfry and Johnson Central in no particular order.
(11-04-2021, 10:34 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this will be a great and competitive year. Several teams returned loads of talent. What is everyone’s thoughts. 

I see 6 teams with legitimate shot of winning. 
Paintsville, Pikeville, Lawrence County,Belfry and Johnson Central in no particular order.
I can’t ever remember this much top tier pitching in the region. I can think of no less than 10-12 high level pitchers.
Let’s look at the pitching in the 15th region.

Bryce Blevins - Lawrence County proved last year he’s the best arm in the region by a decent margin. His Numbers were unreal having a sub .050 era walking only 1 with compete control of the strike zone all year. There’s a few arms behind him that’s not to far below him but Blevins is the #1 arm in tue region.

Tait Lakin - Pikeville is #2
Conner Fugate - #3 just a step below then
Followed by Zac Taylor - Paintsville, Luke Patton - Lawrence County and Brady Clarke - Pikeville These are the top arms in the region without a doubt. Looking at last years numbers Cameron Kelso winning pitcher regional championship and Conner Lemaster - Johnson Central, Blue Fletcher - Lawrence County 7-1 1.89era 61k’s 10bb’s on the year, Ashton Deskins and Parker Hall - Belfry and Payton Burke - Pburg are right there too. The 15th is full of great arms this year.

Now do those numbers compute over to 2022? Not sure but we’ll find out. Lawrence County and Paintsville have the 2 best offensive teams while Lawrence County and Pikeville have the 2 best pitching staffs on the region.

Should be a great year of baseball in the 15th. In my opinion preseason should be ranked like so.

1) Lawrence County
2) Paintsville
3) Pikeville
4) Belfry
5) Johnson Central

One of those 5 teams will win the 15th IMO.
Is Walt Crace out at Paintsville?
(12-08-2021, 03:43 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Is Walt Crace out at Paintsville?
Yes, McCormick has been placed as the new head coach.
What in the world happened ???
Better throw prestonsburg in the race. Alot of talent and they are well coached.
This will be the best year of baseball in many years in 15th. Lot of talent returning with numerous D-1 signings
(01-30-2022, 07:18 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]This will be the best year of baseball in many years in 15th. Lot of talent returning with numerous D-1 signings

Can I get some names or breakdowns of teams as someone who hasn’t followed too closely past couple years?
Having played in the 15th and been around it for a few decades I cannot remember this much collegiate talent in our region ever. Especially in the pitching department, the number of pitchers just simply throwing hard, there is probably 15-20 kids throwing 85+

As far as favorites to win and such, I think it’s the same ol same ol. 

Top 4 interchangeable. 

Paintsville 
Lawrence 
Pikeville 
JC 

5 Belfry 

Everybody else
1. Lawrence county
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson central
5. Belfry
6. Prestonsburg
7. Martin county
8. Pike County central
9. Floyd county central
10. Betsy layne
(02-06-2022, 10:46 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Lawrence county
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson central
5. Belfry
6. Prestonsburg
7. Martin county
8. Pike County central
9. Floyd county central
10. Betsy layne
I’d put Belfry 4th and JC 5th but other than that this looks pretty close.
Updated preseason rankings IMO

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
(02-22-2022, 09:30 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]Updated preseason rankings IMO

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
LOL!
(02-22-2022, 10:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
LOL!
Please enlighten me as to what is so funny?

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
1)Lawrence, 2)Paintsville, and 3)Pikeville are by far the 3 best teams in the region. Followed by a good gap to Belfry then they’ll be a pretty decent drop off but JC is probably the 5th best team.
(02-23-2022, 12:45 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
1)Lawrence, 2)Paintsville, and 3)Pikeville are by far the 3 best teams in the region. Followed by a good gap to Belfry then they’ll be a pretty decent drop off but JC is probably the 5th best team.
Would you still agree with pikeville being there if let’s say wade Hensley, and Blake birchfield weren’t playing and Tate was out til at least the regional tourney?
(02-23-2022, 12:48 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
Would you still agree with pikeville being there if let’s say wade Hensley, and Blake birchfield weren’t playing and Tate was out til at least the regional tourney?
No, I wouldn’t lol. If they lose those 3 I’d drop them probably past JC. I’d definitely put Belfry behind of them.
(02-23-2022, 12:50 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
No, I wouldn’t lol. If they lose those 3 I’d drop them probably past JC. I’d definitely put Belfry behind of them.
Well drop them below JC then.

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
Now does my list make some sense? Lol
(02-23-2022, 12:51 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
Well drop them below JC then.

1A.Lawrence 
1B. Paintsville

2A Johnson Central 
2B Pikeville 
2C Belfry 

Everybody else
Now does my list make some sense? Lol
If what your saying is correct and those 3 are out. I like your list.
Pikeville will struggle if if Lakin is out and Hensley and Birchfield are not playing. They'll still be good but not a region favorite. Pburg is a team that could be dangerous. Burke is a top 5 pitcher and they have decent bats too.
Bryce Blevins  Lawrence County proved last year he’s the best arm in the region by a decent margin.
His Numbers were unreal having a sub .050 era walking only 1 with compete control of the strike zone all year. There’s a few arms behind him that’s not to far below him but Blevins is the #1 arm in tue region.

Followed by Zac Taylor - Paintsville, Luke Patton - Lawrence County and Brady Clarke  Pikeville These are the top arms in the region without a doubt.

Looking at last years numbers Cameron Kelso winning pitcher regional championship and Conner Lemaster  Johnson Central, Blue Fletcher  Lawrence County 7-1 1.89era 61k’s 10bb’s on the year, Ashton Deskins and Parker Hall - Belfry and Payton Burke - Pburg are right there too.

Now do those numbers compute over to 2022? Not sure but we’ll find out. Lawrence County and Paintsville have the 2 best offensive teams while Lawrence County and Pikeville have the 2 best pitching staffs on the region.

Steinco Industrial Solutions, Inc.
(02-23-2022, 12:33 PM)blakeadam Wrote: [ -> ]Bryce Blevins  Lawrence County proved last year he’s the best arm in the region by a decent margin.
His Numbers were unreal having a sub .050 era walking only 1 with compete control of the strike zone all year. There’s a few arms behind him that’s not to far below him but Blevins is the #1 arm in tue region.

Followed by Zac Taylor - Paintsville, Luke Patton - Lawrence County and Brady Clarke  Pikeville These are the top arms in the region without a doubt.

Looking at last years numbers Cameron Kelso winning pitcher regional championship and Conner Lemaster  Johnson Central, Blue Fletcher  Lawrence County 7-1 1.89era 61k’s 10bb’s on the year, Ashton Deskins and Parker Hall - Belfry and Payton Burke - Pburg are right there too.

It's clear you've not watched Tait Lakin cause you didn't even mention his name when talking about the top pitchers in the region. Might want to do some research.
(02-23-2022, 05:36 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2022, 12:33 PM)blakeadam Wrote: [ -> ]Bryce Blevins  Lawrence County proved last year he’s the best arm in the region by a decent margin.

It's clear you've not watched Tait Lakin cause you didn't even mention his name when talking about the top pitchers in the region. Might want to do some research.
Also left off the UK commit Fugate. He’s alright too lol
(02-23-2022, 08:43 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]

The talent in the 15th region this year is through the roof. It’s going to be a exciting year.
(02-25-2022, 06:24 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]

The talent in the 15th region this year is through the roof. It’s going to be a exciting year.
Could we see a 15th region team make a real run at a final 4? Or a championship game? I personally think so.
(02-25-2022, 09:24 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2022, 06:24 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]

Could we see a 15th region team make a real run at a final 4? Or a championship game? I personally think so.
I most definitely believe a 15th region team can make a deep run to the final 4 or even further. With a little luck and the right draw a 15th team could win a state championship this year.
Paintsville and Lawrence County definitely have enough pitching talent and depth to make some noise at state this year. Who is the 15th matched up against at semi state this year? Is it the 13th or 16th region?
(02-26-2022, 09:42 PM)Mister D Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville and Lawrence County definitely have enough pitching talent and depth to make some noise at state this year. Who is the 15th matched up against at semi state this year? Is it the 13th or 16th region?
There is no semi state this year. All 16 region champions will play at one central location this year (Kentuckys field) like it used to be. Not sure if they’ll play in the first round of state who they were suppose to play at semi state or not or if it’s a draw for the entire state bracket. If they do it’ll be the 13th region I believe.
I'm curious what everyone's top 10 would look like now, after a couple weeks of games. Here's the way I see it:

1. Lawrence county
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Prestonsburg
5. Johnson Central
6. Belfry
7. Shelby Valley
8. Martin County
9. Pike County Central
10. Floyd Central
Pages: 1 2