Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky ranked #17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The latest AP poll UK drops from 8th to 17th in the tough 38-23 lost to the Gamecocks.Hopefully we can knock off the #1 team in the country this weekend!
It sucks UK got moved that far back, but it happens. I don't see us knocking off number 1 LSU this weekend, but no one saw Stanford knocking off [2] USC ether so hopefully it will be a good game. LETS GO CATS.
I'd would have liked to have seen where we would have been if we would have won this week.
We would crack the top 5 no doubt if we would have beat SC. I've we lined them up again WITHOUT the RAIN. I would go with UK any day of the week.
Well wait till next week, UK will be back to normal, unranked and out of site.
So does anyone know for sure, is gameday coming to Lexington?
If we would have beat SC, than no doubt the gameday crew would be in Lexington this weekend, but im not sure tho this still might have it in Lex, I only see one game that they could want to go to more than this one #11 Missouri @ #6 Oklahoma.
This weeks poll is rediculuous. USC is still in the top 10, but their only win worth anyhting was against an overrated Nebraska team - compare USC to Wisconsin who have both had trouble with bad teams, then Wisconsin loses to a good Illinois team at Illinios, drops from 5 to 19, USC loses to an absolutely terrible Stanford team at home but only drops 8 spots. OU is 6th after narrowly escaping a bad Texas team. Arizona State? (Yeah they're undefeated but who have they played?) Georgia is ranked ahead of Tennessee even though they just got blasted by them. Ohio State has played no one this year and won't until they get embarassed in their bowl game again.
UK gets beat on the road against the #11 team in the country and drops 9 spots...USC gets beat at home by a 41 point underdog and drops 9 spots.....like Ive said, the media LOVES USC..Im surprised Notre Dame aint ranked yet..
I think this is a comfortable ranking for UK. I don't think UK was 8th best in the country and I think this 17th ranking fits them more. GBB!
Shew it would have been huge to beat SC, because it is almost imperative to now beat both FLA and LSU to have a chance in the SEC east.
Ky should of droped down to bout 15, but oh well. Hate to say it but after sat. they wont be ranked anymore!!. but go Ky,hope u can pull the upset!
17 is a number I can live with. #8 was too high anyway in my opinion.
launchpad4 Wrote:Well wait till next week, UK will be back to normal, unranked and out of site.

Hadn't heard from you since you were on here saying how Louisville was so much better than UK and had much more talented players. I noticed you didn't say anything after Kentucky beat them. But as soon as the Cats lost a game, here you are again spouting your anti-UK venom.

Even if UK does lose this week (to the #1 ranked team in the country, I might add), they will still be 5-2 with both losses to teams currently ranked in the top 10. And they will still be better than Louisville, who couldn't even beat Syracuse and now Utah at home. Pathetic!
More Cowbell Wrote:Hadn't heard from you since you were on here saying how Louisville was so much better than UK and had much more talented players. I noticed you didn't say anything after Kentucky beat them. But as soon as the Cats lost a game, here you are again spouting your anti-UK venom.

Even if UK does lose this week (to the #1 ranked team in the country, I might add), they will still be 5-2 with both losses to teams currently ranked in the top 10. And they will still be better than Louisville, who couldn't even beat Syracuse and now Utah at home. Pathetic!

I love it. GBB!
after they lose to LSU, and them most likely to Florida.. UK is outta the top 25 prolly for good.. and I predict they'll drop a game either to Georgia or Tennessee.. maybe both.. dissapointing, considering the fact I was hoping for better things for a talented team, that has alot more potential than they are showing..
lol...UK is STILL 5-1. They are STILL in the Top 20, and they have played a pretty tough schedule..And everybody knew the gauntlet of a schedule they had coming into the year...I predicted them to go 6-6, and it looks like they could be around 9-3, maybe 8-4..but I believe we'd all take a 9-3 or 8-4 football season at UK any year..I mean really people, this was a 3-8, 2-9, 4-8 program every year. They surprised some people last year and won 8 games. They could do that in the regular season this year! And people are still not satisfied. I swear, I thought us Alabama fans were bad, lol...yeah, they played very poorly against South Carolina, but South Carolina has beaten everybody but LSU this year, and played the Tigers very tough, losing by a deceptive 12 points..They held LSU to 28 points, like Florida did. So I wasnt looking for them to beat South Carolina..Yeah there are some tough games they MUST win. They have to beat either Georgia or Tennessee, and those are very winnable games..but enjoy the moment, and remember, your living during one of the best runs in UK football in 30 years...
yeah I completely agree with you..UK is right where they should be..I felt #8 was a little too high, but when everybody's getting beat, they have no choice but to move them up, lol..but I do think its garbage that they drop 9 spots for losing to the #11 team on the road. And USC drops 9 spots for losing at home to a team thats won 2 games in 2 1/2 years, not to mention a 41 point underdog, lol...thats what I was saying..Im not complaining about UK's ranking, but USC's isnt justified..
blackcat_student Wrote:I think this is a comfortable ranking for UK. I don't think UK was 8th best in the country and I think this 17th ranking fits them more. GBB!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol...UK is STILL 5-1. They are STILL in the Top 20, and they have played a pretty tough schedule..And everybody knew the gauntlet of a schedule they had coming into the year...I predicted them to go 6-6, and it looks like they could be around 9-3, maybe 8-4..but I believe we'd all take a 9-3 or 8-4 football season at UK any year..I mean really people, this was a 3-8, 2-9, 4-8 program every year. They surprised some people last year and won 8 games. They could do that in the regular season this year! And people are still not satisfied. I swear, I thought us Alabama fans were bad, lol...yeah, they played very poorly against South Carolina, but South Carolina has beaten everybody but LSU this year, and played the Tigers very tough, losing by a deceptive 12 points..They held LSU to 28 points, like Florida did. So I wasnt looking for them to beat South Carolina..Yeah there are some tough games they MUST win. They have to beat either Georgia or Tennessee, and those are very winnable games..but enjoy the moment, and remember, your living during one of the best runs in UK football in 30 years...

Good post. I was about to say the same things.
:rockon:
man I had great hope for UK this season. If it wasnt for Fumbling they would have beat South Carolina
TidesHoss32 Wrote:UK gets beat on the road against the #11 team in the country and drops 9 spots...USC gets beat at home by a 41 point underdog and drops 9 spots.....like Ive said, the media LOVES USC..Im surprised Notre Dame aint ranked yet..
i agree the media has kissed usc backside for years go big blue.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:UK gets beat on the road against the #11 team in the country and drops 9 spots...USC gets beat at home by a 41 point underdog and drops 9 spots.....like Ive said, the media LOVES USC..Im surprised Notre Dame aint ranked yet..

haha love this statement.
I just hope they don't ruin there chances at a bowl game! I personally don't see it happening but I hope it doesn't!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I just hope they don't ruin there chances at a bowl game! I personally don't see it happening but I hope it doesn't!

Six wins make a team bowl eligible...we'd have to really fall apart not to make that total. I'm pretty sure the folks at the Music City Bowl would LOVE to have UK back in stadium! Man, what a time in Nashville...a great city.
No doubt UK will get a bowl game I'm seeing a pretty good bowl game to, after we get our win over Fla, Tenn.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol...UK is STILL 5-1. They are STILL in the Top 20, and they have played a pretty tough schedule..And everybody knew the gauntlet of a schedule they had coming into the year...I predicted them to go 6-6, and it looks like they could be around 9-3, maybe 8-4..but I believe we'd all take a 9-3 or 8-4 football season at UK any year..I mean really people, this was a 3-8, 2-9, 4-8 program every year. They surprised some people last year and won 8 games. They could do that in the regular season this year! And people are still not satisfied. I swear, I thought us Alabama fans were bad, lol...yeah, they played very poorly against South Carolina, but South Carolina has beaten everybody but LSU this year, and played the Tigers very tough, losing by a deceptive 12 points..They held LSU to 28 points, like Florida did. So I wasnt looking for them to beat South Carolina..Yeah there are some tough games they MUST win. They have to beat either Georgia or Tennessee, and those are very winnable games..but enjoy the moment, and remember, your living during one of the best runs in UK football in 30 years...

Great post, Hoss! Despite the loss to South Carolina, the sky is not about to fall, UK is still a good team. Maybe even a great team, we will just have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

It's amazing how people can get so down on UK after one game. I wasn't surprised to see national poll voters kick us to the proverbial curb, after all, the name on our jersey doesn't say Southern Cal or Notre Dame. But our own fans? Come on, now. Even if UK loses both of these next two games to fall to 5-3, they will still go into the last 4 games with a good shot to win 3 of them and finish 8-4. Would anyone on here really be disappointed with a 8-4 season and a decent bowl game? I know I would be very happy with that.

Remember, UK has to play in the toughest division in football, the SEC East. Think about this: of the 6 teams in the East, 5 are ranked in the top 25! Throw in games with LSU and at Arkansas, and the Cats just don't get a break at all.
exactly...and dont forget the unranked SEC East team, Vanderbilt can play some football too. Remember, they beat Georgia too last year, and are no pushover for anybody..I'd take a 4-4 SEC record this year, lol...which would equal out to an 8-4 season..
More Cowbell Wrote:Great post, Hoss! Despite the loss to South Carolina, the sky is not about to fall, UK is still a good team. Maybe even a great team, we will just have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

It's amazing how people can get so down on UK after one game. I wasn't surprised to see national poll voters kick us to the proverbial curb, after all, the name on our jersey doesn't say Southern Cal or Notre Dame. But our own fans? Come on, now. Even if UK loses both of these next two games to fall to 5-3, they will still go into the last 4 games with a good shot to win 3 of them and finish 8-4. Would anyone on here really be disappointed with a 8-4 season and a decent bowl game? I know I would be very happy with that.

Remember, UK has to play in the toughest division in football, the SEC East. Think about this: of the 6 teams in the East, 5 are ranked in the top 25! Throw in games with LSU and at Arkansas, and the Cats just don't get a break at all.