Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Stanford 24 (1) USC 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stanford completes a 4th and 20 with 1:39 to go to get the first down inside the 10. Then complete a 4th and goal from the 10 for the TOUCHDOWN and the win!! Clutch play by Sophomore QB Pritchard in his first start.

USC out gained Stanford by more than double the amount of yards (458-235) but 5 turnovers (including 4 INTs) doomed the Trojans. Another big shakeup in the top 10 again this week.
WOW! This is the 2nd biggest upset of the season (1st App State over Mich) so far in the "Bowl Division."

Congrats Cardinal.
Wow Congrats Stanford.
I would think this is one of the biggest upsets in recent memory. Congrats to Stanford and their first year coach Jim Harbaugh.
wasnt stanford 0-5
Cards09 Wrote:wasnt stanford 0-5
1-3
WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!..now watch magically, USC will go 8-4, and somehow sneak into the national championship game..the media loves them some Trojans...I kinda hope they bounce back, because I want to see them get trucked by an SEC school in the championship game..congrats Jim Harbaugh and the Fighting Cardinal!
wooo hooooo
TidesHoss32 Wrote:WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!..now watch magically, USC will go 8-4, and somehow sneak into the national championship game..the media loves them some Trojans...I kinda hope they bounce back, because I want to see them get trucked by an SEC school in the championship game..congrats Jim Harbaugh and the Fighting Cardinal!

Probably won't be LSU, they aren't beating Florida, down 10 points 12 to go in the 4th.
Wow!
dropped faith a little to early bro, lol..Top 3 should look like this..
1/ LSU
2/ Ohio State
3/ Cal...thats how I'd have it anyways..Cal will be ranked second, but I think OSU is better..but LSU is easily the best team in the country.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Probably won't be LSU, they aren't beating Florida, down 10 points 12 to go in the 4th.
This will finally shut the media up about how USC should be number 1.
I think it was Corso saying its one of the biggest upsets now only of the season but in College Football history! Stanford's QB played an awesome game, he had only made 1 completion before last night. What a game it was congrats Stanford.

BlackcatFootball Wrote:WOW! This is the 2nd biggest upset of the season (1st App State over Mich) so far in the "Bowl Division."

Congrats Cardinal.
Glad to see someone finally puts USC were they belong, now all we need is for someone to beat USC on a blowout, to show that it wasn't luck. If they don't get beat anymore this season they will still make the championship game like always. since they are the best school in the nation. NOT
With Oregon,Arizona St, and Cal still on the schedule, Im sure this wont be the only L for the Trojans this year!
I can see Cal, and Oregon knocking them off, really don't see Arizona st. holding the light to them.
I love it, USC was overrated anyway, I'm just glad it finally showed on the scoreboard at the end of the game.

Incidentally, it wasn't the media who are being too nice to the Trojans this time, it's the coaches. In the rankings that came out today, USC was dropped to #10 in the AP, but only to #7 in the coaches' poll.

Let's try to figure this out. USC loses at home to a terrible team and they only drop 6 spots in the coaches' poll. UK loses on the road to a top 15 SEC rival, and they get dropped 10 spots. Makes a lot of sense.
that is exactly the point Im preaching in another thread, lol..but I hadnt even began to touch on the Coaches poll yet!!
More Cowbell Wrote:I love it, USC was overrated anyway, I'm just glad it finally showed on the scoreboard at the end of the game.

Incidentally, it wasn't the media who are being too nice to the Trojans this time, it's the coaches. In the rankings that came out today, USC was dropped to #10 in the AP, but only to #7 in the coaches' poll.

Let's try to figure this out. USC loses at home to a terrible team and they only drop 6 spots in the coaches' poll. UK loses on the road to a top 15 SEC rival, and they get dropped 10 spots. Makes a lot of sense.
that's sad that USC only got knocked back 9 spots in still ranked in the top 10 after getting beat by a nobody team, then UK getting knocked back to 17 after getting knocked off by one of the better teams in the country. Everyone must love USC.