Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP Rankings Class 4A 10/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AP Rankings Class 4A 10/18

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs 

1. Corbin (7) 8-0 106 1 
2. Boyle Co. (4) 7-1 102 2 
3. Johnson Central - 6-2 81 3 
4. Lex. Catholic - 6-2 76 4
5. Central - 6-3 70 5 
6. Letcher County Central - 6-1 54 7 
7. Franklin Co. - 5-3 43 8
8. Scott - 6-2 24 9
9. Spencer Co. - 5-3 18 
10 (tie) Logan Co. - 6-3 18 6

Others receiving votes: Holmes 4. Bourbon Co. 4. Hopkinsville 2. Rowan Co. 2. Warren East 1.
This week will tell a lot about 4a. Is letcher a top tier team or just a top ten team, who’s got the upper hand Franklin or central in the west.
I still think Louisville Central is better than Lexington Catholic and Franklin County is better than Letcher County
I don’t think to many people would argue against that. Case might be made for FC vs LEx Cath
wheres lincoln ..? this is one of their best team teams in years they’re loaded they should at least be top five
(10-19-2021, 11:50 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]wheres lincoln ..? this is one of their best team teams in years they’re loaded they should at least be top five
Lincoln's record is 3-6. They are definitely not a top 5 team in 4A. The fact that Corbin gave up over 400 yards of total offense to Lincoln County is the reason that I would rank Boyle County #1 for now. IMO, Lincoln County is not a top 10 team, although they definitely have some offensive talent.
(10-19-2021, 11:50 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: [ -> ]wheres lincoln ..? this is one of their best team teams in years they’re loaded they should at least be top five

You didn’t see them? I’ll invite you to our next game when we play them again and you can sit by me. You will love it!

By the way I would have had Lincoln as a 6-9 top 10 team if they would have been healthy all year. I noticed when they played Bell, Amon was out and that makes it a whole lot easier to key in on Davis.
Franklin should be 6., and I'd bet  on Lincoln County right now against any of the bottom 4  that are ranked in the top 10 or those receiving votes.
I thought Lincoln was a top 6-8 team before the season started but they just have too many bad losses. East Jessamine is terrible. They have one win and that's against Lincoln. They have not lived up to expectations at all.
(10-19-2021, 09:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Lincoln was a top 6-8 team before the season started but they just have too many bad losses.  East Jessamine is terrible.  They have one win and that's against Lincoln.  They have not lived up to expectations at all.

They've been plagued by injuries. They have a lot of talent.
(10-19-2021, 12:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

You didn’t see them? I’ll invite you to our next game when we play them again and you can sit by me. You will love it!

By the way I would have had Lincoln as a 6-9 top 10 team if they would have been healthy all year. I noticed when they played Bell,  Amon was out and that makes it a whole lot easier to key in on Davis.

He needs to come see how great Baker is playing at LB, really lighting it up this year.
(10-19-2021, 11:15 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

By the way I would have had Lincoln as a 6-9 top 10 team if they would have been healthy all year. I noticed when they played Bell,  Amon was out and that makes it a whole lot easier to key in on Davis.

He needs to come see how great Baker is playing at LB, really lighting it up this year.

I'm going to get him a red shirt with a C on it and he can sit right with me. Heck, its getting Hot chocolate time and I'll buy.
Boyle County is 1
People saying Boyle is #1 and getting a lot better defensively, discrediting Corbin for a close half with Lincoln. Two weeks ago Boyle beat lex cath by 6, 16-10. Same lex cath team that let #12 bourbon score 35 on them this past week.

Somebody told me that they had not practice for two weeks because of covid before they played bell plus they had a couple out also
(10-19-2021, 11:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2021, 11:15 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm going to get him a red shirt with a C on it and he can sit right with me. Heck, its getting Hot chocolate time and I'll buy.

I guess he don’t want no hot chocolate…

(10-20-2021, 12:20 AM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]People saying Boyle is #1 and getting a lot better defensively, discrediting Corbin for a close half with Lincoln. Two weeks ago Boyle beat lex cath by 6, 16-10. Same lex cath team that let #12 bourbon score 35 on them this past week.

It’s all poke and jab right now, the only common opponent that Corbin and Boyle have is Pulaski with close to the same results.  By the time Corbin and Boyle may play it’ll all come down to who can make the best plays with the least mistakes, both of these teams are capable of winning it all.  All the predictions and trash talk mean nothing right now and half the ones on here saying it probably haven’t even watched Boyle play, it’s just fodder for their appetite of Corbin hate…
Lexington Catholic is a top 4 team in 4A. They also stuck a sword through a helmet. That was good for 14 points. Corbin is in trouble.
(10-20-2021, 12:42 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Lexington Catholic is a top 4 team in 4A.  They also stuck a sword through a helmet. That was good for 14 points. Corbin is in trouble.

If you really believe that, then I think you should be a lot more worried about Lex Cath than Corbin since Boyle would play them way before they’d ever play Corbin in the playoffs.  We’ve got plenty of respect for Boyle and all kinds of respect and love for Haddix but your barking up the wrong tree here…