Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon County @ Boyle County 10/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Class 4A Bourbon County (4-4) will travel to Class 4A #2 Boyle County (4-4)

Bourbon County wins: East Jessamine 27-20, Harrison County 42-0, Knox Central 35-20, Anderson County 43-14
                      losses: Covid 0-1, Great Crossing 28-7, Ashland Blazer 53-14, Lexington Catholic 48-35

Boyle County wins: Tates Creek 31-6, Pulaski County 60-29, Henderson County 48-14, Bowling Green 31-0,
                             North Hardin 49-6, Lexington Catholic 16-10, Anderson County 56-0

losses: Lexington Christian Academy 35-28

Thoughts?
Rebels 56-0
Boyle County 56
Bourbon County 13
Boyle big.
Boyle 42
Bourbon County 21
Was the Bourbon Vs. Catholic game close or did Bourbon score a few against the JV in mop up time?

I watched Bourbon in a group of scrimmages earlier this year where they man handled Boyd Russell and Paintsville fairly easily, so the Ashland score is really confusing me here. They looked like a team that would have the best athletes on the field in most games they would play to me.

If the Catholic game really was back and forth like it looks, then I think Bourbon keeps it fairly close against Boyle as well.
(10-18-2021, 03:28 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: [ -> ]Was the Bourbon Vs. Catholic game close or did Bourbon score a few against the JV in mop up time?

I watched Bourbon in a group of scrimmages earlier this year where they man handled Boyd Russell and Paintsville fairly easily, so the Ashland score is really confusing me here.  They looked like a team that would have the best athletes on the field in most games they would play to me.

If the Catholic game really was back and forth like it looks, then I think Bourbon keeps it fairly close against Boyle as well.
I stood by the concession away from the rain and watch this game cause I wanted to see the hype on BC's athletes. This game was 21 or 28-7. BC had 2 big runs after a missed tackles by LC, a nice deep ball and a great catch by BC for a TD, but other than that, It was not close as the score indicates. I must say this for Boyle Co, watch yourselves. There were a few questionable hits, taunting, un-sportsman like "chippyness" and a blatant targeting call, which it was called. So stay healthy and keep your heads on a swivel. Boyle big
(10-18-2021, 03:28 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: [ -> ]Was the Bourbon Vs. Catholic game close or did Bourbon score a few against the JV in mop up time?

I watched Bourbon in a group of scrimmages earlier this year where they man handled Boyd Russell and Paintsville fairly easily, so the Ashland score is really confusing me here.  They looked like a team that would have the best athletes on the field in most games they would play to me.

Woah I don't think so.
(10-18-2021, 06:27 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

:woah: I don't think so.

I'd be surprised.
Boyle running clock!!!
Hopefully Boyle County puts a running clock on Bourbon County in the 1st half.
Boyle Big! I'm jumping ahead to next week when they play Frederick Douglass. If FD was to beat Boyle how far do you think Boyle will drop in the RPI? Would they be on the road 4th round of the playoffs?
(10-19-2021, 01:31 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle Big! I'm jumping ahead to next week when they play Frederick Douglass. If FD was to beat Boyle how far do you think Boyle will drop in the RPI? Would they be on the road 4th round of the playoffs?
Woah
(10-18-2021, 04:07 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

I stood by the concession away from the rain and watch this game cause I wanted to see the hype on BC's athletes. This game was 21 or 28-7. BC had 2 big runs after a missed tackles by LC, a nice deep ball and a great catch by BC for a TD, but other than that, It was not close as the score indicates. I must say this for Boyle Co, watch yourselves. There were a few questionable hits, taunting, un-sportsman like "chippyness" and a blatant targeting call, which it was called. So stay healthy and keep your heads on a swivel. Boyle big

How did BC's athletes compare to Catholics?

Like I said, I saw them early on in the scrimmages and I thought they had far superior athletes than Boyd, Russell, and Paintsville.
This one could get ugly in a hurry.
(10-19-2021, 10:42 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: [ -> ]

Like I said, I saw them early on in the scrimmages and I thought they had far superior athletes than Boyd, Russell, and Paintsville.
I tell you what, If we are comparing athleticism, without a doubt Bourbon is same level as LC and/ or Boyle. They are fast, quick and once they plant their foot, "house call". The problem I saw is (and this ain't a knock on the student- athletes, maybe it's the coaching, I'm not sure) but their negative body language spoke for itself.
Boyle County might take it easy on them. I'll say 56-0.
(10-19-2021, 02:11 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2021, 10:42 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: [ -> ]

I tell you what, If we are comparing athleticism, without a doubt Bourbon is same level as LC and/ or Boyle. They are fast, quick and once they plant their foot, "house call". The problem I saw is (and this ain't a knock on the student- athletes, maybe it's the coaching, I'm not sure) but their negative body language spoke for itself.

That makes sense to me, because what I saw early as far as just raw talent I thought they would really surprise some people, but football and especially at this level is so much a game of discipline.  One thing I did notice, and I would assume it's still the same is that they didn't have great numbers for 4a.  Some of those discipline issues could be a because of a disparity between starters and next guy up, I know from my days as a coach that it's really hard to hold guys accountable when the next guy up is not in the same ballpark talent wise.

Ohhh well, I really like David Jones the man and David Jones the coach, so I hope they can figure it out.
Is that the same David Jones of Darryl and David or whatever they are called? Or just a coincidence?
(10-19-2021, 02:29 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the same David Jones of Darryl and David or whatever they are called? Or just a coincidence?
 Its the same David Jones

Bourbon County is mediocre at best. This game will never be in doubt.
(10-19-2021, 12:32 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully Boyle County puts a running clock on Bourbon County in the 1st half.

They probably will.
(10-19-2021, 07:07 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2021, 01:31 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]Boyle Big! I'm jumping ahead to next week when they play Frederick Douglass. If FD was to beat Boyle how far do you think Boyle will drop in the RPI? Would they be on the road 4th round of the playoffs?
Woah

If Boyle did lose to FD their RPI would not drop much. If you know the formula, you can do the math.
(10-20-2021, 05:49 PM)back country Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2021, 07:07 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
Woah

If Boyle did lose to FD their RPI would not drop much. If you know the formula, you can do the math.

It will definately drop. Yes, we have done the math. All 1331 games lol.
Go Rebels
Bourbon wins 35-32
(10-20-2021, 10:42 PM)Show-stopper Wrote: [ -> ]Bourbon wins 35-32
If you had said this in august id laughed but this is a serious possibility, Boyle is in a dangerous spot everyone’s looking at the Freddy D game and bourbon has some athletes.

sober up.
(10-21-2021, 01:02 AM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]
If you had said this in august id laughed but this is a serious possibility, Boyle is in a dangerous spot everyone’s looking at the Freddy D game and bourbon has some athletes.

Just had a lady at work tell me Bourbon was out 9 starters for injuries this week. This may be a bloodbath early if that is the case.
"Boyle is in a dangerous spot"

That's arguably the funniest comment that's ever been posted on this site. Boyle wins this game by 50+ and it might be a running clock in the first quarter.
Pages: 1 2