Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Paintsville 10/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I expect a wild range of predictions for this one. Last year’s games were all time classics and Raceland has to feel confident going into this one. This is a game for Paintsville to remove all doubt that we are still a major player in 1A. Everything up to this point is basically meaningless. 

I don’t have a prediction other than both teams will play with pride and both will be sore Saturday morning. One of the best rivalries of the past decade for my money.
I look for both teams to give their best effort of the season in this game. Raceland still has a chip on their shoulder after getting knocked out of the playoffs last year in a close game by the Tigers and for Paintsville this is game that they feel like winning will earn them respect.

I think Raceland is the favorite this year but in this rivalry the favorite doesn’t always necessarily win. This is also part 1 in the rivalry and this game will determine who is at home when they will see each other in a few weeks. If the Rams defense can keep the Paintsville running game in check and take care of the ball on offense I like the Rams by 10 points.

Raceland 24
Paintsville 14
My Bobcats have played these two teams back to back weeks and this is what I’ve seen from both teams. Raceland I think is more physical and will best Paintsville up over the course of the game. But Paintsville in my opinion is much faster and their main guy Phelps no one can match his speed. So Paintsville may not get caught to get beat up. This will be a great game and one that I think comes down to the 4th quarter.
Great game always between these 2, hope my town covers it so I can watch it later. Throw all the other games out the window which they have played this year because this is the one these 2 teams look forward too. I think Raceland wins but I wouldn’t be surprised if Paintsville did. Good luck to both and hope it’s an injury free game for both.
Rams by eleventy billion!
(10-17-2021, 05:56 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Rams by eleventy billion!

Big Grin sounds good to me. 

Raceland 28
Paintsville 21
It will be closer to eleventy billion
(10-17-2021, 05:56 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Rams by eleventy billion!

I agree.  The Rams by eleventy billion.
If the RAMS can keep Phelps in check & not give up big plays, then they will win.
Raceland 28-14
(10-17-2021, 02:19 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Great game always between these 2, hope my town covers it so I can watch it later. Throw all the other games out the window which they have played this year because this is the one these 2 teams look forward too. I think Raceland wins but I wouldn’t be surprised if Paintsville did. Good luck to both and hope it’s an injury free game for both.
 Will the Around Paintsville website not cover this game? I doubt Paintsville would let My Town cover it @ Paintsville.
I think Raceland goes to Paintsville and wins. Paintsville is a tough place to play though. These two have had some good games in the last several years.
(10-17-2021, 10:41 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 02:19 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: [ -> ]Great game always between these 2, hope my town covers it so I can watch it later. Throw all the other games out the window which they have played this year because this is the one these 2 teams look forward too. I think Raceland wins but I wouldn’t be surprised if Paintsville did. Good luck to both and hope it’s an injury free game for both.
 Will the Around Paintsville website not cover this game? I doubt Paintsville would let My Town cover it @ Paintsville.

No, Paintsville has their own YouTube. Search Paintsville Media, That’s the name of the channel who does Paintsville games now.
The last couple years, Paintsville has been the better team. Paintsville isnt as strong upfront as they have been in yeara past, but I still however give them the edge in the power run game. That being said, the teams they have had problems with this year have been teams with really good team speed defensively. Racelqnd is another one of those teams. Phelps will have a few big plays, but I think Raceland has seen players like him before this season. Going to Paintsville is tough though. Your down 7 before getting off the bus, the Tigers always play well at home.

Rams 28
Tigers 14
(10-18-2021, 01:05 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 10:41 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]

No, Paintsville has their own YouTube. Search Paintsville Media, That’s the name of the channel who does Paintsville games now.
Thanks!
You are down 1-2 TD's when you pull in the parking lot at Paintsville. I think Raceland is better up front and the Rams will pull ahead in the second half.
Raceland 28
Paintsville 14
Paintsville pulls away in the 4th to win.  The Tigers are playing much better football right now.
(10-18-2021, 12:52 PM)BBN2021 Wrote: [ -> ]Paintsville pulls away in the 4th to win.  The Tigers are playing much better football right now.
Much better football as in Fairview and Betsy Layne. I'm going with Raceland in a tight one.
I can’t believe I’m picking Raceland could this be the year they make it to play Pikeville for the 1A Championship

Raceland 17
Painstville 10
I think Racelands balanced offense this year will be an issue for anyone in 1a . But the Rams defense is why they can play in Lexington in December . I like the Rams to pull away after Half and win 31-14
(10-18-2021, 05:46 PM)Ramfan02 Wrote: [ -> ]I think Racelands balanced offense this year will be an issue for anyone in 1a . But the Rams  defense is why they can play in Lexington in December . I like the Rams to pull away after Half and win 31-14
I don't think Raceland's offense will be a problem at all. In fact I don't think it's very good. But their defense has been excellent and if they shut Phelps down this week they could be a contender.
ELEVENTY BILLION
(10-18-2021, 10:53 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]ELEVENTY BILLION
Bring a huge sack of money to Paintsville and after I collect all the Hazard money at halftime at Hazard I will fly over to Paintsville and pick your money up.
Trying to get the sack of money back you lost against Hazard last year. Here we go again…..Putty tat fans counting their chickens before they hatch again
(10-18-2021, 11:10 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to get the sack of money back you lost against Hazard last year. Here we go again…..Putty tat fans counting their chickens before they hatch again
No they aren't. Plus I made a zillion on Pikeville's 5 championships and have collected for 50 straight years betting against Raceland. 
Bring cash I don't accept red white and blue cards.
You lost a lot on that 6th one you were going to get last year. See you in the title game.

If you get there
(10-18-2021, 11:23 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]You lost a lot on that 6th one you were going to get last year. See you in the title game.
^ I actually hope you are right. Raceland is the second best team IMO but the gap is large. Handle Paintsville first and then we'll talk.
(10-18-2021, 11:23 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]You lost a lot on that 6th one you were going to get last year. See you in the title game.

If you get there
I made big bucks in the Pikeville blowout at Raceland though. Still haven't spent it all.
Keep thinking the Gap is large. That’s how we like it. They don’t play the games on paper. On paper you running clock hazard last year. On the field…..not so much.
(10-18-2021, 11:28 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Keep thinking the Gap is large. That’s how we like it. They don’t play the games on paper. On paper you running clock hazard last year. On the field…..not so much.
Whatever you say o-fer
Pages: 1 2 3