Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Murray at Mayfield 10/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These two don’t like each other, at all! Who you like?
I like Mayfield.

Mayfield 35
Murray 16
I think I’ll go with 42-16
49-7 mayfield
(10-16-2021, 05:15 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]These two don’t like each other, at all! Who you like?
I don't like them either. lol
Redbirds 35-14
Mayfield gets another running clock game. Somewhere near 49-6.
Most likely another undefeated season, but winning another State Championship is questionable?
If Mayfield makes it to the state. I guess I will be setting on the mayfield side. Just for the record

Mayfield 56
Murray 10
(10-18-2021, 02:12 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]If Mayfield makes it to the state.  I guess I will be setting on the mayfield side.  Just for the record

Mayfield 56
Murray 10
If we make it, we’d love to have ya, we’ll need all the help we can get

(10-18-2021, 12:21 PM)blue55 Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely another undefeated season, but winning another State Championship is questionable?
I think it’s gonna be real hard for the cardinals to win it all, not saying impossible, but the stars would have to line up for them. IF, the season works out as most think, including myself, mayfield will have to beat beechwood and then LCA to win it all. That’s a tall order, heck, that’s a tall order for most schools in this state despite class.
(10-18-2021, 06:47 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2021, 02:12 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]If Mayfield makes it to the state.  I guess I will be setting on the mayfield side.  Just for the record

Mayfield 56
Murray 10
If we make it, we’d love to have ya, we’ll need all the help we can get

(10-18-2021, 12:21 PM)blue55 Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely another undefeated season, but winning another State Championship is questionable?
I think it’s gonna be real hard for the cardinals to win it all, not saying impossible, but the stars would have to line up for them. IF, the season works out as most think, including myself, mayfield will have to beat beechwood and then LCA to win it all. That’s a tall order, heck, that’s a tall order for most schools in this state despite class.

I have to agree with this.
(10-17-2021, 09:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2021, 05:15 PM)rookie57 Wrote: [ -> ]These two don’t like each other, at all! Who you like?
Who cares pj dough boy go lay down somewhere!!!!
(10-20-2021, 03:02 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2021, 09:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
Who cares pj dough boy go lay down somewhere!!!!

I care little boy. Go freeze to the road.
The Cards have a really solid ball club, just not sure they can put back to back weeks against the kind of competition they'll face to win it all. Seems like recently, past few years, there's always that 1 team that really stands out. CAL, Danville, Somerset were terrific teams. Mayfield played with them, but, were a step or 2 behind those guys when all was said and done. This year there happens to be 2 of those teams and the Cards would most likely have to go through both. Not sure how many teams, regardless of class, could pull that off. Not more than a handful, i'd bet. I could see them pulling off 1, but, not likely both. They'll be an underdog in both.
If Mayfield can't win the State this year with the team they have, they may never win it again.
Like I said, Blue55, solid ball club, but, not one of there elite teams. I like that this team is balanced offensively, just not as explosive as some past teams. They have 2 or 3 solid backs that can move the chains and a couple of nice WRs with some really nice speed. Cartwright, at QB, has improved a ton from last year, but, not as accurate or the arm strength as the past few QBs. I expect him to continue getting better and be a handful the next couple of years. Special teams, punting and kicking, not as strong as usual. Defensively, they're solid upfront and fundamentally sound. The DBs will get right in your face and break up a lot of balls, but, they lack much height, meaning teams with taller, rangier WRs, can give them trouble. Depending on matchups, this team can be a handful or suspect. The one thing you can always count on is they'll be well prepared and take advantage where they have it. Coach Morris will make sure of that.
(10-21-2021, 03:01 PM)blue55 Wrote: [ -> ]If Mayfield can't win the State this year with the team they have, they may never win it again.
Bull hockey
(10-21-2021, 01:37 PM)Red and Black Attack Wrote: [ -> ]The Cards have a really solid ball club, just not sure they can put back to back weeks against the kind of competition they'll face to win it all. Seems like recently, past few years, there's always that 1 team that really stands out. CAL, Danville, Somerset were terrific teams. Mayfield played with them, but, were a step or 2 behind those guys when all was said and done. This year there happens to be 2 of those teams and the Cards would most likely have to go through both. Not sure how many teams, regardless of class, could pull that off.  Not more than a handful, i'd bet. I could see them pulling off 1, but, not likely both. They'll be an underdog in both.

Mayfield almost always has a shot at winning it all, but what has happened to them that they seem slightly down, compared to just a few years ago?
Game Day!
PJ, they aren't down. Still going strong actually. They had an outstanding run a few years back, but, even then, lost some championships. They're still making regular runs to the title game, so, not sure how that could be construed as being down. Just ran into some Damn good teams lately. Some years the talent level is better than others, mainly in the trenches. They always have above average skill players, but, when Mayfield's interior line play is strong and experienced, those are the years they're taking home trophies.
(10-22-2021, 10:53 AM)Red and Black Attack Wrote: [ -> ]PJ, they aren't down. Still going strong actually. They had an outstanding run a few years back, but, even then, lost some championships. They're still making regular runs to the title game, so, not sure how that could be construed as being down. Just ran into some Damn good teams lately. Some years the talent level is better than others, mainly in the trenches. They always have above average skill players, but, when Mayfield's interior line play is strong and experienced, those are the years they're taking home trophies.

They used to seem to be the damn good team that nobody could beat more often than they are now. I said slightly Smile
There's a possibility 2a will get a lot tougher with the next alignment. Belfry may be moving down and Pikeville may be moving up. I'm sure there's a couple of others that could affect the landscape, as well.
(10-22-2021, 12:17 PM)Red and Black Attack Wrote: [ -> ]There's a possibility 2a will get a lot tougher with the next alignment. Belfry may be moving down and Pikeville may be moving up. I'm sure there's a couple of others that could affect the landscape, as well.

it could really be tough and have almost all good teams. Danville, Middlesboro, Somerset mixed in there, several teams could have a real shot at winning a very competitive 2A. Would that make 3A even more wide open that is now though?
Mayfield 49-6
*UPDATE*
Halftime.

#3 Mayfield 14
#9 Murray 13
(10-22-2021, 10:08 PM)nemo Wrote: [ -> ]*UPDATE*
Halftime.

#3 Mayfield 14
#9 Murray 13
Rut-Row-Raggy!  Mayfield falls to Murray.  Let the RPI gods rejoice!