Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bath County 21 Prestonsburg 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heartbreaking loss for the Blackcats and a huge victory for Bath County.

This loss ultimately means Prestonsburg is out of the playoffs, as this will move them to 5th in the district.

AA District 8 seeding as of tonight:
1. West Carter
2. Martin County
3. Shelby Valley
4. Bath County
5. Prestonsburg
6. East Ridge
Changes have to be made if Pburg ever returns to its former glory. Not only will they miss the playoffs, but had they played this year, Betsy Layne would've beat them for the first time in 30 some years.
Way to go Bath County!
Heard both teams had a player ejected? Any truth?
Congratulations Bath Co. Martin Co. can name the score for next week. I don’t see things changing for the Blackcats without a strong examination of off season conditioning, mental preparation, and offensive and defensive schemes. Just another heartbroken Blackcats for life.
Hate it for the Blackcats. I don't know the coach but it doesn't seem like much progress is being made. 3 years in and still not making the playoffs. Is the talent there to be more competitive in the district? Prestonsburg used to be a top 3 team in this area but now they can't even finish top 3 in their own district. What do Blackcat fans feel needs to happen for that to change?
Did Jarvis play last night? I wasn't able to watch the game but I heard that he was injured in last weeks game. If he sat then that's likely the reason we lost. It's hard to win when you lose your best player.

I don't think Brewer is doing a bad job, but I do think that if he doesn't get the team stronger and faster this off season and make some coaching changes on defense then we will see the same results next year. It was about as bad of a defense as I've seen at Pburg this year and they don't seem to have improved all year, they might have got worse as the season progressed, even. I think there's at least enough talent on this team to make the playoffs. Another disappointing season in north Floyd County. I hate it for those players because you could tell that they were excited to play football this year and really played hard, for the most part, this year. I hope they keep that fire going into the off season and let the disappointment fuel their desire to get better.
Never thought we'd reach a time where Prestonsburg doesn't even make the playoffs.

Sad music on Q95 all day today.
(10-16-2021, 10:36 AM)CardinalAlum Wrote: [ -> ]Heard both teams had a player ejected? Any truth?
Prestonsburg QB/S Alex Harris was ejected and by rule will be suspended next week against Martin Co.
I thought the BlackCats were finally climbing out of the hole.
They should send Bath County players and coaches free tickets to the Christmas Lights at Archer Park.