Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 42 Lawrence County 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lookout 3A... Belfry is coming.
Wow! Thought LC was better than that, I really did. Like I said in another thread, Belfry may be down but they still own their District looks like, and that in itself will get them a couple rounds deep into the 3A playoffs. After that, who knows...
Lawrence County’s best team☺️ all week.
Lawrence had a good record beating bad teams and got exposed tonight. Congrats to Belfry.
Way to go Pirates!
Belfry O-line opened huge holes all night and Dixion exploded through them
Facts are, if you switch the schedules for each of these teams, Belfry is likely undefeated and Lawrence is likely 2-5.

Can't just look at wins/losses and let that be how you judge a team.
Belfry was just the better team. Thought they would win in close game turned out 4TD gap. I said it in earlier post by each teams schedule Belfry was much better prepared team and it showed tonight. This match up should happen again in 2nd round of playoffs at Belfy
You play cupcakes all year this is what happens against a good opponent!!!!
Hopefully no cheap shots in the next game. Don’t want to see any of these kids get hurt
No way this is the best LC team in the last 20 years. Finally played a good team and got exposed. I told people if you switch these teams schedules then they would switch records also. Good thing for LC is they will get another chance in 3 weeks to prove this was a fluke. I don't think it was. I predicted Belfry 28-14 but 4 td it was clear Belfry was the much better team.
Well its official, Belfry will never lose this district. Good try dawgs.
?

Shhhhhhh

Don’t talk so much next time......
Congratulations to Belfry
Go Big Red, I had a feeling they would make a statement after the buy week and everyone got healthy.
Maybe one day people will learn to not count out a Philip Haywood coached team before the season is over. 0-5 start means nothing now.
Congratulations Belfry!!!!
(10-16-2021, 12:27 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe one day people will learn to not count out a Philip Haywood coached team before the season is over. 0-5 start means nothing now.

The worst part is it is normally people wearing Belfry sweatshirts that scream the loudest. If I was a Belfry fan I’d never say a single bad thing about their football program. 

And as far as Lawrence County. If they didn’t beat belfry this year they probably never will.
(10-15-2021, 11:29 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]No way this is the best LC team in the last 20 years. Finally played a good team and got exposed. I told people if you switch these teams schedules then they would switch records also. Good thing for LC is they will get another chance in 3 weeks to prove this was a fluke. I don't think it was. I predicted Belfry 28-14 but 4 td it was clear Belfry was the much better team.
Things will not change in 3 weeks
Ouch. I knew Belfry would win but didn't expect it to be like this.
Congrats Pirates. How many district games in a row has Belfry won and how many district championships in a row have they won now?
(10-16-2021, 07:01 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Pirates.  How many district games in a row has Belfry won and how many district championships in a row have they won now?
Not sure how many in a row but the last loss to my knowledge was 2010 when Belfry lost at Sheldon Clark. There was a 3 way tie between Pike Central Belfry and Sheldon Clark. SC won the tie breaker. But Belfry would go on to win in the playoffs and make it all the way to the state finals that year. That was the 1st year of 7 straight trips to the finals.
Congrats to Belfry..Can't expect a Phillip Haywood team to be down long.
Congrats to Belfry on the win!
Serious question. From a LC fan perspective, what went wrong for LC? Did they play bad? Belfry a little bit better than they thought? What has to change when they play again in 3 weeks?
Weak schedules are smoke and mirrors. Great job Pirates and Pikeville thanks you for the help in the RPI!
I think them not wrapping up was the biggest thing. They got away from their strengths and did things that they had not done all year which you have to give credit to Belfry for forcing them to do those things. I think Belfry played exactly the way we expected them to play. That isn’t new to us, it’s what is expected when you play them. We know how good they are.
Wow, I thought LC had a good shot at this one. Crow doesn't taste very good. Does anybody know the worst record for a state championship team in KY history? I'd be interested to know that fact now. Congrats Pirates, keep it up!
Take aways from this game. Belfry is better than they are getting credit for. Lawrence county is not a bad team but their schedule got them an early season ranking but no district title. Belfry will be King of this district for foreseeable future.
Suggestions for Lawrence going forward take this game as a lesson you should be back at Belfry in a few weeks. Find a way to get #2 the ball some more. Expect Belfry to be even a little better and prepared as they play JC to end season. Next year pick up Pikeville again and maybe Letcher Central or reach out to an LCA get prepared for district run RPI doesn’t kick in till 3rd week of playoffs and you have to make it there for it to matter.
Very well said! We all know how Belfry is, I really don’t think that surprised any of us. I don’t think Lawrence played to their capability but when you give a good team short fields to work with then it’s going to be a long night. I like the fact of going for it but if you don’t get it and then turn the ball over on downs on your side of the field then it’s a recipe for a loss. Lawrence isn’t bad at all, they will keep improving.
Pages: 1 2