Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central vs Middlesboro??????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, the other thread was shutdown because things were getting out of hand.  Let's they this again.  Please, don't make things personal.  Granny Bear, Spud, and I will be monitoring things closely.  Let's have fun without all the hostility and personal attacks.
I was told from someone close to Letcher’s program that they reached out but Middlesboro wasn’t interested.
Isn’t looking good.
They absolutely did reach out to Middlesboro and got turned down. I thought for sure that Middlesboro would take this game because they will be 21 days without a game by the time they play next week. It’s a shame these kids are missing a game.
I don't blame Coach French. The Jackets have had it rough for the last few years and the program is coming back to prominence. I think an undefeated regular season would be a big boost to the program( I don't know who they have left on their schedule). I'd say French is playing for a perfect regular season and to carry the momentum into the playoffs. If they played Letcher and lost by a big margin it could put a bit of a damper on things going forward. Even if the Jackets win , people talk about how LCC was a pretender and undeserving of their ranking. A lot more to lose than to gain for Middlesboro. The Jackets don't need to play this game. They can always schedule this game next season. Go Jackets!!!!
Give Corbin a call next year!!!
(10-14-2021, 06:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame Coach French. The Jackets have had it rough for the last few years and the program is coming back to prominence. I think an undefeated regular season would be a big boost to the program( I don't know who they have left on their schedule). I'd say French is playing for a perfect regular season and to carry the momentum into the playoffs. If they played Letcher and lost by a big margin it could put a bit of a damper on things going forward. Even if the Jackets win , people talk about how LCC was a pretender and undeserving of their ranking. A lot more to lose than to gain for Middlesboro. The Jackets don't need to play this game.  They can always schedule this game next season.  Go Jackets!!!!

Exactly right. Middlesboro has nothing to gain from playing this game What is this? Coach French's 3rd year there? and could have an undefeated regular season. He's a great coach and ahead of schedule on bringing that program back. They are not supposed to be a powerhouse yet. I'm sure he will have a tougher schedule in the future.
(10-15-2021, 12:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2021, 06:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame Coach French. The Jackets have had it rough for the last few years and the program is coming back to prominence. I think an undefeated regular season would be a big boost to the program( I don't know who they have left on their schedule). I'd say French is playing for a perfect regular season and to carry the momentum into the playoffs. If they played Letcher and lost by a big margin it could put a bit of a damper on things going forward. Even if the Jackets win , people talk about how LCC was a pretender and undeserving of their ranking. A lot more to lose than to gain for Middlesboro. The Jackets don't need to play this game.  They can always schedule this game next season.  Go Jackets!!!!

Exactly right. Middlesboro has nothing to gain from playing this game What is this? Coach French's 3rd year there? and could have an undefeated regular season. He's a great coach and ahead of schedule on bringing that program back. They are not supposed to be a powerhouse yet. I'm sure he will have a tougher schedule in the future.
Not unless they want to get better.
(10-15-2021, 01:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

Letchers kids just wanted to play this week. I think it’s crazy that a team would rather go 21 days without playing than to play a game against a team they are rated higher than in the RPI. Keeping a undefeated record gets you nothing in high school football. Letcher could have been undefeated at this point to but they took a game with Pikeville instead of a forfeit from Pike Central. Believe it or not getting beat like that helped this team.
(10-15-2021, 02:29 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]

Letchers kids just wanted to play this week. I think it’s crazy that a team would rather go 21 days without playing than to play a game against a team they are rated higher than in the RPI. Keeping a undefeated record gets you nothing in high school football. Letcher could have been undefeated at this point to but they took a game with Pikeville instead of a forfeit from Pike Central. Believe it or not getting beat like that helped this team.
That's how fake good record teams roll. Middlesboro should be trying to get better for the playoffs but their fake good record is more important. They are cheating their own kids and the inevitable is coming - getting destroyed when they finally face a good team. So sit at the house and enjoy that record everyone knows is fake...

They are still building and probably not gonna get much better this season. You have a little brown on your nose.
(10-15-2021, 07:31 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

They are still building and probably not gonna get much better this season. You have a little brown on your nose.
They are not building if they are sitting at the house when they could be playing.

Lolololololol
(10-15-2021, 07:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

They are not building if they are sitting at the house when they could be playing.

Maybe you can teach French how to coach the game.lol
(10-15-2021, 07:35 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2021, 12:02 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly right. Middlesboro has nothing to gain from playing this game What is this? Coach French's 3rd year there? and could have an undefeated regular season. He's a great coach and ahead of schedule on bringing that program back. They are not supposed to be a powerhouse yet. I'm sure he will have a tougher schedule in the future.

What game? They chose to stay at the house.
(10-15-2021, 07:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2021, 01:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Not unless they want to get better.

I like a different kind of cougar than you do.
(10-15-2021, 07:36 PM)I’m jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2021, 01:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Not unless they want to get better.

They’ll regret it when breathitt pulls together and upsets them in the 2nd round. Records don’t matter anymore it’s all about who you play and what teams that they play. These kids are loosing their year because teams won’t pick up a game because of this RPI crap and this goes across the whole state with teams turning down games because of the RPI
^^^Not just RPI Middlesboro doesn't want to get the crap beat out of them. They want everyone to think they are undefeated.
(10-16-2021, 01:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Not just RPI Middlesboro doesn't want to get the crap beat out of them. They want everyone to think they are undefeated.
Totally agree
(10-16-2021, 01:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Not just RPI Middlesboro doesn't want to get the crap beat out of them. They want everyone to think they are undefeated.

Maybe you kittens can console each other until Middlesboro decides to play again.
(10-16-2021, 04:12 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe you kittens can console each other until Middlesboro decides to play again.
1-7
Does Letcher have a game this Friday? Lord I hope so…
(10-16-2021, 06:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Does Letcher have a game this Friday?  Lord I hope so…

They'll really be whining when Johnson Central smokes that hind end.
(10-16-2021, 04:05 PM)Wideout1990 Wrote: [ -> ]

1-7

blown out by a 1A at home and crying because a 2A won't play.
(10-16-2021, 06:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2021, 06:08 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]Does Letcher have a game this Friday?  Lord I hope so…

Big Grin

(10-16-2021, 06:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

1-7

Wink  Big Grin

I come care less who you think I cheer for lol. I just get on here to make people mad just like you do and just having fun doing so  Smile Johnson will whip Letcher tho

1-7

Didn’t Whitley lose to Perry Central.?
(10-16-2021, 06:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

1-7

Wink  Big Grin
LCC would put a running clock on Middlesboro and anyone who has seen both teams play knows it.
(10-17-2021, 12:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2021, 06:21 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

(10-16-2021, 04:12 AM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you kittens can console each other until Middlesboro decides to play again.
1-7

Wink  Big Grin
LCC would put a running clock on Middlesboro and anyone who has seen both teams play knows it.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(10-13-2021, 11:20 PM)Doctor J Wrote: [ -> ]I was told from someone close to Letcher’s program that they reached out but Middlesboro wasn’t interested.
I'm a Middlesboro fan and I know people inside the program and u was told they weren't interested in playing anyone.  Was not given a reason, but IMO it was because they were afraid of losing to someone, game wasn't easy enough

Freach has done a good job here, this team is 8-0 and good job for that...BUT Hazard and Breathitt are the 2 best teams they have played and Breathitt dropped 3 in the hands td passes in that game...sucks for them but they did.  Boro didn't dominate them.  Shouldve lost to Hazard as well

Ive told people here they may not beat Breathitt again and even if they did LCA, Beechwood, Mayfield, or even Green Co will smoke us cause honestly our schedule really isn't great.  Middlesboro has a good team but our record is fools gold honestly.  2nd or 3rd round is as far as we will go.

I am a Middlesboro fan and I agree with this 100%.   I know people inside the program personally, they didn't say this to me but its what they were thinking.  I actually begged them to play someone, dont not play for 3 weeks etc.  They just blew me off.   I would say if an 0-8 team called we wouldve played.
I know nothing of Letcher Central honestly but if our folks believed they would kick our tails they wouldn't be interested and its a shame.  
With some of what I know I've lost some respect from my home school over this and I'm kinda off the bandwagon.
Pages: 1 2