Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thornsbury to pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rumors are Belfry standout has transferred to Pikeville. Talked to her father and these are false accusations and her father is in search of who started these accusations.  He said she is 100% PIRATE. DID THE GIRLS FROM TUG VALLEY EVER GET TO PIKEVILLE. GUESS THE PIKEVILLE PANTHERS FEEL THREATEN. BELFRY LADY PIRATES WILL BE TOUGH!! SEE YOU PANTHERS. GREAT WISHES!!!
Looks like you got some bad info. She enrolled today.
How does KHSAA rule this one?
(10-14-2021, 07:53 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you got some bad info. She enrolled today.
This will throw WH17 into a tailspin lol
Be interesting to see how they rule on this one. I think Thornsberry used the supplemental year. If she’s ruled eligible. Rest of 15th might as well play for second place.
(10-14-2021, 09:37 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]How does KHSAA rule this one?
As they have with all the others. SMH!  She will be ruled eligible. It would really surprise me if they don’t.
^^^If half the Pikeville girls softball team became eligible at JC, a girl from Pike County surely can attend Pikeville...
(10-14-2021, 10:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^If half the Pikeville girls softball team became eligible at JC, a girl from Pike County surely can attend Pikeville...
Agreed. But if she used supplemental year and Worrix not eligible then how can they allow her ?  KHSAA needs to find some type of consistency and actually stand by the rules in place
I don't have a problem with it. Everyone has to do what they feel is best. I just wonder what is the reason she left? Her dad was on the staff at Belfry. I'd say with Pikeville winning the region the last 3 years played a factor in it.
(10-15-2021, 10:41 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have a problem with it. Everyone has to do what they feel is best. I just wonder what is the reason she left? Her dad was on the staff at Belfry. I'd say with Pikeville winning the region the last 3 years played a factor in it.
As with most transfers it will be whatever KHSAA believes to be a good reason. Just curious where she fits in. She is used to having ball in her hands majority of the time but so is Trinity. So someone gets playing time cut and shots taken away. I’d say the Whited girl will be the one to sit more if she is eligible.
I do know that this takes Belfry from being a serious region title contender to probably have no chance of winning it. Pikeville should win it again this year with this addition. Pikeville has got 2 of the best girls basketball players from Belfry in the last 5 years in Thornsberry and Maynard. Something must be going on behind the scenes at Belfry.
(10-15-2021, 12:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I do know that this takes Belfry from being a serious region title contender to probably have no chance of winning it. Pikeville should win it again this year with this addition. Pikeville has got 2 of the best girls basketball players from Belfry in the last 5 years in Thornsberry and Maynard. Something must be going on behind the scenes at Belfry.
Just reached out to some Belfry people who said Maynard didn’t want to play with Ball who transferred from Mingo and Thornsbury had been threatening to leave since middle school but couldn’t keep them happy enough to stay. Only truth I know is they young lady is outstanding player and is now best player on Pikeville team and if eligible and chemistry is good they are 15th Region Champs again
(10-15-2021, 03:02 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2021, 12:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I do know that this takes Belfry from being a serious region title contender to probably have no chance of winning it. Pikeville should win it again this year with this addition. Pikeville has got 2 of the best girls basketball players from Belfry in the last 5 years in Thornsberry and Maynard. Something must be going on behind the scenes at Belfry.
Just reached out to some Belfry people who said Maynard didn’t want to play with Ball who transferred from Mingo and Thornsbury had been threatening to leave since middle school but couldn’t keep them happy enough to stay. Only truth I know is they young lady is outstanding player and is now best player on Pikeville team and if eligible and chemistry is good they are 15th Region Champs again
Maybe best maybe second best but who is counting. Waaaaay too much speculation on this thread. Pikeville will win the 15th regardless but is a serious contender for state championships if eligible. Pikeville was capable of beating any team in Rupp last year, the sky is the limit.
Good move for her!! people need to stop being so negative kids transfer all the time why’s it become such a big deal lately if this was your school you’d be happy.
(10-15-2021, 11:56 PM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]Good move for her!! people need to stop being so negative kids transfer all the time why’s it become such a big deal lately if this was your school you’d be happy.
Just watching her compete against Pikeville it looked like she really liked the Pikeville girls and they really liked her.
It's a shame pikevillr doesn't have enough talent in there system and they ho out and get transfers. Wonder how the parents whose kids won't get to play because of these transfers feel? Pikeville does it every year in every sport. KHSAA IS A JOKE.
$$$$$$$$$$$$
(10-27-2021, 08:18 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a shame pikevillr doesn't have enough talent in there system and they ho out and get transfers. Wonder how the parents whose kids won't get to play because of these transfers feel? Pikeville does it every year in every sport. KHSAA IS A JOKE.
$$$$$$$$$$$$
I don’t think they go out and get players they just don’t turn them away. No school would turn away a young lady as talented as she is. Now yes some one that was already on team loses playing time and parents will be but hurt over it as maybe should be. I would had like to see if she could have took Belfry to regional championship game which would have solidified her as best player in the region. Now it is champions or bust for Pikeville. We will see how it all unfolds for every team. Hope all play well and injury free and let’s all let them be KIDS.
Thornsbury will easily be the best player on Pikesville's team. They needed her to win this year.
(12-02-2021, 10:44 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]Thornsbury will easily be the best player on Pikesville's team. They needed her to win this year.

Not with Rowe on the team.
Both are great athletes and will bring a lot to the table. Girls don’t care as long as they win!
(12-02-2021, 10:44 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]Thornsbury will easily be the best player on Pikesville's team. They needed her to win this year.

No, she is easily the best player. This isnt hard. Thats why she is there. They needed her.
(12-04-2021, 01:07 AM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]

No, she is easily the best player. This isnt hard. Thats why she is there. They needed her.

Pikeville has won the region for the past three years. That wasn’t hard to look up on KHSAA either
Here is a better question. Did she change residences? Thats a simple yes or no question. And does Orem know this answer?
Here is what else is not hard to look up. 52-48 to a not-so-good Ashland team. Still waiting on the answers to the above questions.
(12-04-2021, 06:00 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a better question. Did she change residences? Thats a simple yes or no question. And does Orem know this answer?

I'm not a Pikeville fan. So really don't know the answer there.
(12-05-2021, 02:05 AM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]Here is what else is not hard to look up. 52-48 to a not-so-good Ashland team. Still waiting on the answers to the above questions.
Seem a little to worried about the question above! Not sure what it matters.
(12-05-2021, 02:29 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2021, 06:00 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a better question. Did she change residences? Thats a simple yes or no question. And does Orem know this answer?

Well, there is a little issue with that pesky Bylaw 6 from the KHSAA that could very well be in question......
(12-05-2021, 11:01 AM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2021, 02:29 AM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, there is a little issue with that pesky Bylaw 6 from the KHSAA that could very well be in question......

Keian Worrix won his ruling. She should be fine
Keians case and this case are two totally different cases. I am hearing there may be some big stuff coming down with this and the Pikeville coach also. To much smoke.
(12-07-2021, 01:16 PM)Dean of Dorton Wrote: [ -> ]Keians case and this case are two totally different cases. I am hearing there may be some big stuff coming down with this and the Pikeville coach also. To much smoke.
Exactly how is there to much smoke? Esp when kids from various regions have been doing this for years?
Pages: 1 2