Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My15th region top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. BELFRY
2. PIKEVILLE
3. PAINTSVILLE
4. EAST RIDGE
5. MARTIN COUNTY
6. BETSY LAYNE
7. PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
8. LAWRENCE COUNTY
9. MAGOFFIN COUNTY
10. SHELBY VALLEY
1. Pikeville
2. Belfry
3. Betsy Layne
4. Paintsville
5. East Ridge
Top 5 usual suspect, minus JC this season. Martin co just out of the top 5

1 Paintsville
2 Belfry
3 Betsy Layne
4 East Ridge
5 Pikeville
1. Paintsville- Defending Champs
2. Belfry - Added a few more players with size over the summer
3. Pikeville- Returns everyone and when Samons is healthy they could be really good. Don’t know about Warrix eligibility yet.
4. Betsy Layne- Same as Pikeville. Returns everyone and waiting on Frasure health status.
5. East Ridge- Lost Damron but returns their core. Fundamentally good team.
6. Jc - The addition of Rose is huge for them. McKenzie and Rice are a good backcourt.
7. MC - Dingess will be his normal self. He is why I have them this high. Got to see what his supporting cast gives him.
8. LC - Maynard and Adkins are a good duo. Should compete for the 58th crown
9. Valley- Losing Warrix hurt them. They have some good young players and one of the best coaches in the Region. Interesting to see how they play without Warrix leading the way
10. Pike Central - Ridgdon is a good player. Don’t know if Du’Toit went back to Tate’s creek or graduated. Lawrence is still there I think and the freshman Stewart is a nice young player. They still have some things to prove.
Paintsville
Pikeville
Belfry
East Ridge
Betsy Layne
Lawrence
Martin County
Johnson Central
Floyd Central
Magoffin
Pike Central no
(10-16-2021, 11:21 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: [ -> ]Top 5 usual suspect, minus JC this season. Martin co just out of the top 5

1 Paintsville
2 Belfry
3 Betsy Layne
4 East Ridge
5 Pikeville
Big Grin
1. Paintsville
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Johnson Central
5. East Ridge
6. Betsy Layne
7. Martin County
8. Magoffin County
9. Pike Co. Central
10. Lawrence County
(11-07-2021, 12:36 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2021, 11:21 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: [ -> ]Top 5 usual suspect, minus JC this season. Martin co just out of the top 5

1 Paintsville
2 Belfry
3 Betsy Layne
4 East Ridge
5 Pikeville
Big Grin
I know many don’t but I think Pikeville deserves to be in the top 5. They have a talented team. It’s a tough Region. Defending Champs (Paintsville) pretty much bring back the entire starting 5. Belfry pulled players from all over the globe so they’re loaded. Betsy Layne brought back the HOUSE as did a VERY good East Ridge team that SHOULD have been in the Regional finals game. Sheww! That’s a strong Region!
(11-23-2021, 03:26 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2021, 12:36 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

1 Paintsville
2 Belfry
3 Betsy Layne
4 East Ridge
5 Pikeville
Big Grin
I know many don’t but I think Pikeville deserves to be in the top 5. They have a talented team. It’s a tough Region. Defending Champs (Paintsville) pretty much bring back the entire starting 5. Belfry pulled players from all over the globe so they’re loaded. Betsy Layne brought back the HOUSE as did a VERY good East Ridge team that SHOULD have been in the Regional finals game. Sheww! That’s a strong Region!

I like Pikeville in top 5 also 
1.Pikeville
2.Pikeville 
3.PIKEVILLE 
4.Belfry 
5.Paintsville
(11-23-2021, 07:35 PM)Gold River Wrote: [ -> ]1.Pikeville
2.Pikeville 
3.PIKEVILLE 
4.Belfry 
5.Paintsville
Lol
UPDATE:
1. PIKEVILLE
2. PAINTSVILLE
3. EAST RIDGE
4. BELFRY
5. BETSY LAYNE
6. MARTIN COUNTY
7. PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
8. JOHNSON CENTRAL
9. LAWRENCE COUNTY
10. MAGOFFIN COUNTY
GO LUCK TO ALL TEAMS. THIS IS THE STRONGEST THE 15TH REGION WILL BE IN 10 YEARS.
(11-25-2021, 09:32 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE:
1. PIKEVILLE
2. PAINTSVILLE
3. EAST RIDGE
4. BELFRY
5. BETSY LAYNE
6. MARTIN COUNTY
7. PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
8. JOHNSON CENTRAL
9. LAWRENCE COUNTY
10. MAGOFFIN COUNTY
GO LUCK TO ALL TEAMS. THIS IS THE STRONGEST THE 15TH REGION WILL BE IN 10 YEARS.
Top 2 are solid. Head to head in February. Belfry to high right now. Betsy Layne beat them and Lawrence beat Perry who beat both Belfry and BL.
(11-25-2021, 04:10 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 09:32 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE:
1. PIKEVILLE
2. PAINTSVILLE
3. EAST RIDGE
4. BELFRY
5. BETSY LAYNE
6. MARTIN COUNTY
7. PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
8. JOHNSON CENTRAL
9. LAWRENCE COUNTY
10. MAGOFFIN COUNTY
Top 2 are solid. Head to head in February. Belfry to high right now. Betsy Layne beat them and Lawrence beat Perry who beat both Belfry and BL.

Belfry without Bol 
Betsy Layne without Mims and Frazier
Belfry was missing some kids who play football also.
After watching that panorama i am sold. Pikeville shot poorly and had two starters out (Manns and Sammons). I just want to see these 15th region back courts bring the ball up with Hall and Worrix pressing while having Walters, Manns, and Sammons in the front court. The Panthers play a crazy fast pace that most teams will not be able to counter. The defense was electric.
1. Pikeville - Two of the best guards in the region in Hall and Worrix.  Jarrell is gonna give them some good shooting and secondary ball handling.  Then you have Sammons, Manns, and Walters in the frontcourt, long athletes that are gonna give teams fits.

2. Paintsville - Bring back a lot from the team that won region last year so you know that they are gonna be very competitive.  The Fugate boys are legit.

3. Johnson Central - No explanation needed, its Johnson Central.  McKenzie always puts a competitive group on the court so I have no reason to think this year would be any different

4. Betsy Layne - Bringing back the same group that made it to the regional Semi-final last year.  If Robinson is the player they expect him to be they will be a hard out.  This groups success may come down to how healthy Jordan Frazier is coming off of the ACL tear.

5. Belfry - Has the talent and potential to be the best team in the region without a doubt.  2-3 really good guards who can take a game over and then one of the largest humans on the planet in the paint.  A lot of pressure on that coaching staff.

6. Lawrence County
7. East Ridge
8. Martin County
9. Pike County Central
10. Magoffin County
11. Floyd Central
12. Phelps
13. Prestonburg
14. Jenkins
(12-01-2021, 11:43 AM)The Scoop Wrote: [ -> ]1. Pikeville - Two of the best guards in the region in Hall and Worrix.  Jarrell is gonna give them some good shooting and secondary ball handling.  Then you have Sammons, Manns, and Walters in the frontcourt, long athletes that are gonna give teams fits.

2. Paintsville - Bring back a lot from the team that won region last year so you know that they are gonna be very competitive.  The Fugate boys are legit.

3. Johnson Central - No explanation needed, its Johnson Central.  McKenzie always puts a competitive group on the court so I have no reason to think this year would be any different

4. Betsy Layne - Bringing back the same group that made it to the regional Semi-final last year.  If Robinson is the player they expect him to be they will be a hard out.  This groups success may come down to how healthy Jordan Frazier is coming off of the ACL tear.

5. Belfry - Has the talent and potential to be the best team in the region without a doubt.  2-3 really good guards who can take a game over and then one of the largest humans on the planet in the paint.  A lot of pressure on that coaching staff.

6. Lawrence County
7. East Ridge
8. Martin County
9. Pike County Central
10. Magoffin County
11. Floyd Central
12. Phelps
13. Prestonburg
14. Jenkins
Somehow left out Shelby Valley!  I don't know much about what they are bringing back after losing Worrix but I would expect them to be around #8-9.
What's the deal at Shelby Valley?? They have who I consider the best coach in the 15th in Rodney Rowe, but what does he have to work with?? I would imagine they will be one of if not the most improved team in the 15th from now until tournament time which is the most important thing for any team!! The question is, will it be enough & will everyone else be playing their best ball?? I wonder if they they can sneak into the regional tournament....Will the Worrix kid be back this year or is he done for the season?? From what I hear the next 2-4 years will be far better years for Rowe & company.....Thx in advance to anyone who replies!! Godspeed my friends!!
(12-05-2021, 02:48 AM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: [ -> ]What's the deal at Shelby Valley?? They have who I consider the best coach in the 15th in Rodney Rowe, but what does he have to work with?? I would imagine they will be one of if not the most improved team in the 15th from now until tournament time which is the most important thing for any team!! The question is, will it be enough & will everyone else be playing their best ball?? I wonder if they they can sneak into the regional tournament....Will the Worrix kid be back this year or is he done for the season?? From what I hear the next 2-4 years will be far better years for Rowe & company.....Thx in advance to anyone who replies!! Godspeed my friends!!

I thought Worrix transferred to Pikeville. If you are hearing they have some young talent coming up through their feeder schools and also currently freshmen/sophomores then yes, with Rowe there coaching and developing, it will only be a matter of time before Shelby Valley is contending to win the 15th Region each season. They play in the Mountain Classic this week. They open against Knox Central and then will either play Breathitt County or Johnson Central so they will get a chance to develop against some of the top teams in the Mountains there. I give Coach Rowe a lot of credit for applying to play in that tournament. They may not win it, but playing good competition can only make a young, developing team better down the road and who knows, it may pay some dividends when the District Tournament rolls around.
(12-05-2021, 02:48 AM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: [ -> ]What's the deal at Shelby Valley?? They have who I consider the best coach in the 15th in Rodney Rowe, but what does he have to work with?? I would imagine they will be one of if not the most improved team in the 15th from now until tournament time which is the most important thing for any team!! The question is, will it be enough & will everyone else be playing their best ball?? I wonder if they they can sneak into the regional tournament....Will the Worrix kid be back this year or is he done for the season?? From what I hear the next 2-4 years will be far better years for Rowe & company.....Thx in advance to anyone who replies!! Godspeed my friends!!

Worrix transferred to Pikeville. SV will have a tough go in the 59th district, both ER and Pikeville are gonna be pretty good
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Betsy Layne
4. East Ridge
5. Belfry
6. Pike County Central
7. Martin County
8. Lawrence County
9. Magoffin County
10. Floyd Central
I still think Belfry will win the region.
(12-06-2021, 06:11 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Betsy Layne
4. East Ridge
5. Belfry
6. Pike County Central
7. Martin County
8. Lawrence County
9. Magoffin County
10. Floyd Central
Magoffin beat Pike Central!
(12-07-2021, 02:07 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2021, 06:11 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Betsy Layne
4. East Ridge
5. Belfry
6. Pike County Central
7. Martin County
8. Lawrence County
9. Magoffin County
10. Floyd Central
Magoffin beat Pike Central!
Also lost to Floyd Central.   With East Ridge and Belfry yet to play. It’s hard to do a top 10 without seeing everyone.  It’s easier in pre season but it’s week two now.  Around Christmas would be a good time to have the first in season top 10.