Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Facebook in Hot Water
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if we can get together on this one. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/05/1043377310/facebook-whistleblower-frances-haugen-congressman 

“Facebook is facing a historic crisis.

Revelations brought to light from whistleblower Frances Haugen, a former data scientist at Facebook, has led to what may be the most threatening scandal in the company's history.”
Haugen's lawyers have filed eight complaintswith the Securities and Exchange Commission focused on Facebook's public statements about issues including what Facebook knew about how organizers of the Jan. 6 Capitol siege used its platform; how effective it is as removing hate speech; and how Instagram makes body image issues worse.”

This whistleblower has divulged that Facebook doesn’t follow its own guidelines by propagating hate and allowing young users on its platform.  

How much can these social media companies get away with before they are regulated?
(10-06-2021, 12:46 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if we can get together on this one. 

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/05/1043377310/facebook-whistleblower-frances-haugen-congressman 

Revelations brought to light from whistleblower Frances Haugen, a former data scientist at Facebook, has led to what may be the most threatening scandal in the company's history.”
Haugen's lawyers have filed eight complaintswith the Securities and Exchange Commission focused on Facebook's public statements about issues including what Facebook knew about how organizers of the Jan. 6 Capitol siege used its platform; how effective it is as removing hate speech; and how Instagram makes body image issues worse.”

This whistleblower has divulged that Facebook doesn’t follow its own guidelines by propagating hate and allowing young users on its platform.  

How much can these social media companies get away with before they are regulated?
The fake "whistleblower" is a far-left Democrat operative that is ultimately trying to ban all conservative content, so no.
(10-06-2021, 04:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2021, 12:46 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if we can get together on this one. 

The fake "whistleblower" is a far-left Democrat operative that is ultimately trying to ban all conservative content, so no.
None of it ?  You’re all in for Zuckerberg on this one JP?
No, Zuckerberg wants radical Dems to make all the rules, which will end conservative speech on FB. Zuckerberg is a Dem operative as well so he is all for it. They aren't fooling anyone.
(10-06-2021, 05:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]No, Zuckerberg wants radical Dems to make all the rules, which will end conservative speech on FB. Zuckerberg is a Dem operative as well so he is all for it. They aren't fooling anyone.
You believe in faith healers and sky fairies. You are easily fooled, Jet.   Tongue
(10-06-2021, 05:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2021, 05:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]No, Zuckerberg wants radical Dems to make all the rules, which will end conservative speech on FB. Zuckerberg is a Dem operative as well so he is all for it. They aren't fooling anyone.
You believe in faith healers and sky fairies. You are easily fooled, Jet.   Tongue
Yeah, I believe in God 100%. You believe in a big bang that came from total nothingness end "evolved" into all this. And that's Jetson to you mister lol.
Well…
that’s not true because he was making money off of right wing hate speech.  Part of the scandal is Zuck and FB wouldn’t shut that down. 

also FB would have shut down the Russian trolls in 2016 if Zuckerberg was a dem operative.
^^^All lies. Anyone who thinks there is only right ring content on Facebook that is hate speech or misleading and not left wing is either a brainwashed fool or a very very bad liar. Russian trolls spent almost no money in 2016 and didn't move the needle. Meanwhile the fake dossier peddled by corrupt Dems and all the other lies were splattered all over the media for years. Zuckerberg is spending 100's of millions on Dem causes, evidently everyone knows this except you.
(10-06-2021, 06:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^All lies. Anyone who thinks there is only right ring content on Facebook that is hate speech or misleading and not left wing is either a brainwashed fool or a very very bad liar. Russian trolls spent almost no money in 2016 and didn't move the needle. Meanwhile the fake dossier peddled by corrupt Dems and all the other lies were splattered all over the media for years. Zuckerberg is spending 100's of millions on Dem causes, evidently everyone knows this except you.
There may be left wing hate speech on there and FB was making money on it.  Wait …what is left wing hate speech ? 

point being Zuck was willing to make money when his platform was used for hate and foreign adversaries to manipulate elections.  

This isn't only about politics. Facebook knows its products causes harm to its users young and old. Particularly girls and women.
(10-06-2021, 07:19 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2021, 06:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^All lies. Anyone who thinks there is only right ring content on Facebook that is hate speech or misleading and not left wing is either a brainwashed fool or a very very bad liar. Russian trolls spent almost no money in 2016 and didn't move the needle. Meanwhile the fake dossier peddled by corrupt Dems and all the other lies were splattered all over the media for years. Zuckerberg is spending 100's of millions on Dem causes, evidently everyone knows this except you.
There may be left wing hate speech on there and FB was making money on it.  Wait …what is left wing hate speech ? 

point being Zuck was willing to make money when his platform was used for hate and foreign adversaries to manipulate elections.  

This isn't only about politics. Facebook knows its products causes harm to its users young and old. Particularly girls and women.
FB is definitely a sewer that causes harm to people. But please direct me to anything where the fake "whistleblower" talks about the harm FB is causing girls and women or anyone else that she doesn't falsely try to pin on conservatives. No, she is a Dem political hack and it is all about politics.
(10-07-2021, 09:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

FB is definitely a sewer that causes harm to people. But please direct me to anything where the fake "whistleblower" talks about the harm FB is causing girls and women or anyone else that she doesn't falsely try to pin on conservatives. No, she is a Dem political hack and it is all about politics.
A good portion of here whistleblowing was about that. You could read the article I posted or you could watch the 60 minutes interview. 

You never did define left wing hate speech.
(10-07-2021, 09:57 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

A good portion of here whistleblowing was about that. You could read the article I posted or you could watch the 60 minutes interview. 

If you don't know what left wing hate speech is I can't teach you. I don't want to watch 60 minutes or read your fake article, just summarize for me what she said the damage FB was doing to harm people that is the fault of FB alone or liberal content on FB.
(10-07-2021, 11:09 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

If you don't know what left wing hate speech is I can't teach you. I don't want to watch 60 minutes or read your fake article, just summarize for me what she said the damage FB was doing to harm people that is the fault of FB alone or liberal content on FB.
I do not know what left wing hate speech is in the United States of America.  Please elaborate. 

Looks like to me you need to do some research. Not wasting my time summarizing, and you respond “blah blah blah liberal idiot.”
(10-07-2021, 11:53 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2021, 07:19 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]There may be left wing hate speech on there and FB was making money on it.  Wait …what is left wing hate speech ? 

I do not know what left wing hate speech is in the United States of America.  Please elaborate. 

Looks like to me you need to do some research. Not wasting my time summarizing, and you respond “blah blah blah liberal idiot.”
You can start with Critical Race Theory, which demonizes white people without regard to the behavior of individual people. Do a search for "Black Lives Matter" and you should have no problem finding left-wing hate speech. You will also find BLM members harassing white people doing nothing but trying to enjoy a meal in a restaurant. If you really have no idea what left-wing hate speech is, then you are the one who needs to do some research - but I believe that you know very well what left-wing hate speech is.
(10-07-2021, 12:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 09:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]FB is definitely a sewer that causes harm to people. But please direct me to anything where the fake "whistleblower" talks about the harm FB is causing girls and women or anyone else that she doesn't falsely try to pin on conservatives. No, she is a Dem political hack and it is all about politics.

You can start with Critical Race Theory, which demonizes white people without regard to the behavior of individual people. Do a search for "Black Lives Matter" and you should have no problem finding left-wing hate speech. You will also find BLM members harassing white people doing nothing but trying to enjoy a meal in a restaurant. If you really have no idea what left-wing hate speech is, then you are the one who needs to do some research - but I believe that you know very well what left-wing hate speech is.
CRT is hardly hate speech. It is a conservative boogeyman.  Funny thing about CRT is how many schools now have to discuss what it is because the conservative freakout. 

what did you say about the actions of individual people? 
I don’t doubt some BLM protestors have harassed people just as anti maskers and any other protester.  

But is there a real issue with hate speech against white people as you suggest? really?

are you participating in the same persecution fantasy that TRT is, Hoot?
(10-07-2021, 12:59 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 12:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 09:57 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]A good portion of here whistleblowing was about that. You could read the article I posted or you could watch the 60 minutes interview. 

CRT is hardly hate speech. It is a conservative boogeyman.  Funny thing about CRT is how many schools now have to discuss what it is because the conservative freakout. 

what did you say about the actions of individual people? 
I don’t doubt some BLM protestors have harassed people just as anti maskers and any other protester.  

But is there a real issue with hate speech against white people as you suggest? really?

are you participating in the same persecution fantasy that TRT is, Hoot?
Your assumption that white people are not being increasingly subjected to left-wing hate speech is another case of willful ignorance. There is no shortage of videos of large BLM groups harassing white diners but it is more convenient for you to play dumb and imply that there are just some isolated instances of individual BLM members doing the harassing. You are the one living in a fantasy world by choice.
(10-06-2021, 07:19 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]There may be left wing hate speech on there and FB was making money on it.  Wait …what is left wing hate speech ? 

I'm all ears, just provide one example. You can't. Quit wasting my time with anything other than just one example.