Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former aide says Trump told Putin at summit he was going to act tough for the cameras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

"With all the talk of sanctions against Russia for interfering in the 2016 election and for various human rights abuses, Trump told Putin, 'Okay, I'm going to act a little tougher with you for a few minutes. But it's for the cameras, and after they leave we'll talk. You understand,'"

Mr. Tough Guy. Rolleyes
You post this crap when we just got embarrassed by the Taliban and got our noses rubbed in it.
The far left propaganda never ends. And from the guys who have nothing bad to say about the current administration, which is a train wreck in every way possible. No credibility whatsoever.
(09-29-2021, 01:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]You post this crap when we just got embarrassed by the Taliban and got our noses rubbed in it.
The far left propaganda never ends. And from the guys who have nothing bad to say about the current administration, which is a train wreck in every way possible. No credibility whatsoever.
Do you believe the Taliban and Russia are equals on the world stage?  

nevermind…you probably do.
Our current president is too cowardly to hold a joint press conference with Putin and has trouble staying awake in his meetings with foreign heads of state. So, what do Democrats do? Bash Trump again more than 8 months after he left office. You do realize how transparent these efforts to distract attention away from Joe Biden's trainwreck of a presidency are, don't you?

I would be embarrassed if I had voted for Biden too.
(09-29-2021, 06:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Our current president is too cowardly to hold a joint press conference with Putin and has trouble staying awake in his meetings with foreign heads of state. So, what do Democrats do? Bash Trump again more than 8 months after he left office. You do realize how transparent these efforts to distract attention away from Joe Biden's trainwreck of a presidency are, don't you?

Why would he meet with an adversary that has disrupted our nation’s elections and safety over the past 20 years?  
Ronald Reagan would disown you people.
(09-29-2021, 06:40 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2021, 06:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Our current president is too cowardly to hold a joint press conference with Putin and has trouble staying awake in his meetings with foreign heads of state. So, what do Democrats do? Bash Trump again more than 8 months after he left office. You do realize how transparent these efforts to distract attention away from Joe Biden's trainwreck of a presidency are, don't you?

Why would he meet with an adversary that has disrupted our nation’s elections and safety over the past 20 years?  
To avoid looking like the coward that he is.

Ronald Reagan never ducked a joint press conference out of fear.
(09-29-2021, 06:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice try but Trump met with Putin how many times and Putin still did what he wanted.  Putin has embarrassed every American president on the world stage except Biden. I’m not saying it won’t happen. But Biden may have the right idea.  

Maybe not, but I’m certain he wouldn’t understand why you Republicans love Putin.
(09-30-2021, 10:44 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice try but Trump met with Putin how many times and Putin still did what he wanted.  Putin has embarrassed every American president on the world stage except Biden. I’m not saying it won’t happen. But Biden may have the right idea.  

Maybe not, but I’m certain he wouldn’t understand why you Republicans love Putin.
I don't love Putin but I admire the fact that he does not hide in his basement and does not run and hide from other world leaders. The truth is Biden has embarrassed this nation in brief joint appearances with both the heads of state of Israel and the UK. A joint press conference featuring Putin and our cowardly president would have been a PR disaster - but refusing to appear on the same stage as Putin was a national embarrassment.

I don't understand why you liberals cannot differentiate between a world leader and a coward who must read from a script. In his pre-dementia days, Biden would not have hesitated to appear in a joint press conference. He might have embarrassed himself and his country with a gaffe or two but he would not have run from the opportunity.

Videos of a younger Biden are widely available on the internet. Anybody who watches Biden speak 10 years ago and says that he is mentally fit for the job is not being honest.
(09-30-2021, 11:25 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't love Putin but I admire the fact that he does not hide in his basement and does not run and hide from other world leaders. The truth is Biden has embarrassed this nation in brief joint appearances with both the heads of state of Israel and the UK. A joint press conference featuring Putin and our cowardly president would have been a PR disaster - but refusing to appear on the same stage as Putin was a national embarrassment.

I don't understand why you liberals cannot differentiate between a world leader and a coward who must read from a script. In his pre-dementia days, Biden would not have hesitated to appear in a joint press conference. He might have embarrassed himself and his country with a gaffe or two but he would not have run from the opportunity.

Videos of a younger Biden are widely available on the internet. Anybody who watches Biden speak 10 years ago and says that he is mentally fit for the job is not being honest.
And Reagan just flipped another time in his grave.  “Admire” 

why would Putin hide? His operatives   got on oaf elected President of the world’s only superpower, convinced half of this nation a despot is what they need so much they support a violent insurrection by domestic terrorists essentially marring the shining light on the hill, and let’s not forget they spread pandemic disinformation crippling our country and its ability to recover.  

Hellfire, he should be strutting all
over the world.  

oh yeah didn’t he just win his 20th term by like 80%. Yeah right. 

you admire him?  On brand for sure.
(09-30-2021, 03:26 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2021, 06:40 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would he meet with an adversary that has disrupted our nation’s elections and safety over the past 20 years?  

why would Putin hide? His operatives   got on oaf elected President of the world’s only superpower, convinced half of this nation a despot is what they need so much they support a violent insurrection by domestic terrorists essentially marring the shining light on the hill, and let’s not forget they spread pandemic disinformation crippling our country and its ability to recover.  

over the world.  

Don't be that guy, Cardfan1. I admire Obama's ability to read from a teleprompter but that is about the only good thing that I have to say about him. Biden cannot even read a teleprompter. Admire is not a synonym for hero worship.

The main differences between Putin and the man for whom you voted are that he is intelligent, confident, articulate, and loyal to his own country and Biden is none of those things. One thing that the two men do have in common - both are autocrats for whom I would never vote.
(09-29-2021, 01:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]You post this crap when we just got embarrassed by the Taliban and got our noses rubbed in it.

I'm not  on the far left and voted a straight GOP ticket last fall, well, except in the Presidential race due to Trump disguising himself as a Republican.  I'm certain there are milllions of other Republicans who did the same thing.
(10-01-2021, 04:22 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not  on the far left and voted a straight GOP ticket last fall, well, except in the Presidential race due to Trump disguising himself as a Republican.  I'm certain there are milllions of other Republicans who did the same thing.
Sorry, I don't believe you. Nor will anyone else who reads your posts on here.
(10-01-2021, 04:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree with jetpilot. I can understand somebody not voting for Trump - I almost did so myself. I can understand some of Trump's antics disgusting a person, he has disgusted me at times. What I find very difficult to believe is that any Republican would find Trump's policies and actions as president far more objectionable than those of Joe Biden.

A true Republican, no matter how moderate, could not possibly do the nit-picking and smearing of Donald Trump that The Outsider has done without Joe Biden's behavior, policies, and actions being far more of a concern. Joe Biden is the current president and he is very clearly an existential threat to this nation. A man who can lose a war to a terrorist group over the course of a few days is certainly not capable of leading us through a war with China, Russia or both.

A true Republican, who simply despised Trump, would have found a potential 2024 presidential candidate to support. I do not recall a single positive post by The Outsider of any active Republican politician, except to support the ones who criticize Trump and those who voted to impeach him. Ron DeSantis has done an excellent job as Governor of Florida, but, correct me if I am wrong, The Outsider, you have not defended DeSantis against any of the many bogus allegations against him. Not one. There are many other viable Republican candidates, most of whom are too moderate for my tastes, but Ben Sasse, Nikki Haley, or Lindsey Graham would be a huge improvement over the corrupt, idiotic current president. A literate American chosen at random would likely be an improvement over Biden. So where is the criticism of Joe Biden, The Outsider?
^^^Where is the criticism of not only Biden, but any of the Democrats he "says" he voted against in 2020? Or anyone in the Biden administration that is a worldwide laughingstock and embarrassment?
(10-01-2021, 05:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^Where is the criticism of not only Biden, but any of the Democrats he "says" he voted against in 2020? Or anyone in the Biden administration that is a worldwide laughingstock and embarrassment?
Exactly. Even if I had voted for Joe Biden because of his claims of being a moderate, I would be criticizing him mercilessly for his record-shattering poor performance as the most liberal president in American history. I try to ignore what elected officials say and judge them on their actions and both Biden's actions and his inactions make him worthy of ridicule and scorn.
(09-30-2021, 04:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2021, 03:26 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2021, 06:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]To avoid looking like the coward that he is.

over the world.  

Don't be that guy, Cardfan1. I admire Obama's ability to read from a teleprompter but that is about the only good thing that I have to say about him. Biden cannot even read a teleprompter. Admire is not a synonym for hero worship.

The main differences between Putin and the man for whom you voted are that he is intelligent, confident, articulate, and loyal to his own country and Biden is none of those things. One thing that the two men do have in common - both are autocrats for whom I would never vote.
Nope here is the difference:  one is an American citizen and the other is a foreign adversary trying to destroy our nation by dividing it.  

and of course you are salivating over the guy who wants to destroy our democracy.  You went further than admire in this post. My gosh!
^^ Liberals straining at gnats and swallowing camels. The video shows Obama telling President Medvedev to "Tell Vladimir to wait until after the election"

Even if Trump did tell Putin he was going to play for the cameras that hardly compares to what good old Obama got away with. AFWIW, Obama was true to his word to Medvedev. Putin ran over Ukraine and Obama welched on the Budapest Memorandum. Meanwhile that sweetheart Hillary got rather cozy with Russia herself and if reporting has it correctly, Russia was put in a custodial position over US Uranium stores.

When Trump came to power Putin darn well knew the jig was up. If Trump did play Putin at the Summit, and I'm sure he did,  all that means is Putin got owned. One thing is sure, the libs on this board ignore their own eyes every time the Romper Room heroes get snookered by tricky statesmen such as the Taliban, :rolleyes: and they believe whatever the DNC tells them to.
(10-01-2021, 10:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]^^ Liberals straining at gnats and swallowing camels. The video shows Obama telling President Medvedev to "Tell Vladimir to wait until after the election"

Even if Trump did tell Putin he was going to play for the cameras that hardly compares to what good old Obama got away with. AFWIW, Obama was true to his word to Medvedev. Putin ran over Ukraine and Obama welched on the Budapest Memorandum. Meanwhile that sweetheart Hillary got rather cozy with Russia herself and if reporting has it correctly, Russia was put in a custodial position over US Uranium stores.

When Trump came to power Putin darn well knew the jig was up. If Trump did play Putin at the Summit, and I'm sure he did,  all that means is Putin got owned. One thing is sure, the libs on this board ignore their own eyes every time the Romper Room heroes get snookered by tricky statesmen such as the Taliban, Rolleyes and they believe whatever the DNC tells them to.
Big Grin 
Putin thought the jig with was up with guy he helped elect. Big Grin 

Yeah Putin knew the jig was up when Trump removed sanctions imposed over their invasion of Crimea and meddling in our election.  

Or did Putin know the jig was up when  Trump alienated NATO allies or when he pulled out of Syria knowing Russia and Iran would fill the vacuum? 

I bet he was really shaking after  Trump’s limp response to:
Russian bounties on American troops and 
russian cyber attacks.  

There is a laundry list of instances where Trump showed his Orange belly to Putin.  To suggest Trump had it under control is laughable. 

Putin has embarrassed the last 3 Presidents.  He may embarass Biden yet, but Biden won’t be alone.  

but what is sick is Republicans are cheering for Putin.  Are you TRT?  Is your partisanship stronger than your patriotism?
CF thinks our problems in this country have to do with Putin. He is nothing more than a comedy act at this point.
(10-01-2021, 11:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 10:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]^^ Liberals straining at gnats and swallowing camels. The video shows Obama telling President Medvedev to "Tell Vladimir to wait until after the election"

When Trump came to power Putin darn well knew the jig was up. If Trump did play Putin at the Summit, and I'm sure he did,  all that means is Putin got owned. One thing is sure, the libs on this board ignore their own eyes every time the Romper Room heroes get snookered by tricky statesmen such as the Taliban, Rolleyes and they believe whatever the DNC tells them to.
Big Grin 
Putin thought the jig with was up with guy he helped elect. Big Grin 

Yeah Putin knew the jig was up when Trump removed sanctions imposed over their invasion of Crimea and meddling in our election.  

Or did Putin know the jig was up when  Trump alienated NATO allies or when he pulled out of Syria knowing Russia and Iran would fill the vacuum? 

I bet he was really shaking after  Trump’s limp response to:
Russian bounties on American troops and 
russian cyber attacks.  

There is a laundry list of instances where Trump showed his Orange belly to Putin.  To suggest Trump had it under control is laughable. 

Putin has embarrassed the last 3 Presidents.  He may embarass Biden yet, but Biden won’t be alone.  

but what is sick is Republicans are cheering for Putin.  Are you TRT?  Is your partisanship stronger than your patriotism?
^^ Total dodge of the undeniable video I posted by the consummate BGR liar.

You are a very good liar. You remember your talking points very well and you stick to them. Trump bombed Shayrat Airbase. Trump strengthened NATO. Trump pressured European nations who thought to do business with Putin on natural gas. "Mike Pompeo, the head of President Donald Trump's CIA and his nominee for secretary of state, just confirmed that the US killed hundreds of Russians in an intense battle in Syria in February." https://www.businessinsider.com/us-milit...rms-2018-4

What is sick is Democrats like yourself, who lie about people like me to say we cheer for Putin which of course, you'd never do to my face.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

We still don't know why a Trump server has mysterious connections to a Russian bank, despite a DOJ indictment.

Maybe this is why Trump treated Putin with such respect.
Only hogs return to the hog trough every day to satisfy their hunger there Outsider. That habit will not improve the quality of fare offered. MSN are admitted serial liars where it comes to all things liberal and DJT in particular. They willingly lied in order to do their part to bring about the demise of President Trump.
Outsider the faithful Republican voter up early spreading far left propaganda lies. The fake headline has "we...don't know" "mysterious connections" and "maybe" in it. That makes it obvious to anyone with a pulse it is fake news propaganda, aka lies. Total clown show.
(10-02-2021, 10:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Outsider the faithful Republican voter up early spreading far left propaganda lies. The fake headline has "we...don't know" "mysterious connections" and "maybe" in it. That makes it obvious to anyone with a pulse it is fake news propaganda, aka lies. Total clown show.
Come on, man, Why would a straight-ticket Republican voter* post far-left propaganda lies? That just doesn't make a lick of sense.  Smile

*- Except for Donald J. Trump
^^^Haha we know what these guys are going to say on every issue even before they know.
(10-02-2021, 10:56 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2021, 10:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Outsider the faithful Republican voter up early spreading far left propaganda lies. The fake headline has "we...don't know" "mysterious connections" and "maybe" in it. That makes it obvious to anyone with a pulse it is fake news propaganda, aka lies. Total clown show.
Come on, man, Why would a straight-ticket Republican voter* post far-left propaganda lies? That just doesn't make a lick of sense.  Smile

It may be BS, although I wouldn't put anything past Trump.
(10-02-2021, 11:18 AM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]

Apparently, you put everything past Traitor Joe.
(10-02-2021, 11:18 AM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]

And yet you never criticize all the Dems you say you vote against. Nobody on here believes anything you post.
(10-01-2021, 05:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree with jetpilot. I can understand somebody not voting for Trump - I almost did so myself. I can understand some of Trump's antics disgusting a person, he has disgusted me at times. What I find very difficult to believe is that any Republican would find Trump's policies and actions as president far more objectionable than those of Joe Biden.

A true Republican, no matter how moderate, could not possibly do the nit-picking and smearing of Donald Trump that The Outsider has done without Joe Biden's behavior, policies, and actions being far more of a concern. Joe Biden is the current president and he is very clearly an existential threat to this nation. A man who can lose a war to a terrorist group over the course of a few days is certainly not capable of leading us through a war with China, Russia or both.

A true Republican, who simply despised Trump, would have found a potential 2024 presidential candidate to support. I do not recall a single positive post by The Outsider of any active Republican politician, except to support the ones who criticize Trump and those who voted to impeach him. Ron DeSantis has done an excellent job as Governor of Florida, but, correct me if I am wrong, The Outsider, you have not defended DeSantis against any of the many bogus allegations against him. Not one. There are many other viable Republican candidates, most of whom are too moderate for my tastes, but Ben Sasse, Nikki Haley, or Lindsey Graham would be a huge improvement over the corrupt, idiotic current president. A literate American chosen at random would likely be an improvement over Biden. So where is the criticism of Joe Biden, The Outsider?

It wasn't so much Trump's policies, except for mainly the way he downplayed the covid threat due to the election and his obvious racist tendencies, my problem with Trump goes back many, many years and is more personal in nature. 

Biden is probably in over his head, but the only reason he got elected is because so many voters in the middle despise Trump and what he is and stands for, and felt that 4 more years of Trump would completely splinter the Country.
(10-02-2021, 02:04 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 05:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

It wasn't so much Trump's policies, except for mainly the way he downplayed the covid threat due to the election and his obvious racist tendencies, my problem with Trump goes back many, many years and is more personal in nature. 

Biden is probably in over his head, but the only reason he got elected is because so many voters in the middle despise Trump and what he is and stands for, and felt that 4 more years of Trump would completely splinter the Country.
Biden is probably in over his head? Big Grin  Joe Biden would have been in over his head as president at any age.

Do you really believe that Trump would have splintered this country even more than Biden is doing?

Do you realize that Biden's job approval rating is below Trump's was at the same point in his presidency, according to the Rasmussen Reports daily presidential approval poll? When you factor in the extremely adversarial media that Trump faced and the protective media that is covering Biden, that is pretty amazing.
Not only do 56 percent of Americans disapprove of the job that Biden is doing, 48 percent of Americans strongly disapprove of the job that he is doing. I do not recall ever seeing any president with such a high "strongly disapprove" job rating in the Rasmussen poll. (Biden has led Trump in the job approval comparison for most of his presidency but his recent trend has been sharply downward.)

Apparently, you are okay with Joe Biden splintering the country.

Do you approve of the job that Biden is doing or do you strongly approve of the job that he is doing? (You can say that you do not approve of the job that Biden is doing, but nobody is going to believe you if you do.)
Pages: 1 2