Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sidney Powell drags Alito and others into January Insurrection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.newsweek.com/sidney-powell-d...ss-1632896

"Attorney Sidney Powell has claimed the January 6 riot at the Capitol was intended to be used to give Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito time to stop the certification of Joe Biden's election victory.
Powell, an attorney who has filed numerous lawsuits in a failed bid to overturn former President Donald Trump's 2020 election loss, made the comments during an appearance on the conservative Stew Peters Show on Friday.
She claimed that as a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol that day, her team was seeking an emergency injunction to prevent the certification of Biden's win."

"We were filing a 12th Amendment constitutional challenge to the process that the Congress was about to use under the Electoral Act provisions that simply don't jive with the 12th Amendment to the United States Constitution," she said. "And Justice Alito was our circuit justice for that."

She added: "Louie Gohmert was the plaintiff in our lawsuit, and we were suing the vice president to follow the 12th Amendment as opposed to the Electoral College Act."

Powell claimed that GOP Republican leader Kevin McCarthy and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise had prevented House Speaker Nancy Pelosi from filing an amicus brief in the case.

Powell alleged that when Pelosi learned of the lawsuit, she hurriedly reconvened Congress to certify Biden's victory shortly after the attack on the Capitol.

She got notice when we made our filing because she wanted to file an amicus brief," Powell said. "And everything broke loose and she really had to speed up reconvening Congress to get the vote going before Justice Alito might have issued an injunction to stop it all, which is what should have happened."

My gosh, the treason runs deep if what the "Kraken" lawyer is saying is true. For many, this woman was speaking the gospel for several months.  Angry  
^More left-wing propaganda based on lies. Sidney Powell was not quoted making any connection between the Trump rally or the mob that entered the Capitol on 6 January. Nor does she make such a link in the video clip posted in the Newsweek article to which you linked. Do you read and/or watch any of the stuff that you link?

If Powell actually said the things that you allege, then post a source that proves Powell said what you claim.

Despite the misleading headline of the Newsweek article, the article makes it clear who connected the bogus "insurrection" to the constitutional challenge that Powell had filed.

Quote:Ron Filipkowski, an attorney who shared her interview on Twitter, said it "suggests that the purpose of the insurrection was to DELAY the electoral college certification to give Alito time to intervene on this legal challenge. But, Powell says they didn't anticipate Pelosi reconvening Congress that day."

There are good reasons why Newsweek no longer publishes a magazine. They had no credibility when they were publishing on paper and they have even less credibility now. This article is clickbait that captured its mark.
General Counsel for the Woke Mob.  Big Grin

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-08-17-at-10.56.08-PM.png]
oh, so they were just filing a brief to stop the electoral count even though the count would have already been finished.

A fruitless action unless the count was stopped somehow for some reason. HMMM...wonder what would ever stop this basic exercise of government.

Stop being so obtuse.
(09-27-2021, 02:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]oh, so they were just filing a brief to stop the electoral count even though the count would have already been finished. 

A fruitless action unless the count was stopped somehow for some reason.  HMMM...wonder what would ever stop this basic exercise of government. 

Stop being so obtuse.
Powell did not say what you claimed that she said. A left-wing lawyer speculated that Powell collaborated with a mob of protesters and you jumped on the article because of the inaccurate headline. You should have read the article before posting the link and making a false claim.
(09-27-2021, 03:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2021, 02:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]oh, so they were just filing a brief to stop the electoral count even though the count would have already been finished. 

A fruitless action unless the count was stopped somehow for some reason.  HMMM...wonder what would ever stop this basic exercise of government. 

Stop being so obtuse.
Powell did not say what you claimed that she said. A left-wing lawyer speculated that Powell collaborated with a mob of protesters and you jumped on the article because of the inaccurate headline. You should have read the article before posting the link and making a false claim.
She did say that.  I watched the video and read the article;  She said what she said.  The Kraken gave up the goose.

In front of everyone, she spilled the beans  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Some of these people you are aligning your beliefs with are morons.
(09-27-2021, 03:56 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2021, 03:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Stop being so obtuse.
She did say that.  I watched the video and read the article;  She said what she said.  The Kraken gave up the goose.

In front of everyone, she spilled the beans  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Some of these people you are aligning your beliefs with are morons.
No, she didn't say what you claimed and that is why Newsweek did not quote her. Instead, they quoted the Democrat General Counsel for the Woke Mob trying to read Powell's mind. Anybody can watch the video and determine which of us is telling the truth and which one of us is lying. I encourage them to do so.

Why don't you just stop posting links to articles that you haven't read and videos that you haven't watched? Biased media sources, whether they are on the right or on the left, often misrepresent articles by pairing them with misleading headlines. That is what Newsweek did in this case and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
After everything broke loose “She had to speed it up before Justice Alito might issue an injunction which is what should have happened.”

I’ve watched it 5 times. I have no idea what you think she says. Tell
Me. What is she saying? It sure as hell sounds like she is telling the plan was to delay the vote so Alito could issue an injunction. I know you live in a different delusional universe but wasn’t that the plan?

Sidney Powell is spilling the beans on your traitor friends.

I watched the Kraken’s video. It didn’t matter where it was hosted.
(09-27-2021, 09:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]After everything broke loose “She had to speed it up before Justice Alito might issue an injunction which is what should have happened.” 

I’ve watched it 5 times.  I have no idea what you think she says. Tell
Me.  What is she saying?  It sure as hell sounds like she is telling the plan was to delay the vote so Alito could issue an  injunction.  I know you live in a different delusional universe but wasn’t that the plan? 

Nowhere does Powell say or imply that she knew knew in advance that the mob would be entering the Capitol. What she said is that Pelosi received notice that she had filed suit and that she - Pelosi - sped things up so that Alito did not rule on her - Powell's - filing. Had Pelosi not been aware of Powell's filing, then Alito might have ruled in Powell's favor before the certification was completed. You are right that the direct quotes do not matter. If you have watched the video 5 times, then you have misunderstood what was being said five times.
(09-28-2021, 12:26 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2021, 09:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]After everything broke loose “She had to speed it up before Justice Alito might issue an injunction which is what should have happened.” 

Me.  What is she saying?  It sure as hell sounds like she is telling the plan was to delay the vote so Alito could issue an  injunction.  I know you live in a different delusional universe but wasn’t that the plan? 

Nowhere does Powell say or imply that she knew knew in advance that the mob would be entering the Capitol. What she said is that Pelosi received notice that she had filed suit and that she - Pelosi - sped things up so that Alito did not rule on her - Powell's - filing. Had Pelosi not been aware of Powell's filing, then Alito might have ruled in Powell's favor before the certification was completed. You are right that the direct quotes do not matter. If you have watched the video 5 times, then you have misunderstood what was being said five times.
Oh yes, none of these goobers knew the mob would enter the Capitol. Dodgy  
A filing with Alito was all but useless unless there was a major delay.  Spontaneously a group of people was called to attack the Capitol while the electoral count was occurring.  Something pointed them in that direction.  Serendipity I guess.  And just so happens all the while the Trump goons were feverishly attempting to undermine democracy with a SC justice.  But it was all coincidence.  Nothing to see.  

The conspiracy theories that float around in your head versus the obvious realities.
^Conspiracy theorist projecting his obsession onto others.
(09-28-2021, 08:53 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

A filing with Alito was all but useless unless there was a major delay.  Spontaneously a group of people was called to attack the Capitol while the electoral count was occurring.  Something pointed them in that direction.  Serendipity I guess.  And just so happens all the while the Trump goons were feverishly attempting to undermine democracy with a SC justice.  But it was all coincidence.  Nothing to see.  

The conspiracy theories that float around in your head versus the obvious realities.
Only person killed was an unarmed Trump supporter. Nobody at the "riot" got so much as a noogie from any Trump supporter. But you know that and continue to lie anyway. If you are breathing you are lying.
(09-28-2021, 09:50 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 08:53 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Only person killed was an unarmed Trump supporter. Nobody at the "riot" got so much as a noogie from any Trump supporter. But you know that and continue to lie anyway. If you are breathing you are lying.
Except for those 140 or so Capitol officers.    

Land of 
Delusion
^^^Another huge lie and everyone knows better.
@jetpilot

https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-polic...n-injuries

"Around 140 officers were injured during the insurrection including officers with crushed spinal discs, broken kneecaps, and traumatic brain injuries," U.S. Capitol Police Labor Committee Chairman Gus Papathanasiou said in a statement provided to Fox News on Wednesday. "Some of these officers may never return to duty. Many more are experiencing signs of PTSD."
(09-28-2021, 11:40 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]@jetpilot

"Around 140 officers were injured during the insurrection including officers with crushed spinal discs, broken kneecaps, and traumatic brain injuries," U.S. Capitol Police Labor Committee Chairman Gus Papathanasiou said in a statement provided to Fox News on Wednesday. "Some of these officers may never return to duty.  Many more are experiencing signs of PTSD."
The fact that Chairman Papathanasiou referred to the events at the Capitol on 6 January as an "insurrection" makes him a very sketchy source of information. The fact that he claimed that many are "experiencing signs of PTSD" only detracts further from his credibility.
(09-28-2021, 11:51 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

"Around 140 officers were injured during the insurrection including officers with crushed spinal discs, broken kneecaps, and traumatic brain injuries," U.S. Capitol Police Labor Committee Chairman Gus Papathanasiou said in a statement provided to Fox News on Wednesday. "Some of these officers may never return to duty.  Many more are experiencing signs of PTSD."
The fact that Chairman Papathanasiou referred to the events at the Capitol on 6 January as an "insurrection" makes him a very sketchy source of information. The fact that he claimed that many are "experiencing signs of PTSD" only detracts further from his credibility.
Sketchy to deniers. Dodgy

5 officers have committed suicide since the January 6th insurrection of mindless Magaites; Denying officers now suffer from PTSD after that day detracts from your credibility.
(09-28-2021, 12:30 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 11:51 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Sketchy to deniers. Dodgy

5 officers have committed suicide since the January 6th insurrection of mindless Magaites; Denying officers now suffer from PTSD after that day detracts from your credibility.
There is nothing wrong with denying the credibility of the propaganda that you post. Anybody who has actually watched videos from that day would be skeptical that any police officer could have suffered from PTSD from their experience. These are police officers who have trained for and experienced real riots before.
How are we not hearing about PTSD for all of the police officers from the real riots by liberals? You know, real riots where people were beaten and killed, police headquarters attacked and taken over, and buildings burned? Of course everyone knows the answer to that except for a few ultra-liberals on here who only deal in fake news propaganda, aka lies...
You can call it whatever you want, but it will go down in history as one of the darkest days of our Democracy.  

It takes a sick person to sit up in his ivory tower, enjoying the chaos taking place, without instructing his minions to stand down, even with his own daughter, advisors and staff begging him to put an end to it.
(09-28-2021, 01:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]How are we not hearing about PTSD for all of the police officers from the real riots by liberals? You know, real riots where people were beaten and killed, police headquarters attacked and taken over, and buildings burned? Of course everyone knows the answer to that except for a few ultra-liberals on here who only deal in fake news propaganda, aka lies...
Start a thread.  Post your evidence.  

In this case, Capitol officers were beaten, injured, and many have PTSD as a result. 

It was a planned insurrection with the Trump rally producing the agitated mob and right-wing groups providing the leadership to breach the Capitol.  All the while Powell, Guiliani, Gohmert, etc. were trying to make this treason look lawful through an injunction by SCOTUS.  

The Kraken helping to flesh this story out.   I wonder why she is doing that.
(09-28-2021, 01:51 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]You can call it whatever you want, but it will go down in history as one of the darkest days of our Democracy.  

It takes a sick person to sit up in his ivory tower, enjoying the chaos taking place, without instructing his minions to stand down, even with his own daughter, advisors and staff begging him to put an end to it.
"Peacefully and patriotically let your voice be heard." It takes a sick person to continue to lie about what he actually said while at the same time ignoring all the violence caused by the far left.
(09-28-2021, 02:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 01:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]How are we not hearing about PTSD for all of the police officers from the real riots by liberals? You know, real riots where people were beaten and killed, police headquarters attacked and taken over, and buildings burned? Of course everyone knows the answer to that except for a few ultra-liberals on here who only deal in fake news propaganda, aka lies...

In this case, Capitol officers were beaten, injured, and many have PTSD as a result. 

It was a planned insurrection with the Trump rally producing the agitated mob and right-wing groups providing the leadership to breach the Capitol.  All the while Powell, Guiliani, Gohmert, etc. were trying to make this treason look lawful through an injunction by SCOTUS.  

All lies. "Peacefully and patriotically let your voice be heard." All you guys do is repeat lie after lie.
(09-28-2021, 02:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

All lies. "Peacefully and patriotically let your voice be heard." All you guys do is repeat lie after lie.
Even if you take the Mafia Don Trump out of the picture...Mo Brooks, Rudy, and Don Jr. fired that crowd up and Trump sent them toward the Capitol where the right-wing groups were waiting to escalate the protest to a riot.  JP, I bet you can't wait for these hearings.
(09-28-2021, 03:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Even if you take the Mafia Don Trump out of the picture...Mo Brooks, Rudy, and Don Jr. fired that crowd up and Trump sent them toward the Capitol where the right-wing groups were waiting to escalate the protest to a riot.  JP, I bet you can't wait for these hearings.
Your timeline is a lie as well. Events began to unfold at the Capitol before Trump finished his speech. He did not send anybody to the Capitol to riot.
(09-28-2021, 04:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Your timeline is a lie as well. Events began to unfold at the Capitol before Trump finished his speech. He did not send anybody to the Capitol to riot.
You are right. There were groups of proud boys and oathkeepers who didn’t even attend the rally. They were there to escalate the protest. They descended on the Capitol around the time Trump took the stage. 
There were reporters embedded following these guys those videos are on YouTube, because those guys were proud of their treason.  This was a plan that was conspired by Trump supporters.

Thanks to Powell now we know what was going on behind the scenes. 

A plan to destroy our democracy and now you guys defend it.  Puke
(09-28-2021, 08:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 02:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Start a thread.  Post your evidence.  

You are right. There were groups of proud boys and oathkeepers who didn’t even attend the rally. They were there to escalate the protest. They descended on the Capitol around the time Trump took the stage. 
There were reporters embedded following these guys those videos are on YouTube, because those guys were proud of their treason.  This was a plan that was conspired by Trump supporters.

You should start fact-checking before you post. Your first mistake was starting this thread on a false premise. Trump's speech had nothing to do with the events at the Capitol.

You are lying again and wrong again. Hearing will be a total sh!tshow and Dems will be exposed as lying idiots again. I can't wait.
(09-28-2021, 10:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 02:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]All lies. "Peacefully and patriotically let your voice be heard." All you guys do is repeat lie after lie.

You should start fact-checking before you post. Your first mistake was starting this thread on a false premise. Trump's speech had nothing to do with the events at the Capitol.
You live in a land of denial and delusion.  Trump said to go to the Capitol and the people went.  I don't really need sources because I watched it unfold that day on TV from rally to treasonous riot.  BUT with that said everybody had their camera running, and mindless magaites aren't ashamed of their traitorous ways, so we got to see it all. 

I'm just glad all the rats are squealing so Americans will know what to watch out for when another autocrat tries to use violence and his minions to tear down democracy.
(09-29-2021, 09:01 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 10:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2021, 03:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you take the Mafia Don Trump out of the picture...Mo Brooks, Rudy, and Don Jr. fired that crowd up and Trump sent them toward the Capitol where the right-wing groups were waiting to escalate the protest to a riot.  JP, I bet you can't wait for these hearings.

You live in a land of denial and delusion.  Trump said to go to the Capitol and the people went.  I don't really need sources because I watched it unfold that day on TV from rally to treasonous riot.  BUT with that said everybody had their camera running, and mindless magaites aren't ashamed of their traitorous ways, so we got to see it all. 

I'm just glad all the rats are squealing so Americans will know what to watch out for when another autocrat tries to use violence and his minions to tear down democracy.
Lie. Repeat. Lie. Repeat...repeating the lies above cannot bestow any credibility on them. Your timeline and version of events of 6 January are lies. Trump did not direct anybody to commit violence at the Capitol. This entire thread is based on your mischaracterization of a Newsweek article. You need better material. Your main problem is that you are attempting to defend the indefensible. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are destroying your party and there is no way to sugar coat it.

What is this talk of an autocrat? Joe Biden is an autocrat - forcing Americans to get experimental vaccinations by Executive Order is just the latest example.
Pages: 1 2