Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biden Vaccination Plan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tons of controversial ideas but Uncle Joe is doing what he believes will keep America safe in this upcoming dark winter. 

Bottom line is if you want to keep people safe; get the shot. 

Also if you want to keep your job; get the shot. 

If some are to believe there plenty of folks out there to take an antivaxxer’s job.
Actually, there are not enough people in the workforce to replace the unvaccinated if they stuck to their principles. There are already more jobs than willing workers in this country.
(09-11-2021, 12:15 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, there are not enough people in the workforce to replace the unvaccinated if they stuck to their principles. There are already more jobs than willing workers in this country.

Do you believe that? 

A Bowling Green hospital just fired 180 unvaccinated health care workers and hired 178 within the week.  

I don’t think people who have good jobs that aren’t merit jobs want to try it.  

lots of educated folks have been relegated to jobs that are below them. Now maybe some stubborn folks will open positions. Big Grin
(09-11-2021, 12:24 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2021, 12:15 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, there are not enough people in the workforce to replace the unvaccinated if they stuck to their principles. There are already more jobs than willing workers in this country.

Do you believe that? 

A Bowling Green hospital just fired 180 unvaccinated health care workers and hired 178 within the week.  

lots of educated folks have been relegated to jobs that are below them. Now maybe some stubborn folks will open positions. Big Grin
Yes, I believe that or I would not have posted it. Recent job reports have reported that many vacancies are going unfilled. One reason for that has been that many people have been making more money on unemployment benefits than they did working. Every time that a company fires people or has people resigning, they face the expense of training them up to the level of the departing employees. Companies with high turnover rates tend not to be very successful. You are right, mediocre employees do not have the luxury of resigning out of principle.
It seems like only yesterday that people defending Fauci were telling us to "follow the science." Now, not so much.

Quote:Vaccinated were 27 times more likely to get symptomatic infection than those with natural immunity

SCIENCE

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label.

The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized.

The study demonstrates the power of the human immune system, but infectious disease experts emphasized that this vaccine and others for COVID-19 nonetheless remain highly protective against severe disease and death. And they caution that intentional infection among unvaccinated people would be extremely risky. “What we don’t want people to say is: ‘All right, I should go out and get infected, I should have an infection party,’” says Michel Nussenzweig, an immunologist at Rockefeller University who researches the immune response to SARS-CoV-2 and was not involved in the study. “Because somebody could die.”

Put another way, vaccinated individuals were 27 times more likely to get a symptomatic COVID infection than those with natural immunity from COVID.
(09-11-2021, 03:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you believe that? 

Yes, I believe that or I would not have posted it. Recent job reports have reported that many vacancies are going unfilled. One reason for that has been that many people have been making more money on unemployment benefits than they did working. Every time that a company fires people or has people resigning, they face the expense of training them up to the level of the departing employees. Companies with high turnover rates tend not to be very successful. You are right, mediocre employees do not have the luxury of resigning out of principle.

All an interested person must do to get to the truth about the workforce versus job openings ratio, is talk to an employer. People running businesses cannot find people to work. And I did not say competent people to work. I mean any body at all. Retailers and restauranters possibly leads the pack, but it's systemic in scope.

I read every article the internet had (about 5) on the Medical Center of Bowling Green firing 180 health care workers. Saw where the hospital mandated they be vaccinated, did not see where they had hired the replacements yet for those who'd been dismissed.
(09-11-2021, 07:40 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you believe that? 

All an interested person must do to get to the truth about the workforce versus job openings ratio, is talk to an employer. People running businesses cannot find people to work. And I did not say competent people to work. I mean any body at all. Retailers and restauranters  possibly leads the pack, but it's systemic in scope.

I read every article the internet had (about 5) on the Medical Center of Bowling Green firing 180 health care workers. Saw where the hospital mandated they be vaccinated, did not see where they had hired the replacements yet for those who'd been dismissed.
They did.  It’s out there.  

TRT, you and Hoot do know that people drawing unemployment lost their job or hours to Covid right?  Their place of employment didn’t open back up or they didn’t receive the same hours.  They either can go get a job that will pay them less than they were making before or draw unemployment. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what to do.  
You can’t draw unemployment if your place of employment calls you back to work. 

Of course neither of you boys didn’t lose anything so you can armchair quarterback and expect Americans to go out and work at McDonald’s for minimum wage  even if it’s a third of what they made before the Trump flu. 

also several folks found new ways to make money and ways to get out of the rat race.
(09-12-2021, 10:56 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2021, 07:40 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you believe that? 

All an interested person must do to get to the truth about the workforce versus job openings ratio, is talk to an employer. People running businesses cannot find people to work. And I did not say competent people to work. I mean any body at all. Retailers and restauranters  possibly leads the pack, but it's systemic in scope.

They did.  It’s out there.  

TRT, you and Hoot do know that people drawing unemployment lost their job or hours to Covid right?  Their place of employment didn’t open back up or they didn’t receive the same hours.  They either can go get a job that will pay them less than they were making before or draw unemployment. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what to do.  
You can’t draw unemployment if your place of employment calls you back to work. 

Of course neither of you boys didn’t lose anything so you can armchair quarterback and expect Americans to go out and work at McDonald’s for minimum wage  even if it’s a third of what they made before the Trump flu. 

also several folks found new ways to make money and ways to get out of the rat race.
Not true. Many people were unemployed and making more than they were when they worked. They declined opportunities for jobs that paid more than their previous job did. Not everybody, you cannot over-generalize as if what you posted was true of every unemployed person. It was not. Also, it is not hard to comply with the terms of unemployment if a person does not want to find a job. They just apply for jobs for which they know they are not qualified and do a poor job applying for those jobs. It is a well documented fact that the overly generous COVID-19 jobless benefits led to a labor shortage.
“you cannot over-generalize as if what you posted was true of every unemployed person. “

Which is exactly what you are doing…with your typical lack of empathy you are insinuating people are just being lazy and greedy. It’s more complicated than that. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pandemic-...13393.html

Before the COVID-19 pandemic brought the US economy to a near-standstill, businesses were locked in competition for high-skill workers. That struggle resulted from a labor market that was as close to seeing full employment as it has ever been. And at the time, analysts worried about how long the economy could withstand the crunch.

Fast-forward to today, and the problem has multiplied. After seeing record job losses during the pandemic, the US labor market rebounded fast. But it didn't revert to its pre-pandemic norm. Instead, the unemployment rate sits at 5.4%, with over 1 million more job openings than people looking for work. And they're not concentrated among the upper rungs of the economic ladder – they're at every skill and salary level.

Some economists insisted that the problem had to do with overly generous pandemic-era unemployment compensation. But the states that did away with the extra funding haven't seen a rebound in hiring. So what's going on? The answer, it turns out, is complicated. Here are some of the factors driving the current labor shortage and putting the squeeze on US businesses.
There is already a shortage of qualified nurses in this country and those who are working are already commanding large bonuses and working long hours of overtime. It is not easy to replace nurses. A friend of our family from Kentucky, who attended school with my children, makes a very good income traveling around the country taking short-term contracts as a trauma nurse in emergency rooms. 

I don't believe the story of a Kentucky hospital quickly replacing a large number of nurses who resigned rather than get vaccinated. They will be replaced but they were not replaced over the course of a few days. A hospital's HR department could not possibly work that fast to replace such a large number of nurses. It sounds like the hospital is engaging in some propaganda to discourage additional resignations.

Quote:Vax mandate resignations force Lewis County General Hospital to ‘pause’ baby deliveries

No labor means no labor.

Lewis County General Hospital in Lowville, NY, will temporarily stop delivering babies, after maternity-ward employees quit rather than be forced to get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to reports.

Six employees in the unit resigned over the vaccine mandate, and another seven are undecided about getting the shot, the county health system’s CEO, Gerald Cayer, said Friday, according to WWNY.

“If we can pause the service and now focus on recruiting nurses who are vaccinated, we will be able to reengage in delivering babies here in Lewis County,” he said, according to the station.

Cayer said 27 percent of the hospital’s workers — 165 employees — haven’t gotten the shot.

The state has ordered all health-care workers in New York to get their first shot by Sept. 27 or face termination. After the August announcement by former governor Andrew Cuomo, 30 hospital workers resigned, Cayer said.
https://www.wbko.com/2021/09/03/group-pr...e-mandate/

“Med Center Health has now reached 100% compliance with our COVID-19 vaccine requirements. 180 staff members were terminated due to our vaccine requirement; however, at the same time, we have welcomed 178 new, vaccinated team members who have or will be joining us within the next week”

Hospital is lying I’m sure. Last week you believed a hospital because they said what you wanted about horse wormer, but this week they can’t be trusted.
Big Grin

FWIW, those people should be vaccinated when dealing with newborns. How damn selfish are these people?!
(09-12-2021, 11:41 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.wbko.com/2021/09/03/group-pr...e-mandate/

“Med Center Health has now reached 100% compliance with our COVID-19 vaccine requirements. 180 staff members were terminated due to our vaccine requirement; however, at the same time, we have welcomed 178 new, vaccinated team members who have or will be joining us within the next week”

Hospital is lying I’m sure.  Last week you believed a hospital because they said what you wanted about horse wormer, but this week they can’t be trusted.
Big Grin
As I said, I don't believe that the hospital replaced 178 resigning nurses that quickly. And you are mischaracterizing my posts on ivermectin. I would be surprised if you were not doing so.
(09-12-2021, 11:45 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2021, 11:41 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.wbko.com/2021/09/03/group-pr...e-mandate/

Hospital is lying I’m sure.  Last week you believed a hospital because they said what you wanted about horse wormer, but this week they can’t be trusted.
Big Grin
As I said, I don't believe that the hospital replaced 178 resigning nurses that quickly. And you are mischaracterizing my posts on ivermectin. I would be surprised if you were not doing so.
Ok.  Take that up with them. 

Nah…no mischaracterization…you like it if it’s disinformation supporting your point.
(09-12-2021, 12:30 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

Nah…no mischaracterization…you like it if it’s disinformation supporting your point.
Yes. Mischaracterization is what you do when you cannot refute the facts that are presented. I did not post any disinformation. To characterize ivermectin as "horse wormer," when you know that it is a drug that is prescribed by doctors and being taken by millions of people around the world IS disinformation.
(09-12-2021, 12:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

Yes. Mischaracterization is what you do when you cannot refute the facts that are presented. I did not post any disinformation. To characterize ivermectin as "horse wormer," when you know that it is a drug that is prescribed by doctors and being taken by millions of people around the world IS disinformation.
There are ton of folks who think like you are taking actual horse wormer they bought at a feed store, Hoot. 

I support your ability to take anything you want from the pharmacy or the feed store. 

Point being you and Faux News decided a hospital’s statement discounted a Doctor’s account of his experiences last week, but you don’t have use that same logic this week.  

Cherrypicking
(09-12-2021, 12:56 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2021, 12:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

There are ton of folks who think like you are taking actual horse wormer they bought at a feed store, Hoot. 

I support your ability to take anything you want from the pharmacy or the feed store. 

Point being you and Faux News decided a hospital’s statement discounted a Doctor’s account of his experiences last week, but you don’t have use that same logic this week.  

Cherrypicking
Your reference to ivermectin as "horse wormer," regardless of whether the drug was manufactured for human use and legally administered or prescribed by medical personnel is disinformation. You know it and everybody who has read your posts knows it as well.