Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eighth Grader Commits to USC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This 14 year old pick USC to play his college basketball, before he picked a high school. It's getting ridiculous.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20070928/us...xryY2s0NUE
Yea. These schools just want to get these kids a good education. Rolleyes I bet half of them can't spell their name. Really shows you what we as a society are teaching our kids doesn't it? Sad!!!Rolleyes
There used to be a thread on here about that somewhere when they were recruiting him and when he committed back in the summer, but I agree it's getting out of control to do that kind of thing that early.
.....Crazy. I wonder if CBG will follow in this trend?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:.....Crazy. I wonder if CBG will follow in this trend?

I hope not.
alfus21 Wrote:I hope not.

I will have to agree with you. :Thumbs: I think he would have limits.
I didn't even know you could do this.
Well does he know where he is going to High School? This is absolutely ridiculous, Tim Floyd really did himself in on this one.
-STATS- Wrote:Tim Floyd really did himself in on this one.
I agree it's ridiculous but he didn't do himself in...a commitment doesn't mean anything.
Hes in the 8th grade though. Point is that Floyd could have waited until this kid chose a high school at least and then go from there, USC would probably be one of his top schools anyways so as a Junior or a Senior in HS he could have comitted then. But I guess that the kid has his future set after he gets out of High School if he stays true to USC, thats a good outlook and another one would be that he is a heck of a player apparently, lol. I guess I am looking at it on both sides of the story.

FOX SPORTS Wrote:I agree it's ridiculous but he didn't do himself in...a commitment doesn't mean anything.