Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Not to Jinx this for UK fans but....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if UK wins Thursday and LSU beats Florida on Saturday, I can almost guarantee you ESPN Gameday will be in Lexington on October 12 and 13..... no other game that weekend would be played between two higher ranked teams....
FreakNasty Wrote:if UK wins Thursday and LSU beats Florida on Saturday, I can almost guarantee you ESPN Gameday will be in Lexington on October 12 and 13..... no other game that weekend would be played between two higher ranked teams....

No doubt about that. Especially considering CBS and ESPN have some sort of agreement now about that it could be very possible.

Spurrier is 14-0 against UK in his career though so a jinx might not be a bad thing now that I mentioned that.
alfus21 Wrote:No doubt about that. Especially considering CBS and ESPN have some sort of agreement now about that it could be very possible.

Spurrier is 14-0 against UK in his career though so a jinx might not be a bad thing now that I mentioned that.

It'll be a very very tough game, but gathering stats for my preview article I think UK has a pretty good shot on the road because South Carolina hasn't run the ball great this season, and with an inexperienced quarterback as well....

Spurrier is obviously the X-factor, and Thursday night on the road is tough.... if UK goes to 2-0 in the SEC, they'll have two games on South Carolina, Tennessee or Georgia, and Florida IF they lose at LSU.... if they can pull a few more upsets they could be sitting in Atlanta in December... and with the type of schedule they had and the predictions me and many other previewers had of 6 wins at the best, it would be a remarkable story....
Knock on wood!
FreakNasty Wrote:if UK wins Thursday and LSU beats Florida on Saturday, I can almost guarantee you ESPN Gameday will be in Lexington on October 12 and 13..... no other game that weekend would be played between two higher ranked teams....

I had already started thinking about that myself. That would be so cool to have GameDay in Lexington for a football game, it's just unbelievable. But if you have two unbeaten SEC teams, both ranked in the top 10 and leading their respective divisions, I see no way they could pick any other game.

But, UK has to take care of business in Columbia, first...
Go Uk
More Cowbell Wrote:I had already started thinking about that myself. That would be so cool to have GameDay in Lexington for a football game, it's just unbelievable. But if you have two unbeaten SEC teams, both ranked in the top 10 and leading their respective divisions, I see no way they could pick any other game.

But, UK has to take care of business in Columbia, first...
I don't see how they couldn't pick that game either, should UK win Thursday. But like you said, MC, they have to get through South Carolina on the road before we can start talking about a battle of unbeatens next weekend.
If the Cats win and they are indeed going to be at Commonwealth that Saturday I've already made plans to go. I'll be there at about 6am, so all you have to do is look for the guy in the parking lot with a case of cold ones if anyone wants to meet up and try to get a Home Depot hard hat.
One step in front of the other guys/gals lets beat Sc first. Go Cats!!!!!
By the looks of the schedule, even if UK/LSU losses it could be a possible destination for gameday..... I'm not seeing anything on October 13 that is more attractive than the LSU-UK game to tell you the truth....