Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (8) Kentucky vs. (11) South Carolina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky will travel to Columbia, South Carolina to take on the Gamecocks. Should be a great game. Good defense versus a good offense. I think if UK can stop there run game and hit the quarterback a few times that they will win this one by a couple of touchdowns.

Game will be on ESPN @ 7:30pm, Thursday October 4th.

Kentucky- 28
South Carolina- 17
Kentucky- 35
South Carolina- 21
This in my opinion is the toughest game so far this season, and easily the best defense we've faced.

It's on the road, primetime on National TV.

Steve Spurrier hate UK with a passion and gives us no credit, ever. This one will be very tough.

UK can win this game, but they'll have to play flawless football. I'm not going to predict a score, but I hope nobody gets injured for the big stretch of games coming up.

Should be a great game overall.
Very tough game, but I have faith.
UK - 42, SC - 35 (kepping the 40+ points streak alive)
alfus21 Wrote:This in my opinion is the toughest game so far this season, and easily the best defense we've faced.

It's on the road, primetime on National TV.

Steve Spurrier hate UK with a passion and gives us no credit, ever. This one will be very tough.

UK can win this game, but they'll have to play flawless football. I'm not going to predict a score, but I hope nobody gets injured for the big stretch of games coming up.

Should be a great game overall.

This month of football for UK will either make them or break them. But I'll be happy if we beat SC and either LSU or Florida. But we need to win one of those three.
I cant wait till thursday, I love when UK plays SC its always a pretty good game and hopefully we can beat the ole ball coach and move to 6-0 and I agree with like someone said earlier this is deff the best Defense the Cats have seen so far so idk if can keep the 40+ scoring steak alive but I think UK gets the W.

Kentucky-31
South Carolina-20
The cats stop a trick play from the ole ball coach and win 42-36. Go Cats!!!!
This will be a very tough game this week. For some reason, in recent years UK has gone into the game with South Carolina with a decent shot to win, but has not been able to close the deal. And of course we all know how little respect Spurrier has for Kentucky football. But Carolina also struggled with Mississippi State at home yesterday before pulling away in the fourth quarter.

So, what do we need to do to win? We all know Carolina has a strong defense, by far the strongest UK has faced so far. And their pass defense has been especially strong so far, holding their opponent to under 100 yards through the air in 3 of their 5 games. The best effort so far was by Georgia QB Matt Stafford, who threw for 213 yards but completed 19 of 44 passes to do it. Carolina has also only given up 2 passing TD's all year, and has grabbed 6 INT's. Now, they haven't faced a passing attack as good as ours yet, but that would certainly be going against the strength of the Gamecocks.

However, while Carolina has been strong against the pass this year, they are vulnerable to the run. Their opponents have gained good yardage on the ground all year, including games of 290, 252, 196, 140, and 128 yards. So Rafael Little and company should find ample room to run, and hopefully wear down the Carolina defense in the process.

Our defense has been adequate this year, giving up a lot of yardage but at least doing a decent job of keeping the other team out of the end zone. If the Wildcat offense stalls, we may need the D to step up, get some 3-and-outs, and maybe force a turnover or two.

In the end, I think the Cats will be able to pull off the win. I just don't think South Carolina's offense can keep up on the scoreboard with ours. I'll go with...

Kentucky 35
South Carolina 27
I think this will be a scary game to watch, but UK will pull it out in the end. It may come down to another Stevie Johnson miracle catch, but we can do it.

Our defense will also need to step it up big time. I think Woodyard has to have a good game and Lindley needs a few of those interceptions.

UK - 45
SC - 38
This is a statement game for UK and I think they realize that. They may have a good defense, but they lost their best player in Brinkley and lost a leader on the field. Plus SC's offense is terrible.

Kentucky - 42
USC - 14
I think UK can win this one, but it probably will be a tough one. I just hope to see one of our players maybe "accidentally run into Spurrier on the sideline during a play and maybe break a leg or something, or at least knock the crap out of him.
blackcat Wrote:This is a statement game for UK and I think they realize that. They may have a good defense, but they lost their best player in Brinkley and lost a leader on the field. Plus SC's offense is terrible.

Kentucky - 42
USC - 14
Losing Brinkley certainly hurt Carolina's defense, but I don't see this being a victory for either team over 14 points. This is UK's 3rd nationally televised game (1 being on the road in the SEC), so we know they can handle the pressure. Little, Dixon and Locke will be key in this game. SC has a the best pass defense of anyone UK has faced this season, so the running backs will have to gain some yards and make the defense play up in the box and allow Woodson to throw the ball down field. If UK's defense can play a full 60 minutes of football, instead of waiting until the 2nd half, we should be fine. Mitchell is a good QB, and we saw what kind of night Brohm had. In the end, Spurrier goes down for the first time against a UK team:

UK - 42
SC - 35
South Carolina at home is one of the most underrated "tough games" in college football. This will be the beginning of the hell stretch. South Carolina will absolutely be ready to play, and UK had better bring their A-game, or the Top 10 will be a distant and sweet memory. I think UK will win a very sloppy, tough, and punishing game, 21-17...Good luck Cats!! Hopefully it'll be ONE and 14 against Spurrier..
I think UK will go in and maybe start off to a slow start defensively giving up an early score , but will settle down and stop the Gamecocks. Woodson will have another stellar game.

UK - 38
SC - 24
More Cowbell Wrote:This will be a very tough game this week. For some reason, in recent years UK has gone into the game with South Carolina with a decent shot to win, but has not been able to close the deal. And of course we all know how little respect Spurrier has for Kentucky football. But Carolina also struggled with Mississippi State at home yesterday before pulling away in the fourth quarter.

So, what do we need to do to win? We all know Carolina has a strong defense, by far the strongest UK has faced so far. And their pass defense has been especially strong so far, holding their opponent to under 100 yards through the air in 3 of their 5 games. The best effort so far was by Georgia QB Matt Stafford, who threw for 213 yards but completed 19 of 44 passes to do it. Carolina has also only given up 2 passing TD's all year, and has grabbed 6 INT's. Now, they haven't faced a passing attack as good as ours yet, but that would certainly be going against the strength of the Gamecocks.

However, while Carolina has been strong against the pass this year, they are vulnerable to the run. Their opponents have gained good yardage on the ground all year, including games of 290, 252, 196, 140, and 128 yards. So Rafael Little and company should find ample room to run, and hopefully wear down the Carolina defense in the process.

Our defense has been adequate this year, giving up a lot of yardage but at least doing a decent job of keeping the other team out of the end zone. If the Wildcat offense stalls, we may need the D to step up, get some 3-and-outs, and maybe force a turnover or two.

In the end, I think the Cats will be able to pull off the win. I just don't think South Carolina's offense can keep up on the scoreboard with ours. I'll go with...

Kentucky 35
South Carolina 27

Nice post! Our running attack will really be the difference in this game. Woodson had great accuracy in the Florida Atlantic game so if he can continue that trend into the USC game with their pss defense, I think that UK should edge out the Gamecocks. So gameplan for UK, run down their throats, ware them out, pass with accuracy. UK should win this one in a tight one.
UK-35
USC-31
Come on Cats! Make us the first bowl eligble team in America!!
A very small breakdown of the numbers and stats on this game from ESPN.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/preview?gameId=272772579
By the numbers I think it looks good for UK.
Kentucky!!!
Kentucky in a close one.
Went to last years game and Kentucky really had a lot of oppurtunities to win that game but couldn't pull out a win. Wildcat offense is going to get theres in this game and the South Carolina defense knows that, but I do not see no stopping Woodson, Little, and Burton and the rest of Kentucky's weapons. Key to this game is how impressive the defense looks against the run and QB Blake Mitchell. Yet another primetime game and yet another tough road game in the SEC, they have proved they can get the job done and I see the same outcome in this one, should be a high scoring affair.

UK- 41
USC- 28
A small factor that may play into UK's favor is the youth of SC's QB. He has never played in a high profile game like the one this Thursday. Also, SC lost their MLB for the season at LSU. That may help out a little on the running game.

UK-34
SC-27
Kentucky-44
South Carolina-27
i love seeing everyone positive its great. We dont really have to worry about the run against Carolina all we need to do is get some pressure on the QB and take care of the trash in the secondary and we will be just fine. We need to establish the running game early so we can get some play action in there and let Mr. Woodson do his majic. Honestly i believe this game will come down to whose line can produce the most time for their QB nuff said.

UK 35
SC 21
What happened to Mitchell? I know that Smelley (think thats his name) played last week v.s. Mississippi State. So I assume he is starting again Thursday?

GRIZZ Wrote:A small factor that may play into UK's favor is the youth of SC's QB. He has never played in a high profile game like the one this Thursday. Also, SC lost their MLB for the season at LSU. That may help out a little on the running game.

UK-34
SC-27
-STATS- Wrote:What happened to Mitchell? I know that Smelley (think thats his name) played last week v.s. Mississippi State. So I assume he is starting again Thursday?

He broke like a big toe or hurt his knee. It's one or the other, but they said it was a season ending injury. He was a beast last year and had a great start to this year before the injury cut it short.
If Mitchell is for sure out, that will increase UK's chances for a BIG win. He was a great player, who could possibly picked apart UK's defense like Brohm did.
I'm talking about their all conference MLB, not their other QB. He was a stud on the field and that will greatly help UK's chances at running it up the middle.
That is a huge loss for the Gamecocks and the ole ball coach. Well I could understand if he was out for the season due to a knee injury because it is one of the main body parts, but if is a broken toe and hes out for season? I don't know about that, lol just according to what kind of injury it is though.

GRIZZ Wrote:He broke like a big toe or hurt his knee. It's one or the other, but they said it was a season ending injury. He was a beast last year and had a great start to this year before the injury cut it short.
I thought his name was Brinkley? I remember seeing a Linebacker getting injured and out for the season due to a bad knee.

GRIZZ Wrote:I'm talking about their all conference MLB, not their other QB. He was a stud on the field and that will greatly help UK's chances at running it up the middle.
-STATS- Wrote:I thought his name was Brinkley? I remember seeing a Linebacker getting injured and out for the season due to a bad knee.

It may have been knee injury and it was Jasper Brinkley. Here is his bio.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m...per00.html
Pages: 1 2