Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky ranked #8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new AP poll came out and Kentucky drops to 8th, which I think they deserve 7th since South Florida jumped in front of them. Also LSU jumps in front of USC for the 1 spot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
We're also 8th in the coaches poll behind Florida but ahead of South Florida.
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna complain about where we are, we're in the top ten with a good chance to beat South Carolina and go 6-0....if we can do that...top 5.
He lets hope for a BCS Bowl!!! I think we can play with any team in the country. Just our D needs to improve.
Thats awesome news for the Cats!
Man I am so glad UK is now in the top 10! Awesome stuff really is.
Thats awesome way to go CATS
Dont look now but the Cats from the past are back. We have officaly proven that UK football is back and on a vengence. Just a few years ago we couldnt get a good football coach now ppl would be jumping at the oppurtunity.
#8...I thought I'd never see a day where Kentucky Football is ranked in the top 10 and in first place in the SEC Eastern Division...This is simply remarkable baby !!!

5 and 0-hhh Baby !!!!

Here come the CATS !!!

Whooooooooooaaaaaaaaa C-A-TS, Cats! Cats ! Cats !
TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho Congrats to the #8 Wildcats..
WOOO!!!:rockon:
ComfortEagle Wrote:Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna complain about where we are, we're in the top ten with a good chance to beat South Carolina and go 6-0....if we can do that...top 5.
The only way that'll happen is if everybody realizes how terrible the Big10 is and drops Ohio State and Wisconsin.Big Grin
Some other things to think about...

-UK is the second-highest ranked SEC team in the AP poll, behind LSU.

-UK is ranked in the top 10, while Tennessee and Louisville still sit outside the polls completely.

-UK is ranked ahead of the defending national champion Gators in the AP poll.

When is the last time you could say any of this???
WOO...this is awesome!...Lets go beat the Ole Ball Coach this thursday and try to break into the top 5!!!!!
This is the first time in the Top 10 for UK since 1977.
I was watching College GameDay Final last night, and saw where Desmond Howard had UK #5 on his list of top teams. It was then I started thinking, "This isn't UK basketball. This is UK football." I'm not used to seeing UK football in the polls, not to mention Top 10. This is awesome stuff. ESPN the magazine said, "When you score like Kentucky does, a game's never over. Throw in a turnover or two, and UK could beat anybody." The next 3 games (SC, LSU, FLA) will really show what kind of team this is. Let's go get 'em, Cats!
well...as much as it absolutely tickles me to death that UK is in the Top 10, it tickles me even more that the pollsters FINALLY recognized LSU as the number one team in the country. Ive been crying and screaming all year, and finally they are where they should be. USC couldnt carry LSU's jock straps.
More Cowbell Wrote:Some other things to think about...

-UK is the second-highest ranked SEC team in the AP poll, behind LSU.

-UK is ranked in the top 10, while Tennessee and Louisville still sit outside the polls completely.

-UK is ranked ahead of the defending national champion Gators in the AP poll.

When is the last time you could say any of this???

UK is poised to be a BCS team. In the driver's seat of the east division in the #1 conference in the country with the #1 team in LSU. If we get past these next three games we can really see where UK may wind up. BCS here we come!!!
See guys the Cats are ranked 8th.Somewhere on here someone said lets be realistic.They were talking about the Cats being ranked in the top ten and even Desmond Howard had them at 5.Cats are really that good.Going to UK sure doesnt guarantee someone will see clearly how good they are.Unbelievable lack of faith in Kentucky's talent level.
^I'm not seeing anywhere on here where anyone said there was a lack of talent.
This is awesome! Keep it up Cats!!