Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (14) Kentucky 45 Florida Atlantic 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky goes 5-0 way to go CATS
I was sad to see Andre Woodson finally throw an interception but he got a much deserved standing ovation from the crowd. Short week now to prepare for SC who will be ready after an easy win today .
Cats played a good one and I was also sad when he threw the pick but hey atleast the record is his now. WTG CATS>
If UK wants to have any chance against SC or FLA or TENN or GA, their defense has to play better early. It takes this defense too long to get things going. FLA ATL converted way too many 3rd and long opportunities early on, and it led to 10 first half points. If they don't make stops against the SEC teams, they could be in trouble. I know the offense is good enough to bring them back, but you have to make stops on defense, and more often than not, UK's defense takes a while to get into the groove of making big stops. Congrats, nonetheless on the win, UK. Let's turn our attention to Spurrier and the Gamecocks.
SC struggled with Mississippi State early today. They are more of a passing team. If they don't have a lot of blown coverages Thursday then I think they will do just fine. This will be SC's Freshman QB first test against a pretty solid team so it will be interesting to see how he reacts.
I dont think the interception was really a bad thing, it took some weight off of his shoulders. Good win by UK, look for them to break the top 10 in the new polls.
This Ky team is the best by far since the team that only lost one game but was on probation.Considering Louisville was mentioned last year and at the first of this year as possible national champ contender,,if the Cats would go indefeated and they could,,,they will be playing for a national championship.Is it likely?More likey than appy state beating Michigan.
I think the Cats will handle Lsu in lexington!!
The thing that i am really impressed with, is that this team is not getting a big head at all. They are not looking ahead they are focusing on the task ahead which shows alot about how Brooks takes care of his team. I am happy he threw the pick today b/c now he wont be hearing ohhhh thats another one to the books now it will be good pass now lets run the next play and win this game boys.
Kentucky played real well today. The defense give up some third down conversions but overall it was a well played game. Steve Johnson, Dicky Lyons, and Keenan Burton had some big days. The only pass that Andre threw up for grabs was the one that was picked. Defense didn't bring alot of heat to the quarterback, and he made them play at times. FAU is a fine ball club nothing bad about them at all. Congrats Cats!
Congrats Wildcats... 5-0
Way to go Cats!
I would much rather have Andre throw the interception to an inferior opponent instead of throwing it during a big game like SC, LSU or Florida. It is actually a blessing that he will not have it taking his focus away for the next three games.
Anyways, on the the game. I think that we played up to expectations. As people on here have said, our defense started out a little slow but pulled together quite nicely. Offense did not skip a beat, they looked awesome as usual. Woodson, though he made the intercetion, had an amazing game, throwing for the 5 TDs. I think that UK place the correct amount of focus into this game and did a great job getting past a sleeper game. Now it is on to a very VERY IMPORTANT game for the SEC east! I can not believe I am saying that! COME ON CATS!!! WRAP UP THAT BOWL GAME 6 WEEKS INTO THE SEASON!
Good win over a solid team! Now the real season begins! GO CATS!!! OUR TIME TO BEAT THE OL' BALL COACH!!
Congratulations to the Cats on a solid win yesterday! Although the final margin was not as much as the Kent State game, UK actually played a much better game and was in control of the game from the start. Once the score got to 28-10 in the second quarter, the outcome was pretty much settled.

Also props go to Andre Woodson, who although he threw a pick yesterday still had a solid game with over 300 yards and 5 TD's. Good numbers to add to his Heisman campaign.