Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2021-2022 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Covid allows a season what are predictions
Gonna be a toss up between the top 5.
1 Paintsville
2 Pikeville
3 East Ridge
4 Belfry
5 JC
I really like this East Ridge team, but my gut does say Pikeville is the favorite if Worrix is eligible
1. Pikeville
2. Martin county
3. East ridge
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Betsy layne
7. Pike County central
8. Lawrence County
9. Johnson central
10. Magoffin county
11. Prestonsburg
12. Shelby Valley
13. Floyd central
14. Phelps
15. Jenkins
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. East Ridge
4. Betsy Layne
5. Belfry
6. Lawrence County
7. Pike Central
8. Johnson Central
9. Martin County
10. Magoffin County
11. Shelby Valley
12. Floyd Central
13. Prestonsburg
14. Phelps
15. Jenkins
With the transfer Belfry got Monday, Oct. 4th. Its thier region to lose.
^Lol
Who is the big kid JC appears to have gotten? Looked to be 6'5"+.
(10-07-2021, 11:47 AM)Creeker Wrote: [ -> ]Who is the big kid JC appears to have gotten?  Looked to be 6'5"+.

Possibly Ryan Rose from Prestonsburg? I heard a rumor he was headed there over the summer.
Until proven different Paintsville is King of the 15th. There are several teams that can challenge for that title this year. We can’t get a true feel for that till all transfers are ruled upon by a truly dis functional group called KHSAA . Pikeville is one of those so is Belfry. East Ridge returns a great group that plays great together. Never rule Johnson Central out. Shelby Valley has good group coming back and if comes down to coaching Rowe is outstanding. Should be fun year to watch. 15th talent level this year is much better than has been in past few years.
Paintsville is the defending Champs so they're the king of the hill until proven otherwise not to mention they have the 2nd best player in the region in fugate. Before injuries last year Pikeville was the IMO the favorite last year and they return everyone from that roster and if rumors are true add worrix that not only makes them scary to the 15th but a top contender throughout the state depending on how Sammons comes back from injury. He was and if he's atleast 80% he still is the best player in that region, pikeville may be the deepest team in the region also they have atleast 2 kids off the bench who be a #2 or #3 option on every other team in the region. East ridge also returns the core but the depth may be a problem. Belfry is new and getting new everyday. Time will tell whether they can co exist. Johnson central is well JC Tommy is a amazing coach and they have a great 1 2 punch with the Mckenzie kid and rose from Prestonsburg. With as big as that school is they will find the athletes to fill the void. Betsy Layne will win the 58th again but I think it's going to be tougher than they expect. Yes they return everyone from that team except Rainey who transferred but depth will be their biggest problem to me. Newsome likes to press and run and until Frazier comes back he has a unproven 5'4 sophmore who played minimum minutes and a 8th grader coming off the bench. When fraizer comes back is the team going to gel again robinson took over last year in the districts and became the #1 option and proved he could do it and will do it again this season to start. Will he be willing to give that up back to Frazier once he returns or will Frazier be ok with robinson taking over as #1 the spot he's had since he was a freshman. Floyd Central is still 1 year away. Yes they added Hopkins from Prestonsburg and Rainey from BL and that gives them the pieces they didn't have last year but they're still 1 year away from competing at the top. Lawrence returns Adkins and maynard and that will keep them in most games but after that they will struggle to points on the board outside of those 2. Martin County has dingus and he will be given the green light but they won't make much noise. They will be a mid field team. Prestonsburg is young but Huff is on the right path of building that program. He's about 3 years from competing g in the 58th which to me is the weakest district in the region and one of the weakest in the state.. Pike Central Valley Magoffin and Phelps idk much about
My Top 4 is
Pikeville 
BL
Paintsville
East Ridge
Gonna be a toss up between the top 10
1 Paintsville
2 Pikeville
3 East Ridge
4 Belfry
5 Betsy layne
6. Martin county
7. Pike County central
8. Johnson central
9. Magoffin county
10. Lawrence county
Multiple factors will effect who is and stays on top of the 15th. Health, Eligible players and Coaching.
With that said you have to put Paintsville,Pikeville and Johnson Central in the hunt. All 3 are solid in all of those. Coaching will play big part when we get to the regional tournament and that’s where several other schools loose the battle.
after watching maroon madness Pikeville is my #1 in the 15th region. I despise pre season polls but I would go
1.Pikeville
2. Belfry
3. Paintsville
4. Betsy Layne
5. East Ridge
* Betsy Layne is a team that really intrigues me, they played with a lot of heart last year in the post season without their best player. Pikeville is gonna just be nasty and hard to beat. Panthers are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were last year at this point.