Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why are people still not getting the Covid vaccine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It completely boggles my mind why people are refusing to get the vaccine, with the exception of a very small percentage who have legitimate medical reasons, whose risk of catching it is greatly increased by the others who will not get vaccinated. 

If you haven't received the vaccine, please tell us why.
I am fully vaccinated but it is very safe to say a pretty large percentage of the population does not trust the government or the media or big pharma...not to mention Covid has a 99.7% or so survival rate...
(08-26-2021, 02:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I am fully vaccinated but it is very safe to say a pretty large percentage of the population does not trust the government or the media or big pharma...not to mention Covid has a 99.7% or so survival rate...
Survival rates for COVID-19 misrepresented in posts (apnews.com)
^AP misrepresents the fatality rate for COVID. vector never misses an opportunity to echo a lie.

Treatment of COVID has improved dramatically since the beginning of the pandemic. A random person's chances of surviving COVID-19 with medical treatment in this country is over 99 percent. The study cited by the AP is for "known" cases and we know that many young people get COVID but are asymptomatic and are not counted among the infected.

Most people younger than 50 years old are at very little risk of dying from COVID-19.
(08-26-2021, 05:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]^AP misrepresents the fatality rate for COVID. vector never misses an opportunity to echo a lie.

Treatment of COVID has improved dramatically since the beginning of the pandemic. A random person's chances of surviving COVID-19 with medical treatment in this country is over 99 percent. The study cited by the AP is for "known" cases and we know that many young people get COVID but are asymptomatic and are not counted among the infected.

Most people younger than 50 years old are at very little risk of dying from COVID-19.
Quooter glad to see you are coming around on my point about the death rates after the vaccine. Majority of NY an NJ deaths happened before the vaccine now what we are seeing is in Trump Country where people are not taking the vaccine the deaths are piling up just ask the funeral homes down their.
Quooter basic math is 1% of Americans will not survive if they catch that Nasty Trump Flu in the ballpark of around 3.2 million people if every body catch's the Nasty Trump Flu.
I am fully vaccinated, but I struggled to make that decision. I've had Histoplasmosis and recently Pertussis. Given that I used to smoke and did so for most of my life, I realized that if I caught Covid my lungs would most likely fail. There are few web sites that I trust to give informed and nonpolitical information. Johns Hopkins is one of only a few that I frequent. According to a different web site, the mortality rate with the Delta variant's recent increase is 1.6%.

I'm thankful that I've been vaccinated and will take the third shot as a booster when/if it becomes available.

I would warn against using web sites that are politically biased in reporting Covid statistics.
(08-26-2021, 02:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I am fully vaccinated but it is very safe to say a pretty large percentage of the population does not trust the government or the media or big pharma...not to mention Covid has a 99.7% or so survival rate...

COVID has that survival rate as long as the medical system can hold out.  When it gets overrun and starts to run out of supplies that survival rate will plunge. 

Imagine being intubated and the hospital can't sedate you because it is out.  Shy
(08-27-2021, 10:24 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]I am fully vaccinated, but I struggled to make that decision.  I've had Histoplasmosis and recently Pertussis.  Given that I used to smoke and did so for most of my life, I realized that if I caught Covid my lungs would most likely fail.  There are few web sites that I trust to give informed and nonpolitical information.  Johns Hopkins is one of only a few that I frequent.  According to a different web site, the mortality rate with the Delta variant's recent increase is 1.6%. 

I'm thankful that I've been vaccinated and will take the third shot as a booster when/if it becomes available.

I would warn against using web sites that are politically biased in reporting Covid statistics.
So that's a NO on the worm medicine Granny don't blame you I ain't taking it either.
Natural immunity is the reason that I have not rushed to get a jab. I am skeptical of news reports such as those cited by the village idiots, which push misleading statistics from what may or may not be valid studies. I also trust the Israeli government more than I do the Biden administration. Vaccinations should not be part of a political agenda.
Quote:New Israeli Study Finds Fully Vaccinated People are at “Greater Risk of Hospitalization” and 13 TIMES MORE LIKELY to Catch Covid-19 Than Those Who Have Recovered and Have Natural Immunity

A new study out of Israel has seemingly confirmed that individuals who have natural immunity have better protection against the NEW DELTA VARIANT than people who are fully vaccinated.

The team of researchers, from Maccabi Healthcare and Tel Aviv University, published their study earlier this week to medRxiv.org.
Quote:‘This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, ‘ the team of researchers wrote
Not just a little bit better either. People who have taken both doses of the Pfizer jab are 13 TIMES more likely to have a breakthrough infection, and are even at a “greater risk for Covid-19 hospitalizations.”

The researchers conducted an extensive study on 800,000 individuals that were broken into 3 groups. People who had received either one or two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine were compared with unvaccinated individuals who have natural immunity, because they had already recovered from the virus.
(08-27-2021, 11:08 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Natural immunity is the reason that I have not rushed to get a jab. I am skeptical of news reports such as those cited by the village idiots, which push misleading statistics from what may or may not be valid studies. I also trust the Israeli government more than I do the Biden administration. Vaccinations should not be part of a political agenda.
Quote:New Israeli Study Finds Fully Vaccinated People are at “Greater Risk of Hospitalization” and 13 TIMES MORE LIKELY to Catch Covid-19 Than Those Who Have Recovered and Have Natural Immunity

A new study out of Israel has seemingly confirmed that individuals who have natural immunity have better protection against the NEW DELTA VARIANT than people who are fully vaccinated.

The team of researchers, from Maccabi Healthcare and Tel Aviv University, published their study earlier this week to medRxiv.org.
Quote:‘This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, ‘ the team of researchers wrote
Not just a little bit better either. People who have taken both doses of the Pfizer jab are 13 TIMES more likely to have a breakthrough infection, and are even at a “greater risk for Covid-19 hospitalizations.”

The researchers conducted an extensive study on 800,000 individuals that were broken into 3 groups. People who had received either one or two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine were compared with unvaccinated individuals who have natural immunity, because they had already recovered from the virus.
Good luck Dr. Hooter.  Several studies have revealed the loss of IQ points to Covid.  
How many times have you had it?
(08-28-2021, 12:13 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2021, 11:08 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]Natural immunity is the reason that I have not rushed to get a jab. I am skeptical of news reports such as those cited by the village idiots, which push misleading statistics from what may or may not be valid studies. I also trust the Israeli government more than I do the Biden administration. Vaccinations should not be part of a political agenda.

Good luck Dr. Hooter.  Several studies have revealed the loss of IQ points to Covid.  
You should worry about yourself. You cannot afford to lose any of the few IQ points that you have.
(08-28-2021, 12:16 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2021, 12:13 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

You should worry about yourself. You cannot afford to lose any of the few IQ points that you have.
Big Grin
Israel vaccinated fast. God’s chosen people didn’t hesitate to get the “mark of the beast.”

Their vaccine may be running out 9 months in.
Old Mitch is starting to worry some he's losing voters every day

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/31/politics/...index.html
https://www.wymt.com/2021/09/02/arh-haza...-capacity/

Since the Republicans have tied the Governors hand what are they going to do ?
The dog has caught the car what's next ?
(09-02-2021, 02:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.wymt.com/2021/09/02/arh-haza...-capacity/

Since the Republicans have tied the Governors hand what are they going to do ?
The dog has caught the car what's next ?
Woah

Sad news right there.  My hometown hospital said don't come here unless it's an emergency.  

30 school districts shut down.  My money is on double that by next week.
Wonder where this guy got this idea from or who did he get it from I recall someone suggestion this at one time

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical...hp&pc=U531
(09-04-2021, 06:51 PM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder where this guy got this idea from or who did he get it from I recall someone suggestion this at one time

No idea. 
any idiot who kills their kid with bleach, horse wormer, or hcq should be charged with murder. 

If we are pro life then we are pro life.
(09-05-2021, 01:40 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2021, 06:51 PM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder where this guy got this idea from or who did he get it from I recall someone suggestion this at one time

No idea. 
any idiot who kills their kid with bleach, horse wormer, or hcq should be charged with murder. 

You aren't pro - life. You voted for Pedo Joe.

No idea. 

Wow you combined 3 debunked liberal lies into one idiotic post. A new low for you.
(09-05-2021, 07:22 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

No idea. 

Wow you combined 3 debunked liberal lies into one idiotic post. A new low for you.
Four if you include the lie in which he counts himself among pro-life Americans. He is running up the score over vector by cramming so many lies into one post. He already has an insurmountable lead.
^^^I agree but you can never count vector out lol

No idea. 

People have taken all three to stave off Covid to their own detriment.

(09-05-2021, 05:41 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

No idea. 

You aren't pro - life. You voted for Pedo Joe.
1.  Absolutely I’m pro-life inside and outside the womb. That’s where we differ, Hooter. 

B. That’s funny, Hooter, especially since Republican congressmen and big wigs have recently found themselves in deep doo doo for having sexual entanglements with underage girls.
(09-06-2021, 10:19 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]

No idea. 

Out of a world of billions of people, a few have done almost any stupid thing that one can imagine. However, your repeated reference to ivermectin prescribed by doctors as "horse wormer" is nothing but disinformation, as most of your posts are. Many reputable doctors and scientists believe that ivermectin is an effective treatment for COVID although it has not been used long enough for adequate peer-reviewed testing to confirm its effectiveness. Needless to say, such scientists and doctors are smarter than you are, but I will say it anyway. You are nothing but a parrot of communist disinformation.
(09-06-2021, 10:30 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]

No idea. 

Out of a world of billions of people, a few have done almost any stupid thing that one can imagine. However, your repeated reference to ivermectin prescribed by doctors as "horse wormer" is nothing but disinformation, as most of your posts are. Many reputable doctors and scientists believe that ivermectin is an effective treatment for COVID although it has not been used long enough for adequate peer-reviewed testing to confirm its effectiveness. Needless to say, such scientists and doctors are smarter than you are, but I will say it anyway. You are nothing but a parrot of communist disinformation.
95% of physicians have had the vaccine.  They are a hell of a lot smarter than either of us yet you trivialize the vaccine, Hooter. 

many? that’s extremely vague. On purpose I know.  Are you a Russian bot? 

Less than 5% would be willing to prescribe ivermectin for Covid.

Even fewer would encourage people to buy it at the feed store and take it. 

but by all means squirt it down your freedumb yelling throats.  My post said if you treat your kids with it you should go to jail.

No idea. 

"Many reputable doctors and scientists"
Quooter would like to see there stock portfolio or maybe it's like the opioid crisis giving doctors perks or bonuses to prescribe there drug

Or just Bat Sh!t Crazy
(09-06-2021, 11:21 AM)vector#1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2021, 01:40 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. 

"Many reputable doctors and scientists"
Quooter would like to see there stock portfolio or maybe it's like the opioid crisis giving doctors perks or bonuses to prescribe there drug

Or just Bat Sh!t Crazy
It’s funny how Hooter and company want to legitimize quacks that are in the extreme minority, but don’t want to listen to the extreme majority. Sad!
(09-06-2021, 11:13 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2021, 01:40 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. 

95% of physicians have had the vaccine.  They are a hell of a lot smarter than either of us yet you trivialize the vaccine, Hooter. 

many? that’s extremely vague. On purpose I know.  Are you a Russian bot? 

Less than 5% would be willing to prescribe ivermectin for Covid.

Even fewer would encourage people to buy it at the feed store and take it. 

but by all means squirt it down your freedumb yelling throats.  My post said if you treat your kids with it you should go to jail.
Liar. I am not doing your research. You are the one parroting propaganda with no factual basis. Your 5 percent number might be right in this country because Democrat politicians and the political hacks at the CDC are threatening doctors who do prescribe ivermectin to patients but you are way off base if you look beyond the U.S. Much of this hysteria was caused by a Rolling Stone article that falsely reported that there were a large number of ivermectin poisoning cases in Oklahoma that had filled so many beds that there was no room for gunshot victims. The story was widely disseminated and later completely debunked by the hospital mentioned in the article. Fools like you don't bother themselves with facts and that is how they end up defending incompetent boobs like Joe Biden.
The 95% of vaccinated physicians is correct. I was being generous with 5% of quacks would consider prescribing ivermectin.

Did you actually read the article or spoon fed the bs as usual?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...d-1220608/

“Update: One hospital has denied Dr. Jason McElyea’s claim that ivermectin overdoses are causing emergency room backlogs and delays in medical care in rural Oklahoma, and Rolling Stone has been unable to independently verify any such cases as of the time of this update.
The National Poison Data System states there were 459 reported cases of ivermectin overdose in the United States in August. Oklahoma-specific ivermectin overdose figures are not available, but the count is unlikely to be a significant factor in hospital bed availability in a state that, per the CDC, currently has a 7-day average of 1,528 Covid-19 hospitalizations. The doctor is affiliated with a medical staffing group that serves multiple hospitals in Oklahoma. Following widespread publication of his statements, one hospital that the doctor’s group serves, NHS Sequoyah, said its ER has not treated any ivermectin overdoses and that it has not had to turn away anyone seeking care. This and other hospitals that the doctor’s group serves did not respond to requests for comment and the doctor has not responded to requests for further comment. We will update if we receive more information.”

This story? Hmmm…doctor says one thing and one hospital disputes it. The disputing hospital wasn’t mentioned in either the Rolling stone article or the local Tv station that originally reported the crisis. Sounds like disinformation has thrown the baby out with the bath water.
Pages: 1 2 3