Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Keian Worrix Transfers to Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Worrix takes advantage of the supplemental year and returns for his senior season and transfer to Pikeville from Shelby Valley. 

You have to think this move makes Pikeville the front runner for the 15th region preseason rankings
^^^They were already the frontrunner but this makes them pretty much a lock if no injuries...Pikeville basketball has been snakebit with injuries more than any team in any sport in KY...If everyone is healthy they can play with anyone in any class, anywhere...
He should be ruled immediately ineligible.
(08-24-2021, 09:27 AM)TRex34 Wrote: [ -> ]He should be ruled immediately ineligible.

Please explain or are you butt hurt
On paper should make Pikeville a lock for the 15th.
I thought if u held back u had to stay at the same school with same classes.
This is a great addition for Pikeville. But they return everyone so who’s spot does he take. Hall has been the PG since a freshman. Worrix is better PG but how will this effect chemistry. How will he fit in with best player in the region Riley Sammons On paper looks great but these transfers don’t always go as planned
Thought the rule stated you had to go back to the school you graduated from. No transferring. This is the dumbest thing KY could have done any way. Just dumb. Not like any basketball seasons were missed. Only male sport not played was baseball. Only in Ky.
Two things

1. Like you are saying he took the extra year deal and it suppose to repeat at the school he was at year prior

2. He should’ve been ruled ineligible if he didn’t transfer prior to may 1st

Be interesting how this one turns out
KHSAA has no backbone if they let this go through. The bill was stupid in the first place. I wish him the best of luck, but this doesn’t make any sense.
(08-26-2021, 08:42 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: [ -> ]KHSAA has no backbone if they let this go through. The bill was stupid in the first place. I wish him the best of luck, but this doesn’t make any sense.
They have the same backbone they had when all those Prestonsburg boys drove to Paintsville every day to to play football. And Inez, and Salyersville, and Louisa, and Huntington, and LCA, and on and on...
There wasnt a 5th year plan in place back then either.

Enforce the rules if you are going to make them.
(08-26-2021, 11:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2021, 08:42 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: [ -> ]KHSAA has no backbone if they let this go through. The bill was stupid in the first place. I wish him the best of luck, but this doesn’t make any sense.
They have the same backbone they had when all those Prestonsburg boys drove to Paintsville every day to to play football. And Inez, and Salyersville, and Louisa, and Huntington, and LCA, and on and on...
Total different situation there buddy lmao. They left a middle school where they had a jerk of a coach and kids left and went to a school where they played 4 years for the same school and had the same opportunity for a 5th year at THE SAME SCHOOL. You don’t think if those kids thought they could they would have followed Chirico to GRC? Please explain to me how these are the same JP.
Hearing he may have enrolled at UPike
(08-26-2021, 08:21 PM)Sports72 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing he may have enrolled at UPike

What?
Is this even true
Can't be true. David and Darryl would have already made a big social media post if it were.
If this isn't true this thread should probably be deleted
(08-24-2021, 12:39 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]^^^They were already the frontrunner but this makes them pretty much a lock if no injuries...Pikeville basketball has been snakebit with injuries more than any team in any sport in KY...If everyone is healthy they can play with anyone in any class, anywhere...
Already the front runner! Lol.  Forgot Pikeville is always the front runner in everything no matter where they finished the year before. As for The addition, Warrix  is a solid point guard. Only negative will be can Pikeville insert another high minute guard and maintain good chemistry amongst the team? Be interesting to see how it turns out.

(08-26-2021, 11:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
You talking about the ones that transferred in middle school? They typically don’t say much about middle school kids transferring. Yea that one must still be stinging! Lol. Gotta get to a point in your life where you can let that one go Jet. Had your fingernails dug into it for too long. ?

Jet always worried about a 1A school with HALF the numbers as Pikeville smh. Now that’s funny.
(08-27-2021, 02:01 AM)Ekybballer Wrote: [ -> ]If this isn't true this thread should probably be deleted

He was at the first day of school for Pikeville. So the thread title is correct. What anyone says in here on the thread if you believe to be true and not just a free social platform that anyone can say anything. That’s something we can’t control.
Eligible
(09-17-2021, 07:54 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Eligible
Not a shocker. KHSAA has no backbone and kids are jumping around like pop corn popping. Happening all over the state.
(09-17-2021, 07:54 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Eligible
JOKE!
He is at pikeville and he is eligible. All you haters put that in your pipe and smoke it. If he had transferred to your school everything would be ok. ?
I have no problem with it. The kid done what he thought was best for himself. My question is why. From an outsider POV, he seemed like a die hard Shelby Valley kid and seemed like he loved it there watching him play. Did something happen that caused him to leave Valley?
David and Darryl just launched the alert 5 aircraft sponsored by Q95, Childers and Venters and Jenny Wiley Lodge to get this story out!!!!!!
(08-24-2021, 03:40 PM)14th_region_fan Wrote: [ -> ]On paper should make Pikeville a lock for the 15th.

First off ANY Paintsville fan on here complaining about a kid transferring is laughable.  Not only does it look like Pikeville will win the
15th on paper you should see them practice!  OFF THE CHARTS. Those of you worried about team chemistry, starter, etc... DONT. It looks like a completely different team then last year.  They look like they are having FUN again. Injuries stress a team and puts an undo burden on some players to carry the weight and we have seen a lot of that the last few years.  Its interesting because you would think there would be bad blood between Worrix and these guys, but that just aint so. These guys really like each other and know each really well form past summer teams.  You put Hall and Worrix in a pressing back court and you got problems getting the ball up the court. Mix that quickness with the length of these guys in the front court and you got a DANGEROUS defensive team.  Also you got 4-5 guys on the bench that could start on most teams. Considering the pace that this team is gonna play at you might see 8-9 guys in the rotation.  Its SHOWTIME in Pikevegas and I LOVE IT
Practice and on paper does not win anything. Injuries and egos will come into play and another team will come out of the 15th. Will shall see.
(09-24-2021, 07:16 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: [ -> ]Practice and on paper does not win anything. Injuries and egos will come into play and another team will come out of the 15th.  Will shall see.
No they won't. Not unless Pikeville has the worst luck with injuries on the planet again.
Will revisit in March. I will gladly take the field vs Pikeville.
Pages: 1 2 3