Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Woodson cracks Heisman Top 5!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Andre Woodson has climbed to #3 on ESPN.com's Heisman Watch list this week after his performance against Arkansas. Guys, we all know what kind of athlete he is. I think it's finally time the rest of the nation start realizing the same thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman07/index

**Just to make a point about the SEC being the most dominating conference in America. The top 3 candidates for the Heisman trophy at this point in the season are from the Southeastern Conference (Darrin McFadden, Arkansas; Tim Tebow, Florida; Andre Woodson, Kentucky). What a powerhouse conference this is!!!!!
Congrats Andre Woodson....keep the cats rolling.
Can't believe Brohm has dissappeared from that list. They may have lost 2 in a row, but look at his numbers.
Thats Great News. ESPN also has Kentucky playing Michigan in the Outback Bowl, and playing Penn State in the Outback Bowl.
outstanding!
I seen them bowl predictions. I think it's a lil crazy to be makin those predictions this early in the season. Nobody knows who is gonna win what games or what players will get hurt. A national championship prediction is common cause you always have those favored, but an entire bowl projection, that's a lil crazy.
C.A.T.S. I know we have a long shot but its better then none at all.
Redneck Wrote:Can't believe Brohm has dissappeared from that list. They may have lost 2 in a row, but look at his numbers.
He may have a lot of yards, but he also has 3 picks in two upset loses - not really heisman material.
Redneck Wrote:I seen them bowl predictions. I think it's a lil crazy to be makin those predictions this early in the season. Nobody knows who is gonna win what games or what players will get hurt. A national championship prediction is common cause you always have those favored, but an entire bowl projection, that's a lil crazy.

I agree 100%! We still have a lot of football yet to play this season. Hell, a 3 or 4 losses and we could end up in the Redneck Bowl! :yikes:
Redneck Wrote:Can't believe Brohm has dissappeared from that list. They may have lost 2 in a row, but look at his numbers.

It is very shocking to see how much the whole teams performance plays in to the heismen discussion. I don't really like the concept that the team must be up to par with the players talent. So if the cats somehow take a quick turn for the worse, Woodson's stock will go down aburptly even if he does his part in the stats dept.

Come on Woodson, beat FAU and SC and raise it even more!
In case anyone hasnt noticed ESPN is really pushing Woodson.
I was watching the Monday night football game and they were talking about Vince Young not have the best numbers, but he wins football games. Kind of reminds me of Woodson, even though he can put up some big numbers.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:It is very shocking to see how much the whole teams performance plays in to the heismen discussion. I don't really like the concept that the team must be up to par with the players talent. So if the cats somehow take a quick turn for the worse, Woodson's stock will go down aburptly even if he does his part in the stats dept.

Come on Woodson, beat FAU and SC and raise it even more!

If the teams performance plays apart in this, then McFadden should have dropped out also. Arkansas has been beaten by Alabama and Kentucky the last two weeks. I am by no means a Louisville fan but I love watching Brian Brohm (even when he was at Trinity and had the unbelievable performance agaist Michael Bush in the State Championship game.) He and Woodson both seem so calm in the pocket and make excellent decisions. IMO Brian Brohm and Woodson are the best two QB's in the nation and they both should be in the Heisman race.
HazzBeen Wrote:If the teams performance plays apart in this, then McFadden should have dropped out also. Arkansas has been beaten by Alabama and Kentucky the last two weeks. I am by no means a Louisville fan but I love watching Brian Brohm (even when he was at Trinity and had the unbelievable performance agaist Michael Bush in the State Championship game.) He and Woodson both seem so calm in the pocket and make excellent decisions. IMO Brian Brohm and Woodson are the best two QB's in the nation and they both should be in the Heisman race.

I am not saying that I don't think McFadden should not be in the discussion, in my opinion he should be in the top 3. I am just saying that the teams performance sometimes plays a major part in the heismen. I have read articles and news reports saying that Brohm and McFadden are almost out of the race for the fact that their teams are not winning. I am a huge Woodson fan but I still think that system is falwed. Trust me if Kentucky had lost to Louisville and Arkansas, I would still be saying that he DESERVES to be in the disscussion along with McFadden and Brohm.