Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Records....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
to you, what are some of the most memorable records and maybe some that you think will never get broken or some that you think are worth being kept...
i think Barry Bonds 73 homers in a season was just historical, even tho some juice may have contributed (lets remember, however, that this is not inteded to be about steriods) but i dont know if it will ever be broken, not in my lifetime anyways...o yea and i almost forgot about his 500 steals ad 500 homers club, that is a touhg record for anyone to get to...
I'm not sure of any.
come on tb u have to know some...
the record that will never be broken is the 56 game hitting streak of joe dimaggio
The asian dude from seattle. He has the single-season hits record. His name is in the tip of my tongue
The baseball player from Seattle is Ichiro Suzuki, and his single season hits record probably will not be broken. UCLA's 88 game win streak in men's basketball will be hard to break as well.
yeh ur right ucla's record will never be broken, no one will score more than 100 pts in an nba game, and no one will ever average a triple double for a season, theres just too many records that wont be touched ever
The most memorable record to me is one that was broken. The home run chase between Sosa and McGwire in what was in 98 was just huge. They were on commercials and everything it was huge. Bonds broke it but it wasnt that big I dont think.
UConn's lady Huskies win streak, Pete Rose hit record, Nolan Ryans no hitters, Maddux scoreless innings streak. Mannings TD's in a season but he might break that again this year. I have more but I think this is enough.
I like your records CatDawg
i dont...uconns streak might be ended cuz tennessee can have the same kind of performance, rose's hit record can be broken by some hitter that comes aloong, ryans no hitters will never be broken, and i thought it was orel hershisers scoreless inning streak not maddux?
Richard Petty's total cup wins.
lol..again with the nascar?? lmao

lets talk about records from REAL ATHLETES....lol
Scott Skiles 30 assist in a game record.
Wilt Chamberlain 100 points in a game.
i already said wilt
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:lol..again with the nascar?? lmao

HAHA you don't think that nascar drivers are athletic? :lol:
lol.....there not even close to bein athletes......sittin on their but and driving is not very athletic..lol
Didn't Maddux break Orel's? Maybe I'm just getting lost.
i really dont think saw...i think u all are talkin about the scoreless innning streak..if thats the case orel still has the record for that right?
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:lol.....there not even close to bein athletes......sittin on their but and driving is not very athletic..lol

They have to be in good shape physically and mentally to do what they do for 4-5 hours. Gordon raced over 100 laps once without power steering, I'm sure you or any NFL player couldn't do that.
"blackcat" Wrote:
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:lol..again with the nascar?? lmao

HAHA you don't think that nascar drivers are athletic? :lol:

haha if they were considered athletes then everyone who drove a automobile would be considered an athelte lol :lol:
According to Webster I would think that NASCAR drivers are athletes. They contend for a prize.They are trained in physical exercise or skilled in exercises, sports, and stamina. To contradict would be to say that a 300 lb. lineman in the NFL is not an athlete. On the lighter side however I believe I would rather tell Jeff Gordon he is not an athlete than break the news to the lineman. Just a thought.
OK I finally found what I was trying to talk about the other night. I was just a little confused. Orel Hershisers as FSU has stated holds the consecutive scoreless innings streak and it is 59.0 innings. The streak that I was thinking of involving Maddux was consecutive innings pitched without a walk, and it still stands at 72.1. Hope this clears that up.
Keeping on records.....

Ripkin Jr. -- straight games played -- I don't know if this is because the players arn't as tough or because managers feel that players need a night off so that they don't get injured. Then again, players take a game off for the stupidest things now-a-days.
Are they exactly the same?
good post BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!................

Ripkins record will never be broken cuz managers like to give their players a nite off every now and than to rest up for the postseason
I agree.
thanks man...also the record where this pitcher threw back to back no hitters....no one will ever throw 3 no hitters in a row
you got that right!
of course
Pages: 1 2