Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What are the chances of winning the Heisman for UK's Woodson?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the chances he wins heisman?
Well it's early in the season right now and his chances are looking great. Only if they gave out the award after the 4th game of the season, he would then be the winner IMO. But his chances are still very high, but so are some of the other great players in the Country. I really hope he wins it though.
I was looking yesterday at the Heisman watch on ESPN.com and some players' stats and that sort of thing. Colt Brennan and Brian Brohm are putting up some amazing numbers right now. However, the level of competition in the WAC and the Big East are not near the level in the SEC. If Woodson continues to lead this UK team, he should at least be invited to the ceremony. He doesn't throw for 400+ yards and 5 TDs every week, but neither did Troy Smith or Eric Crouch. Woodson's projected stats on ESPN.com are better than Smith's total stats last season. IMO, the Heisman isn't all about individual stats. I think the voters also take into consideration team success and leadership qualities, and right now, Woodson has those 2 things going for him. He has put this Wildcat team on his back, especially in the last 2 weeks, and they will go only as far as he carries them. What a turnaround this kid has made from a disappointing sophomore season. There is no reason on this earth, if he keeps playing like he is, that he shouldn't be in New York come December/January.
I agree with ya there man, especially the level of competition, UK is in by far the toughest conference in the country and they are one of only 3 undefeated teams left in the SEC along with Florida and LSU. Woodson has proved to everyone that he deserves the National attention. He is the catalyst of this team and like SOK said this UK team will go as far as he will carry them.

StrikeoutKing Wrote:I was looking yesterday at the Heisman watch on ESPN.com and some players' stats and that sort of thing. Colt Brennan and Brian Brohm are putting up some amazing numbers right now. However, the level of competition in the WAC and the Big East are not near the level in the SEC. If Woodson continues to lead this UK team, he should at least be invited to the ceremony. He doesn't throw for 400+ yards and 5 TDs every week, but neither did Troy Smith or Eric Crouch. Woodson's projected stats on ESPN.com are better than Smith's total stats last season. IMO, the Heisman isn't all about individual stats. I think the voters also take into consideration team success and leadership qualities, and right now, Woodson has those 2 things going for him. He has put this Wildcat team on his back, especially in the last 2 weeks, and they will go only as far as he carries them. What a turnaround this kid has made from a disappointing sophomore season. There is no reason on this earth, if he keeps playing like he is, that he shouldn't be in New York come December/January.
If Kentucky wins 8-10 games, then Andre has a great chance at winning this, and improving his draft status.
To win the Heisman....it'll probably take UofL taking another couple of losses, Brohm not being as potent as he has been on offense, and UK making a BCS game.
Don't they give out the heisman before they select the bowl games? I am confused on that one.

ComfortEagle Wrote:To win the Heisman....it'll probably take UofL taking another couple of losses, Brohm not being as potent as he has been on offense, and UK making a BCS game.
Yeah, sorry, I mean they should be projected for one.

I can see the rest of the nation understanding if we lose to UF and LSU, but any other losses and I think it's hurt his chances
If Kentucky would win the sec he would be in the final four.Other than that I dont think he makes the final 4.Time will tell.
tomcatin Wrote:If Kentucky would win the sec he would be in the final four.Other than that I dont think he makes the final 4.Time will tell.

I disagree. I think that if UK wins the east or even comes in second in the east he may be in the top 4. So if we are 10-2 going into the bowl season I think he has a good shot. Think about it, that means that he lead us to a win against South Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee. Three major wins like that and Woodson should be in good shape. :Thumbs:
I wouldnt disagree I would wait and see.Injury or anything would knock him out.Wait and see.
Right now he is a 15-1 favorite along with John David Booty from USC. Darren McFadden is at 12-1 odds, Mike Hart is 25-1 and the leader is Tim Tebow at 10-1.