Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be the best players and best teams in the 14th region this upcoming season?  What players “stayed back” and did any players transfer or any teams receive and transfers?
Breathitt probably the favorites. The entire starting 5 of Bellamy, Sperry, Hoskins, Turner and Collins are all dangerous players in their own way. Collins held back and came over from buckhorn. But all 5 of these kids then Andrew Combs and the other Bellamy played together at Jackson City. Look for this team to be major contenders. They will be a tough out for anyone in the 14th region tourney.
Adding Napier from Estill and Knight from Buckhorn makes Perry 10 points better than Breathitt.
(07-20-2021, 10:15 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Adding Napier from Estill and Knight from Buckhorn makes Perry 10 points better than Breathitt.

Put down the shine.
I’d say that Knott and Perry will be the top 2 in the 14th. Coach Noble may prove me wrong, but I’m not sure there will be enough balls to keep everyone happy on that team.
(07-20-2021, 10:15 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Adding Napier from Estill and Knight from Buckhorn makes Perry 10 points better than Breathitt.
Is it a done deal with Napier? Sources I have talked to said he is staying at estill. I don’t think 10 points better by know means. They match up well. But I do think they are the top 2 teams in the region this year. Knott lost a lot of scoring from last year. I think they are considered top 5. I may be wrong. And I guess we will have to wait a few more months and see how it goes. Gonna be interesting in any way you look at it.
Breathitt will most likely be the consensus pick to win the 14th this season. They haven’t been this loaded in quite a few years.
Their wont be enough balls for Breathitt. Be a lot of Drama in Jtown.
(07-20-2021, 10:58 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Their wont be enough balls for Breathitt.  Be a lot of Drama in Jtown.
Trying to figure out where the drama talk is coming from? And how there won’t be that many balls. This team played unselfish ball all summer. So if you know something none of us know. Please do tell. Since obviously you are a PCC homer. And according to you nobody won’t be able to carry their jock strap. How are they gonna share the ball? Whose gonna be the starters? Brock gonna give up his starting spot to McKnight is day gonna give his up to Napier? Let’s see how long that lasts and if there’s coach hoskins will have enough balls to go around there.
I've not heard much on Napier. I do know he always played on the We Elite summer team coached by both Shannon and Corey Hoskins. School starts in just a few short weeks so I guess we'll see what happens.
How Breathitt played during the summer doesn’t really mean that much. No one plays any defense in the summer, no one scouts, and the most athletic team wins 90% of the time. When the regular season starts teams will slow Breathitt down and make them play halfcourt basketball. When that happens there won’t be near as many shots to go around and that’s when they could have problems. They have 3-4 kids that want to shoot it every time they get it. If John can get them to buy in they will be really good but that’s a big if in my opinion.
(07-20-2021, 10:58 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Their wont be enough balls for Breathitt.  Be a lot of Drama in Jtown.

I agree to an extent.  Certain egos will have to be checked at the door.  (parents included)      And there will be some ruffled feathers.  But there will also be lots of Ws, and winning seems to make things go much more smooth. 

John will have his hands full.  But if he can do it, they will be my pick to cut down the nets come March.
I won't go that far but will say that adding Knight and Napier to a team that was very competitive in the region last year will make them legit contenders this coming year! Breathitt is getting all the attention, meanwhile the core of Pcc has played ball together all summer and beat teams that to look at them warming up youd think they would have got run out of the gym by 30!
Including a team that wore Breathitt out. I have read from Bobcat fans say they were short on manpower at that tournament. Ok. 4 of the 5 starters were there and some bench players were missing to!
I admit I'm no Bobcat fan but I recognize that they do have talent!
I'm just saying that Pcc have had a history of beating very talented teams all summer is all!
If Pcc has the roster they played with over the summer it will be a toss up.
(07-21-2021, 12:35 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]I've not heard much on Napier. I do know he always played on the We Elite summer team coached by both Shannon and Corey Hoskins. School starts in just a few short weeks so I guess we'll see what happens.

This is the first year this kid has played for the Hoskins or for We Elite. Watched him regularly in the dust bowl as well.
(07-30-2021, 01:22 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2021, 12:35 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: [ -> ]I've not heard much on Napier. I do know he always played on the We Elite summer team coached by both Shannon and Corey Hoskins. School starts in just a few short weeks so I guess we'll see what happens.

This is the first year this kid has played for the Hoskins or for We Elite. Watched him regularly in the dust bowl as well.

Not from what I've heard but again I don't keep up with summer ball.