Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (5) West Virginia vs. (18) South Florida
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins this big matchup? I think West Virginia is too much for the Bulls. The Bulls are good but I'll take the Mountaineers by two touchdowns.

West Virginia- 38
South Florida- 24
West Virginia
This game is Friday night in Tampa. South Florida went into Morgantown last season and pulled out the win. I know their win over Auburn doesn't look as good as it once did, but WV really has only played one decent team, Maryland. If SF can slow the rushing attack of Slayton, White, and Devine then they have a great shot because White cannot beat this bunch on his arm alone.

SF-24
WV-21
West Virgina will win this one, not because of the explosive duo, but now the explosive trio with White, Slaton and Devine.

WVU- 41
USF-32
-STATS- Wrote:West Virgina will win this one, not because of the explosive duo, but now the explosive trio with White, Slaton and Devine.

WVU- 41
USF-32

You got even add recevier Darius Reynud, hes also fast as lighten prolly the best athlete on the team...but I really like South Flordia defense.Coach Leavitt is a Defensive man and I think he'll have his team really.This will be a hell of a game IMO.

USF-38
WVU-35
Well I'll take back my prediction now. During halftime of tonights Boise St. vs. Southern Miss. game Lou Holtz gave a pep talk for South Florida. Currently teams are 0-3 that Lou has given the pep talk to. He gave one to Michigan after they got beat by Appy State, then he gave one for ND going into the Michigan game after they lost to Penn State, and last week the one for Penn State going into Ann Arbor. He is a great motivational speaker, but no matter what he says the team he always does it for comes out on the losing end. Now with him doing this I like:

WVU-24
USF-21
WVU in a close one through the first half. The tremendous trio of Slaton, White, and now Devine will be very tough to stop. WVU's defense is the key in this one though.

WVU-39
SF-17
If USF wants to stay in the game with a shot at winning it you have to stop their rushing attack and make Pat White beat you with his arm. Last year Slayton had 43 yards of rushing in the game and that is what allowed them to go into Morgantown to get the W. I know South Florida fans are very excited about this game. They have been camped outside the stadium ticket office since Tuesday to purchase what tickets are left. Should be a packed house at Raymond James tomorrow night.
Biggest difference in this years WV team and last year is the defense.Greatly improved!Look for WV to play their best game of the year tomorrow night and win by 2 touchdowns.This sure is a game West Virginia could lose if they turn the ball over.Look for Devine to do something explosive tomorrow night.Darius Renauld is the best athelete on the team and there full back who is 260 and runs a 4.7 forty is a beast.South Florida has a great quarterback and one of the best pass rushers in the country.I just feel WV will explode tomorrow night and get the big win.
The fullback has broke his facemask 8 times during his career from blocking people for the RB's or taking a punishing hit. He is a beast. WVU had better hope they don't go into tomorrow's game like they did against Marshall or they will not have a chance to come back. USF has a pretty strong offense and they will put up more points than Marshall did with the same opprotunities.
Good post Grizz!!!Devine will be playing in front of alot of his friends as will alot of WV players.They want this game real bad.Dont look for them to go into the game one bit over confident.It will be a war!!
West Virginia is down 14-0 in the second quarter and look more like Marshall!!
WVU down 21-13 in the fourth...