Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #14 Kentucky Wildcats!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky moves up 7 spots in the AP Polls after their big win over Arkansas. That is awesome!
can you believe that?
im not saying they dont deserve it or anything but seeing uk ranked in the top 15 in FOOTBALL!!!
way to go cats!!!!
Exactly..UNREAL AND INSANE..Already a special season! This is the year UT GOES DOWN!!! Would love to see us knock off one of the elites as well in Florida or LSU..Hell, Let's go for both!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Exactly..UNREAL AND INSANE..Already a special season! This is the year UT GOES DOWN!!! Would love to see us knock off one of the elites as well in Florida or LSU..Hell, Let's go for both!

:thumpsup:
AH MAN! That is awesome! We are seeing the best UK football team ever! I wonder just how far they can climb! If we beat SC I think top ten is not unreasonable!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:AH MAN! That is awesome! We are seeing the best UK football team ever! I wonder just how far they can climb! If we beat SC I think top ten is not unreasonable!

Kentucky would go to the top 10 with a win over South Carolina in two weeks. But Spurrier hates Kentucky, and it's on the road. We can win it but it won't be easy.
The 77 team or the 1950 team that beat then #1 Oklahoma at the Cotton Bowl are probably the best two teams to come from UK. This team has the players, poise, and a pretty good coaching staff that could make this a season for the ages. A National Title, probably not, but they have just about as good a chance to win the SEC East as Florida, and we have them at home. I just hope they don't come out one game and lay an egg and lose what they have built since the end of last season. UK is 9-1 in their last 10 games, that's pretty impressive.
alfus21 Wrote:Kentucky would go to the top 10 with a win over South Carolina in two weeks. But Spurrier hates Kentucky, and it's on the road. We can win it but it won't be easy.

We always seem to play SC close, if we can keep it close towards the end like we have the past two opponents then you have to like our chances. Andre and the rest of that Cats offense thrive under pressure, plus another game to get the O-line in gear and most of the injured healthy, UK may go in as the favorite.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:AH MAN! That is awesome! We are seeing the best UK football team ever! I wonder just how far they can climb! If we beat SC I think top ten is not unreasonable!
Not quite. That spot goes to the 1977 squad that had Derrick Ramsey, Art Still, and several other greats that went on to play in the NFL. That team finished 10-1, undefeated in the SEC, and was rated # 7 in the polls at the end of the season.
the Bear Bryant 1950 team that beat Oklahoma and ended their 31 game winning streak, and won the Sagarin ratings national championship (#1 at the end of the year), is the best team thats ever stepped on the field..but this team is definitely a top 3 or 4 alltime UK team..
Oklahoma beat an overrated Tulsa team, and Florida won on the road, and Oklahoma jumps past Florida. I'd LOVE to see Florida and Oklahoma play. Florida would beat them by 28 points. USC at number 1, which is garbage, LSU at 2, then Oklahoma and Florida. South Carolina is 11th, UK is 14th, Georgia is 15th, Bama is 22nd..nice list, but I dont agree at all with the top 4 teams..
I can't believe that UK is 4-0 and likely to be 5-0 starting this season.

I think after watching the Ole Miss/UF game, we have a chance at upsetting Florida. LSU is probably a no-chancer, but I think we could beat Florida on a good day.

Oh, another good thing about the rankings.......Louisville isn't in there anymore. Smile
Kentucky stills shows me that they won't fold in the end. Excellent comeback, every UK fan should be excited about this.
Big Grin This is GREAT!!!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I can't believe that UK is 4-0 and likely to be 5-0 starting this season.

I think after watching the Ole Miss/UF game, we have a chance at upsetting Florida. but I think we could beat Florida on a good day.

Yes I also think we could beat Florida. Us KY fans can now say that we finally have a good football team. GO CATS
This is Great....Congrats Wildcats
OHHHHHHH C A T S CATS, CATS, CATS this is awesome!! Hopefully Rafael Little won't be out to long but they're awesome even w/o him!!
Hopefully this is the team that sticks it to the ole ball coach.
That's awesome!! Way to go CATS!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Not quite. That spot goes to the 1977 squad that had Derrick Ramsey, Art Still, and several other greats that went on to play in the NFL. That team finished 10-1, undefeated in the SEC, and was rated # 7 in the polls at the end of the season.

I would love to see the two teams go up against each other. The game has changed since 77 so I am sure these Cats are doing it in a little harder fashion. Not to take anything away from the 77 team. I would love to look at the stats on the 50 and 77 teams. However, I would still say that this years team would hold their own.
We may be ranked even higher than #14 by the time we play South Carolina. Assuming we take care of business against Florida Atlantic, there are some teams above us that have a good possibility to lose. Look at this weekend's schedule:

#6 California at #11 Oregon (we should at least jump the Ducks if they lose, maybe Cal if they lost)
#5 West Va. at #18 South Fla (West Va. could fall that far if they lose big)
Maryland at #10 Rutgers
#13 Clemson at Ga. Tech

So there are some decent possibilities for losses above us.
anyone got their schedule??
More Cowbell Wrote:We may be ranked even higher than #14 by the time we play South Carolina. Assuming we take care of business against Florida Atlantic, there are some teams above us that have a good possibility to lose. Look at this weekend's schedule:

#6 California at #11 Oregon (we should at least jump the Ducks if they lose, maybe Cal if they lost)
#5 West Va. at #18 South Fla (West Va. could fall that far if they lose big)
Maryland at #10 Rutgers
#13 Clemson at Ga. Tech

So there are some decent possibilities for losses above us.

Oh! I can not wait for Thursday! Let the college football weekend begin!!!