Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (#21)Kentucky 42 Arkansas 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Fayetteville. Kentucky comes back from a 29-21 deficit in the 4th quarter to defeat Arkansas and improve to 4-0, awesome game!

Key play was the Lindley fumble recovery right before halftime which gave them hope and after that Arkansas was the never the same and Kentucky was firing on all cylinders.

This Kentucky team is flat out awesome. Being on the road in the SEC, being down like they were and comeback like they did, shows alot of poise and maturity from these Wildcats. Congratulations to Kentucky, very very impressive comeback and win!
This feels pretty unbelievable to be 4-0 with 2 very solid wins.

Rich Brooks and Co. have done an amazing job with this team considering we were on probation a couple of years ago.

Can't over look FAU next week though.
Andre' Woodson went 21 of 39 for 265 yards with 2 TD's and broke the record for most pass attempts without an interception, his total is up to 296 now.
Kentucky is no longer a sleeper team, they are for real.
Huge!
The freshman running back caught my attention
They should be 5-0 going into South Carolina on a Thursday Night.... both teams should be ranked in the top 15.... that'll be a fun game...

I think the biggest thing for Kentucky is the games after LSU and Florida (probable losses).... how they react could make the difference between a 6-7 win team and a 8-9 win team....
Kentucky made enough plays to lose the game, but thankfully they had enough plays to win the game late. The first 6 minutes of the game were about as bad as anyone would want to start after the FG and the fumble return for a TD but UK countered. Then after the safety and the kickoff return for a TD I thought they were going to throw in the towel. But they came back, didn't panic and played their game. I was impressed with how well they done in a hostile environment. I was also impressed with the 4th string running back UK had to play. Ran hard, took big hits, and protected the ball. I just hope the other 3 RB's get back in time for Florida. I also thought that UK's D stepped up to the challenge and contained Arkansas's duo of RB's. Both guys may have had upper 100 yard games, but if you take back a 54 yard McFadden rush for a TD and the big 60+ yard run by Felix Jones their average on the night was probably 4 yards an attempt. Congrats UK, I am feeling real confident about this team. OOOHHH C-A-T-S Cats Cats Cats!!!
With 10, 12, 18, and 20th ranked teams getting beat UK should move up a few spots. Congrats UK.
Derrick Locke was outstanding running the ball in the 4th quarter and Woodson was himself as he led another rally for yet another win. But what can you say about UK's defense in the 2nd half? To give up over 100 yards to both McFadden and Jones in the first half and to only allow 9 points the entire 2nd half! They really gave the offense the opportunity to get the ball and make plays. A few times I thought of tuning the TV off and forgetting about it, but what a win to come back on the road in a SEC game. Great win!
Guys...this UK team is for real....

This is a huuuuuge win for the Cats.....

I was a bit worried in the first half but Uk just dominated the second half...

This win has placed us at #2 in the SEC east and the top 20 baby !!!!

GO BIG BLUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome game! Go Cats!
The 9 points in the second half didn't even come from the Arkansas offense, and only 13 points were given up by the UK defense tonight. They played a great game except for the stupid mistakes, but at least they got the win. It made the first time UK won on the road to start in SEC play since the 1980's I believe.
Thank goodness the CATS finally have a good D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sting Wrote:Thank goodness the CATS finally have a good D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They still gave up over 320 yards rushing with McFadden and Jones both banged up.....

Kentucky is going to have outscore people to win, so far they have.... but they aren't going to beat teams with really good defenses that way....
FreakNasty Wrote:They still gave up over 320 yards rushing with McFadden and Jones both banged up.....

Kentucky is going to have outscore people to win, so far they have.... but they aren't going to beat teams with really good defenses that way....

How many of that was in the first half and how many in the 2nd half Freak??? Face it, as bad as you hate to admit you were COMPLETELY wrong in your preseason prediction, you KNOW these Cats have the capability to step up and shut down some potent offenses...
FreakNasty Wrote:They still gave up over 320 yards rushing with McFadden and Jones both banged up.....

Wow, what a game!

I was really impressed with the UK defense tonight, they really did the job keeping the Hogs out of the end zone. You have to realize that yards don't really matter, it's points allowed that counts. And the UK defense only allowed 13 points, none in the second half (the other 16 points scored on a fumble return, punt return, and safety). While they may have given up a lot of yards between the 20's, they really clamped down when it counted. I really don't care if they give up 700 yards, as long as they keep the other team out of the end zone.

Back to the rest of the game, I agree with some other posters that the play of the game was Lindley's fumble return for a TD right before the half. That saved the game, they were about to get at least a FG before halftime, which would've made it 23-7 and very tough to come back from. But a 10 point swing makes it only a 6-point game, and I felt really good about our chances in the second half. Finally, on a night where I felt Woodson was not at his sharpest, our running game impressed yet again, all the way down to the fourth string TB, Derrick Locke. The depth they have at that position is unreal.

Let's go Cats, 4-0 baby!!!
Way to go Cats!! This was a great game!!
corndog23 Wrote:How many of that was in the first half and how many in the 2nd half Freak??? Face it, as bad as you hate to admit you were COMPLETELY wrong in your preseason prediction, you KNOW these Cats have the capability to step up and shut down some potent offenses...

Ouch! I am a believer that teams will play up to the competetion. UK may not beat LSU if we loss that game it won't be because our defense.
Corso and another guy on College Game Night were just giving UK some good props. Corso said UK was the most impressive team in the SEC tonight, and the other guy had Woodson #2 in the Heisman race.

Pretty neat when you think of where this program was 2 years ago.
The D only have up like what 12-13 points? Huge win to beat a team like Arkansas on the road! GREAT JOBS CATS !!!!!!!!
I know it would be upsets among upsets, but LSU hasn't faced an offense with as many weapons as UK has either! Never know in college football, and when you are winning like UK is, then you think you will beat anybody! LSU, WE OWE YOU!!!
this UK team is one of the most resiliant (sp??) teams Ive seen in a long time. No matter how the outcome looks, this team will not fold, and will fight till the end. Where as in years past, when they fall behind, they lay down. Yeah Arkansas ran for 320 yards on them, but there arent 10 teams in the nation thats gonna even slow down McFadden/Jones/whoever the hell else runs the ball for them. Derrick Locke played a fabulous 4th quarter and stepped up (as a true freshman!!!) when he was REALLY needed. And he took some shots too, popped right back up, hung onto the ball, and played very effective football. UK is definitely for real. I figured they'd be good. I figured they'd have a better team than last year, with a worse record, but I was wrong. This UK team SHOULD win 8 to 9 regular season games without question. Yeah, my Alabama boys got beat tonight, but all in all, with UK beating the Hogs and Forrest beating Shogun's ass, it was a pretty good night. A night worth celebrating. But UK passed a huge test tonight, and won with a great offensive game, bend but dont break defense, and great, uncanny character again. I wish the special teams would come around though. The only glaring weakness on the team..But, Great game and congrats Cats!!!!
4 and 0 man that feels good to say that. Great win for the cats now lets go get win #5
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I know it would be upsets among upsets, but LSU hasn't faced an offense with as many weapons as UK has either! Never know in college football, and when you are winning like UK is, then you think you will beat anybody! LSU, WE OWE YOU!!!

I agree! If we are going to do something as amazing as knocking off LSU, this is the year to do it. LSU may not be prepared for our high powered offense, but will our offense be prepared for their high powered defense? I can't wait.
Their defense bends but dont break.GG whiz some Ky fans cant hardly believe the cats are that good.To think they could win 10 or 11 games is too much for some fans to comprehend.Its a mindset that Ky football fans have.Now on the basketball side for the cats to win 12 or 13 straight sec games is not only believed will happen but some demand it.Cool thing is that more people come out to watch a football game than basketball at Ky.Of course the size of the stadium is why but the fact remains you have twice as many people at a football game and to me the crowd is far more explosive.
huge win!!
alfus21 Wrote:Corso and another guy on College Game Night were just giving UK some good props. Corso said UK was the most impressive team in the SEC tonight, and the other guy had Woodson #2 in the Heisman race.

Pretty neat when you think of where this program was 2 years ago.

Woodson has moved ahead of Pat White?Woodson has a great arm but is not very mobile.I sure think he throws those touch passes and hitch and goes as pretty as any qb in the land!!
McFadden and Jones still had there yards, but I thought we didn't a great job with them last night. Woodson had another stellar performance, and Steve Johnson once again had another big game for the Cats. Great play calling there in the fourth quarter from Joker, and if the nation hadn't heard about us, now they know we are for real.
corndog23 Wrote:How many of that was in the first half and how many in the 2nd half Freak??? Face it, as bad as you hate to admit you were COMPLETELY wrong in your preseason prediction, you KNOW these Cats have the capability to step up and shut down some potent offenses...

As bad as I hate to admit it? Again Corndog, I dont have a thing against Kentucky.... I really dont know where your getting that from...

They have beat two teams I didn't have them beating in the preseason, and I think they will win 7-8 games now.... (had them winning 5 in preseason with losses to Lou and Ark)

The rushing defense is bad... and the offense is right up there with the best in the SEC (like I said in the preseason...)

If you really think I have something against Kentucky, I welcome you to go back and find anything bad I have said about them.... otherwise may god bless ya...