Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Vs Raceland (Semi State 7) Thoughts? Predictions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whitley County faces Raceland at Morehead State University in Semi State.

Who will pitch? What batters will come through in clutch? Who wins?
Go Colonels! Proud of this bunch.
Raceland wins. Too much pitching.
Anybody know if the game is going to be streamed?
Great draw for the Rams.Not saying it’s a sure win but it’s a good draw. Raceland has a team that will give any team that’s still playing a hard out. Go Rams !

Jarons I know mytown tv said during the 16th championship game that they had no more events for the remainder of the year
Whitley will get to pitch their Ace, and 13th region player of the year Petrey against Raceland.
They will have several available relievers as well.
You may think this is a good and easy draw, and I hope Racelands players feel the same
Agreed. I know Raceland has a good team, but I sure wouldn’t be overconfident if I was a 1A school facing a well-coached, 30-win, 5A school.
Who is being overconfident?
Nobody is “overconfident” I just stated it’s a good draw for Raceland. There are teams in the tournament I feel Raceland can’t compete with but I feel they can compete with Whitley, does that mean I feel they are gonna win?? No, but I feel if they play a good game they have a chance.
(06-10-2021, 01:00 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is “overconfident” I just stated it’s a good draw for Raceland. There are teams in the tournament I feel Raceland can’t compete with but I feel they can compete with Whitley, does that mean I feel they are gonna win?? No, but I feel if they play a good game they have a chance.

My point exactly. I  make a prediction based on stats from KHSAA and you say it's a winnable game. Neither of us said it is going to be an easy game. They are all up in arms and putting words in your mouth. You don't make it this far and win 30 plus games without being good.
(06-09-2021, 07:12 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland wins. Too much pitching.
Anybody know if the game is going to be streamed?

I wish Whitley County had an ace pitcher that can stand tall Smile
(06-10-2021, 01:00 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is “overconfident” I just stated it’s a good draw for Raceland. There are teams in the tournament I feel Raceland can’t compete with but I feel they can compete with Whitley, does that mean I feel they are gonna win?? No, but I feel if they play a good game they have a chance.

That's true for any team left in the tournament.
Are Morehead games still on schedule today?
No radio or TV links,
WEZJ 104 3
Updates?
Top of the 4th

Whitley 4
Raceland 2

Both teams doing good making contact. Both starters, especially Petrey of Whitley getting high into pitch count.
I expect a lot of hits still to come

Raceland got one across in the 4th.

Whitley 4
Raceland 3

Top of the 5th coming up.

Whitley gets two across in the 5th but leaves two in base. Could come back to hurt them.

Whitley 6
Raceland 3

Top of the 6th
Racelands 8,9,1 due up

For reference, Petrey and Pence have throw 86 and 85 pitches, Petrey with 55 strikes, Pence with 53.

Big inning coming up
End of 6

Whitley 6
Raceland 5
(06-12-2021, 07:49 PM)Bolt Wrote: [ -> ]End of 6

Whitley 6
Raceland 5

Who is the home team?
Ballgame

Whitley wins 6-5
Way to go Colonels! Congrats Raceland on a very good season. I think I’ll be heading to Lexington Thursday afternoon, yes yes.
Lyon County leads OCath 3-1 in the 6th.

Whitley beat Lyon earlier this year 4-3. Hopefully another good one coming
Congrats Colonels!!!
Proud of this team. Go get another win boys.
It will be Whitley and Lyon County, just checked the bracket.
Congrats to the Colonels. They really hit the jackpot when they hired Shope.
They really went from hiring teachers who could coach there way out of a paper bag to getting one of the best
Shope was as good a bird as they could have made
Best part of this Whitley team is they only lose one senior off the roster. They return all pitching.
They lose their shortstop who is about 4th or 5th in hits I believe but they have several kids ready to step in.
(06-12-2021, 09:33 PM)The Outsider Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to the Colonels.  They really hit the jackpot when they hired Shope.
I agree. They couldn't have made a better hire.
(06-13-2021, 01:22 AM)Bolt Wrote: [ -> ]Best part of this Whitley team is they only lose one senior off the roster. They return all pitching.
They lose their shortstop who is about 4th or 5th in hits I believe but they have several kids ready to step in.

I heard the lone senior is even coming back. is that wrong?
Pages: 1 2