Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Summer Ball schedules, standouts, and normalcy! What ya got?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking forward to watching some summer hoops. Role call who's looking good at the moment. Who's some standout players and what region. Any newcomers?
Breathitt looking phenomenal right now. Only played 2 games both away against hazard and I’m Whitley county. Won both games by 20+. The entire starting 5 of Bellamy,Hoskins,Turner, Collins and Sperry can light it up any given night. And Caden Turner off the bench helping as well. Missing Andrew Combs and Isaac Bellamy Right now do to baseball but when they return it will definitely strength the bench. Blake Ritchie is another player who is out right now as well. 14th region better watch out.
(05-26-2021, 06:50 PM)Turf Muncher Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt looking phenomenal right now. Only played 2 games both away against hazard and I’m Whitley county. Won both games by 20+. The entire starting 5 of Bellamy,Hoskins,Turner, Collins and Sperry can light it up any given night. And Caden Turner off the bench helping as well. Missing Andrew Combs and Isaac Bellamy Right now do to baseball but when they return it will definitely strength the bench. Blake Ritchie is another player who is out right now as well. 14th region better watch out.
I saw some clips of their Whitley county game. Collins kid can play. Great addition to Breathitt. He runs the floor really
well for a big guy. Super Athletic too.
Breathitt's ceiling is very high.
Breathitt looks good but seen flaws over the summer ball circuit through many cases of contested 30 footers and bad shots by guards. Of the three to four times i watched them play, the big man in the middle (sorry don’t know a name) saved their butts with freakish length and jumping ability. Just recently watched a game with douglass, and it was an array of bad threes and turnovers but stayed in it with the beast in the middle. That boy is a beast to be reckon with this year and if breathitt can clean up the nasty, it’s untelling what their ceiling is.
His name is Christian Collins, a transfer from Buckhorn back to Breathitt county. Either you live under a rock or he is your family and you're pretending to not know who he is so you can brag on him.
Or both
Agreed on seeing flaws though.
Collins is an outstanding athlete. Just curious as to how coach noble will use him?
Betsy Layne losing players. Dont know what's going on there lol
(07-11-2021, 03:12 AM)Ekybballer Wrote: [ -> ]Betsy Layne losing players. Dont know what's going on there lol

I know Jake Rainey transferred to Floyd Central. I think Cole Lafferty will be a freshman this year he played for Betsy Layne middle last year, he's going to Floyd Central. Anyone else?
(07-11-2021, 12:05 PM)clipperw Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2021, 03:12 AM)Ekybballer Wrote: [ -> ]Betsy Layne losing players. Dont know what's going on there lol

I know Jake Rainey transferred to Floyd Central. I think Cole Lafferty will be a freshman this year he played for Betsy Layne middle last year, he's going to Floyd Central. Anyone else?

Typical KHSAA Free Agency.
I didn’t see any new faces with Floyd Central this summer.
(07-12-2021, 12:37 AM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t see any new faces with Floyd Central this summer.

Conner Hopkins from pburg and Jake Rainey from Bl both transferred in. Hopkins played summer ball with them Rainey did not.  Those 2 on the roster makes them a huge threat in the 58th. They may be the deepest team in the district and the team with the most weapons while BL Has robinson and Mims and Lawrence with Maynard and Adkins I think FC has enough to upset both teams.  I haven't seen much on Lawrence but I do.know BL isn't going to be the same as last year I know they didn't lose anyone to graduation due to fraizer and Howell returning but with fraizer sidelined until mid to  late season plus losing Rainey to transfer and tackett deciding not to play they will be forced to play younger kids with little experience and no bench so Newsome isn't going to be able to play the style he likes to play without bodies.  If I'm not mistaken they cut summer ball short early due to this same reason. IMO this is truly the year to see what coach Moore can do. If he doesn't produce a good record this year i think they move on and with Pburg hiring Casey Huff that will keep alot of pburg kids in city instead of transferring out to paintsville fc jc bl.
(07-14-2021, 03:08 PM)Nolietotell Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2021, 12:37 AM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t see any new faces with Floyd Central this summer.

Conner Hopkins from pburg and Jake Rainey from Bl both transferred in. Hopkins played summer ball with them Rainey did not.  Those 2 on the roster makes them a huge threat in the 58th. They may be the deepest team in the district and the team with the most weapons while BL Has robinson and Mims and Lawrence with Maynard and Adkins I think FC has enough to upset both teams.  I haven't seen much on Lawrence but I do.know BL isn't going to be the same as last year I know they didn't lose anyone to graduation due to fraizer and Howell returning but with fraizer sidelined until mid to  late season plus losing Rainey to transfer and tackett deciding not to play they will be forced to play younger kids with little experience and no bench so Newsome isn't going to be able to play the style he likes to play without bodies.  If I'm not mistaken they cut summer ball short early due to this same reason. IMO this is truly the year to see what coach Moore can do. If he doesn't produce a good record this year i think they move on and with Pburg hiring Casey Huff that will keep alot of pburg kids in city instead of transferring out to paintsville fc jc bl.

Floyd Central will be an interesting team to see in the 58th this season. 
I hate to read that about Tackett not playing. Speaking of Prestonsburg, has Ryan Rose played for any school this summer? I thought he might transfer after the coaching change.
(07-14-2021, 04:12 PM)clipperw Wrote: [ -> ]

Floyd Central will be an interesting team to see in the 58th this season. 
I hate to read that about Tackett not playing. Speaking of Prestonsburg, has Ryan Rose played for any school this summer? I thought he might transfer after the coaching change.

Heard he was at JC.  

Why is Fraizer expected be out that long? Is it still from last seasons injury or did he get injured again?