Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Estill County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Theirs two on my wish list. 

1. Danny Wright (old Lee Co coach)
2. Robert Creech (Wolfe Co Coach)
Might be a good landing spot for Coach Pertusat. From Jackson City.
Kevin Spurlock has been interested in coaching again. He coached Hazard to a 14th region win when he was there. I think he has also coached Clay Co and Floyd Central.

I don’t think Danny Wright is interesting in coaching again but I may be wrong. He is in administration at Lee Co these days.
And Coach Creech is a Wolfe Countian born and raised. He will probably finish his coaching career there.

Estill Co is a lucrative job. They have approximately 700 high school enrollment. That’s good numbers to build a solid basketball program.
(05-26-2021, 07:18 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]Kevin Spurlock has been interested in coaching again. He coached Hazard to a 14th region win when he was there. I think he has also coached Clay Co and Floyd Central.

I don’t think Danny Wright is interesting in coaching again but I may be wrong. He is in administration at Lee Co these days.
And Coach Creech is a Wolfe Countian born and raised. He will probably finish his coaching career there.

Estill Co is a lucrative job. They have approximately 700 high school enrollment. That’s good numbers to build a solid basketball program.

Brian Hall could be another one. Former Powell County boys and Estill girls head coach. 

Danny is the principal at Lee. 

Creech has it made at Wolfe. 

No pressure really at all at Estill
Would Coach Benton not be considered? He has been right with Coach Bentley forever.
(05-27-2021, 12:08 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Would Coach Benton not be considered? He has been right with Coach Bentley forever.

Yes. I would think so anyway but wouldn't he have been interested last time it was open? I'm not aware if he was or not.
Napier kid transferring to perry will hurt estill big if true
Any update here?
Nope not a thing. Probably won't hear anything until later on in the week or next week.
Hearing Kevin Spurlock, Brian Hall and Derrick Robinson. Not sure who all applied if anymore.
Im hearing in county and someone very familiar with the HS.
(06-05-2021, 05:37 PM)Send It Wrote: [ -> ]Im hearing in county and someone very familiar with the HS.

Hearing not within the County...
King who told you let us know who told you?
Is there a job that Kevin Spurlock hasn’t applied for?
You would think they would have to hire soon if they want to have any kind of summer ball.
Kevin Spurlock is literally in the mix everywhere lol
JMO, no I've not heard anything this is just a guess, if it came down to and if he wanted it, I would say Brian Hall would be the next coach.

I would absolutely be fine with that hire.

Again, that's just a guess.
Brian Hall is a class act that knows basketball. He would be a great fit I think.
(05-26-2021, 06:51 PM)Turf Muncher Wrote: [ -> ]Might be a good landing spot for Coach Pertusat. From Jackson City.

He's going back to Ohio. He was announced as Cambridge head coach.
Wes Scarberry would be another good candidate. Former Model coach. Current Frederick Douglass assistant. Applied last time before Bentley was hired.