Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Matt Taylor named Letcher County Central Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
Good Resume, definitely qualified for this position in my opinion.
(05-22-2021, 10:32 PM)Roscoe Wrote: [ -> ]Good Resume, definitely qualified for this position in my opinion.
Where has he coached previously? I don’t know anything about him.
(05-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2021, 10:32 PM)Roscoe Wrote: [ -> ]Good Resume, definitely qualified for this position in my opinion.

Caverna and Rowan. 
Been a college coach for a while now. Lead recruiter and assistant at UPike, McNeese St, Nichols, St Catherine. Been a lot of places.
Definitely well traveled. He is a Letcher County native who played for Fleming Neon. If he is ready to settle down it could be a great hire for Letcher Central.
Question is? Why does he move around so much? Be at Letcher central maybe a year and then on to somewhere else. He is a rodeo. Thought Letcher central was ready to build a program
Guess this rodeo guy resume sire had the people from whitesburg dreaming. They will be searching for another coach in 2022. Truth

He also talks a good talk but can't never back it up so onto his next 3 ring act

Jim hicks former Shelby Valley coach should of been your man. He can coach and he would of built Letcher central a program you would of been proud of?

Literally everywhere.

Assistant Coach at Rowan County 2004-2005. May have stayed longer than than but not sure. 
Assistant Coach at UPike 2007-2009
Assistant Coach at Union 2009-2010
Assistant Coach at St. Catherine 2010-2012
Assistant Coach at UPike 2012-2014
Head Coach at St. Catherine 2014-2015 
Head Coach at Caverna 2015-2016 
Director of Operations at Nicholls State 2016-2017
Director of Operations at McNeese State 2019-2020
(05-26-2021, 09:14 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Question is? Why does he move around so much? Be at Letcher central maybe a year and then on to somewhere else. He is a rodeo. Thought Letcher central was ready to build a program
Guess this rodeo guy resume sire had the people from whitesburg dreaming. They will be searching for another coach in 2022. Truth

He also talks a good talk but can't never back it up so onto his next 3 ring act

Jim hicks former Shelby Valley coach should of been your man. He can coach and he would of built Letcher central a program you would of been proud of?
Jim Hicks has also been all over the place as well. After being an assistant at few schools he started out as a head coach at Owsley County and stayed one year. Went to Greenup County and stayed a few years and was let go and later sued the school district. He was at Bath County a while. Then at Grant County a few years. And the last stop was several years at Shelby Valley. 
I’m not saying he can’t coach but your criticism for the Taylor hire was he moves around a lot, also defines Hicks too.
(05-26-2021, 09:14 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Question is? Why does he move around so much? Be at Letcher central maybe a year and then on to somewhere else. He is a rodeo. Thought Letcher central was ready to build a program

Jim would’ve been a great hire. He probably has plenty of options. 
AT LEAST JIM HICKS STAYED AT SHELBY VALLEY SEVERAL YEARS AND HE WON AT SHELBY VALLEY.
Did they lose any kids after the hire?
(07-15-2021, 11:41 AM)bigcat legend Wrote: [ -> ]Did they lose any kids after the hire?

No, gained some.