Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County @ Lawrence County x2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st game:Lawrence County 4 Boyd County 3 

2nd game:LC 5 BC 4
Game 1- Blevins with I believe 13 strikeouts and was hot at the plate too. Dawgs score in the bottom of the 7th on a walkoff RBI single by Ethan Whitt to win.

Game 2- Boyd’s starting pitcher pitched really well I thought. Lawrence did hit him but could not string hits together. They got to him late, three straight bombs to the outfield and then the pitcher hit #2 Derifield, that’s when a pitching change was made. Lawrence scored five runs in the bottom of the 7th and win on a walkoff wild pitch to score Blue Fletcher.
Boyd got 3 runs on Blevins, and Lakin of Pikeville hurled a CG, 4 hit shutout w/15 strikeouts vs. Boyd.
So all the talk about Blevins being head and shoulders better is out the window where it belongs. Can't say either one is better really.
(05-16-2021, 02:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd got 3 runs on Blevins, and Lakin of Pikeville hurled a CG, 4 hit shutout w/15 strikeouts vs. Boyd.
So all the talk about Blevins being head and shoulders better is out the window where it belongs. Can't say either one is better really.
Boyd scored 3 unearned runs against Blevins. We had 2 starters out (for both games) and had to play a couple young guys and it hurt us. They hit 1 ball reasonably hard. Those only came after he started cramping in his side in the 4th and still stayed in the game and finished it. Both kids are great but 2 of Boyd’s coaches personally came up to me and said Blevins is the best arm they’ve seen this year. Not my words theirs. 

P.S. the errors for the unearned runs came from positions were we had 2 starters out. 2 at 2nd base and 1 in right field.
(05-16-2021, 02:41 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2021, 02:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd got 3 runs on Blevins, and Lakin of Pikeville hurled a CG, 4 hit shutout w/15 strikeouts vs. Boyd.
Boyd scored 3 unearned runs against Blevins. We had 2 starters out (for both games) and had to play a couple young guys and it hurt us. They hit 1 ball reasonably hard. Those only came after he started cramping in his side in the 4th and still stayed in the game and finished it. Both kids are great but 2 of Boyd’s coaches personally came up to me and said Blevins is the best arm they’ve seen this year. Not my words theirs. 

P.S. the errors for the unearned runs came from positions were we had 2 starters out. 2 at 2nd base and 1 in right field.
I'll take Lakin.
(05-16-2021, 02:42 PM)Ajetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2021, 02:41 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll take Lakin.
That’s fine that’s your opinion same as Blevins is mine. Both are great and have great futures ahead of them.