Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: Buckhorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With Corey Hoskins making the jump to Owsley County, who will Buckhorn go after?
Hoskins left Buckhorn is a lot worse shape than he found it.

Whoever takes over will have to rebuild the program.
(05-13-2021, 08:21 PM)CA3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hoskins left Buckhorn is a lot worse shape than he found it.

Whoever takes over will have to rebuild the program.
I wouldn’t look any further than Coach Blank. No one knows what it takes to win at Buckhorn more than him. Plus he is always going to be a class act.
Yes, Coach Blank is top notch.
One things for sure he was work hard.

Coach Noble worked his butt off at Buckhorn
They need someone who is going to work hard. That’s been missing the last couple years
The Well ran dry over at Da Horn. Thats why John Noble got out of there. Cory gave it his all. Best player ran off and wasted his Sr year at Leslie. Cory worked hard. Cant please everyone. Cant say Owsley will be much an improvement.
Worked hard at what?

Neace, Collins, Bowling, and Knight could have been as good as anyone.

Don’t be afraid to call it what it is.

Sometimes people don’t do a good job. The last 2 years at Buckhorn wasn’t a good job
(05-13-2021, 11:31 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]The Well ran dry over at Da Horn.  Thats why John Noble got out of there.  Cory gave it his all.  Best player ran off and wasted his Sr year at Leslie.  Cory worked hard.  Cant please everyone.  Cant say Owsley will be much an improvement.

A
pparently you didn't attend any games at the horn and see all the talent they had.   The "Best" player on the team left because he wasn't the star player anymore because of the other talent on the team.  He went to Leslie and received a reality check-wasn't the best player there either.  All teams have talent and you're not always going to be the star.  

Hoskins was hanging on by a thread when his dad assisted.  After his dad passed his coaching went down hill quickly.  

Hoskins ran Collins off and rumor has it more players. He has left them in a mess.
There were better basketball players at every school in the region compared to what you listed. Most of those kids are projects and not very fundamentally sound players. Collins and Knight have a lot of upside but are now finally developing. Bowling was a solid player. Neace is still green. Good player but has a long ways to go. I still say Cory did a good job.

He ran those boys all over the country to AAU events and worked them out all time. Maybe you should get the job CA since you have it all figured out.
Maybe I will
And I’m not afraid to call it what it is.

When a coach does a bad job, just say it. We call players out all the time so coaches get it to.
Just because your posting workout videos doesn’t mean your doing a good job.
I cant wait to see you walking the sidelines for the Horn next year with all that talent you have over there. I will get me a DAHORN shirt if you do and come to every game. Its easy to coach from the bleachers. Hope you get a taste of the action.
Well who’s landing the Horn ?
Im gonna say Coach Blank, or one of the PCC assistants.
Yeah all the talent is gone. Last coach ran it all off
I'd imagine things will pick up this week.
Did Josh Hurt down it down?
The buzz around this job has died down. I was hearing they wanted Josh Hurt he must turned it down. Im going to guess if they dont hire someone soon. Andrew Blank will be named coach and his son or Johnny Butler will take over the girls.
I hear they may be getting a hall-of-famer
Anything?
Me too zaga
Mark Pence?
Apparently we are waiting until after dead period. The entire process has been botched start to finish by Buckhorn. This was not the off-season for Buckhorn to have no off season.
Jeff Castle?
(06-25-2021, 07:44 AM)Mountain Magic Wrote: [ -> ]Jeff Castle?

Any information on him?
(06-28-2021, 11:06 AM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2021, 07:44 AM)Mountain Magic Wrote: [ -> ]Jeff Castle?

Any information on him?
None other than I heard he applied and his twin brother has experience coaching high school basketball.
I may be wrong on this but I seem to remember a Jeff Castle who was an assistant to Henry Webb on those early 00's South Floyd teams. I believe his brother is Scott Castle who coaches at Magoffin County.
(06-28-2021, 09:05 PM)clipperw Wrote: [ -> ]I may be wrong on this but I seem to remember a Jeff Castle who was an assistant to Henry Webb on those early 00's South Floyd teams. I believe his brother is Scott Castle who coaches at Magoffin County.
Sounds like a possible good hire then
What are they waiting on?
I don't know who they think is walking through that door.
Robert Amis?
Been hearing Kristie Combs name mentioned as a coaching candidate.
Pages: 1 2