Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Songs That Must Be Cranked Up Loud(REALLY Loud!) When You're Listening ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are just some great rock songs that must be turned up really loud to achieve its full effect. Which song(s) do you crank up full blast when you listen to it.

Here's one that I ALWAYS crank up to HUGE decibels whenever I listen , no matter what time day or night. Just not the full effect without the volume.   

About twenty years ago, I was listening to this one out on my deck  and I  had it cranked up so loud at about 3 am  that my neighbors called the police.   It backfired . The police arrested the neighbors.   Even cops know it's a sacrilege to not play this loud.      Big Grin

https://youtu.be/Lo2qQmj0_h4?list=RDCLAK...RZZb8c5JZg
^^^Great one. Here's one I crank up and speed up to 75 when I hear it...

Can't listen except max volume

This is one, if I were still playing some sport, I would crank to full throttle before the game and just be foaming at the mouth, ready to roll.
Me at Work:  "Do you mind if I put on some music?"

My Colleagues:   "Oh sh!t , here we go again! "

I always wondered what would happen if this one was played on a loop and blasted over the speakers at Walmart on Black Friday. 

Someone might die !!!

Seriously, guys, I am the most laid back, easy-going, SOB you'd ever meet.   But when I blast this song , it makes me want to go to bar and start a fight !!!

Here's another SWEET tune that I was blasting one night and the neighbors started throwing rocks at my windows and breaking the glass ( I assumed because they wanted to better hear my classic rock music). So, the next day I went and bought I nice big amplifier . Anything to satisfy the neighbors...

(04-16-2021, 10:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Me at Work:  "Do you mind if I put on some music?"

I always wondered what would happen if this one was played on a loop and blasted over the speakers at Walmart on Black Friday. 

Someone might die !!!

Seriously, guys, I am the most laid back, easy-going, SOB you'd ever meet.   But when I blast this song , it makes me want to go to bar and start a fight !!!

Here's another SWEET tune that I was blasting one night and the neighbors started throwing rocks at my windows and breaking the glass ( I assumed because they wanted to better hear my classic rock music). So, the next day I went and bought I nice big amplifier . Anything to satisfy the neighbors...

I'm sure you are but still, if I ever met you for a beer in Corbin I would have to show up wearing a football helmet just in case politics came up lol.
(04-16-2021, 01:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2021, 10:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Me at Work:  "Do you mind if I put on some music?"

Someone might die !!!

I'm sure you are but still, if I ever met you for a beer in Corbin I would have to show up wearing a football helmet just in case politics came up lol.
Nah, I like you a lot. Politics is just something to argue about in an online forum. It's not something I let get in the way of relationships with family or friends

like you. If that were the case, my mother wouldn't ever invite me to Thanksgiving dinner again.   LOL    
I'd say we would talk sports and music ; politics 

would never come up. Seriously, we ought to do the brewsky thing someday. Maybe there will be a good concert here one day you'll want to see.  I saw 

where Clint Black will be here on July 16 . I may try to take in that one. I w
ould like to see a good rock show before the year's out.
I know Jet  and Van will agree with me on this one. I believe this Boston classic is one of the finest pieces of rock music ever recorded.  I have no doubt that the tinnitus that I sometimes experience in my ears is due to blasting this song and others on Boston's debut album  for more than five decades.   Do I care?   Some friendly fire and collateral damage  but a lifetime of good times... No regrets.

Back in the late nineties when I lived in Richmond and was dating a middle school physical sciences teacher.   I cranked this one up for her one night and then said afterwards:

ME:   "I came for the foreplay but I stayed for a long time."

HER :   "Time is relative, sweetheart."

ME(Thinking to myself):  "Smarta$$ Einstein-lovin'  b***h ! "

(04-16-2021, 02:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2021, 01:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone might die !!!

Nah, I like you a lot. Politics is just something to argue about in an online forum. It's not something I let get in the way of relationships with family or friends

like you. If that were the case, my mother wouldn't ever invite me to Thanksgiving dinner again.   LOL    
I'd say we would talk sports and music ; politics 

would never come up. Seriously, we ought to do the brewsky thing someday. Maybe there will be a good concert here one day you'll want to see.  I saw 

where Clint Black will be here on July 16 . I may try to take in that one. I w
ould like to see a good rock show before the year's out.
I don't want to go all Love Boat but I like you too. Me you and Van need to do the beverage thing in 2021.
Here’s what I say to that!
https://images.app.goo.gl/QWvD62EBEYQJoi5t8
For some reason I always crank this on the radio max volume....one hit wonder

This is my favorite thread yet. Not close to my favorite VH song but I crank it max volume on radio..

Jet and Van,   one album that  I played a LOT in my twenties was this one and it was a MUST to play it REALLY, REALLY loud(at least I thought it was a must. Hell, it WAS a must) !!!!  Everything on this LP was good.  Back in the day, I had a neighbor named Ben.   The album was also Ben's favorite , whether he wanted it to be or not.  One night, my cousin was over soaking up some suds . He was on or about his 8th PBR when ole Ben, who was an old crustacean 40 years older than we were and who made Bernie Sanders look like a fun-lovin' teenager , came barging in my unlocked front door threatening to beat us up. The man couldn't hear himself fart, so maybe he was pissed because we didn't have his new favorite group ,Def Leppard,  turned up loud enough. LOL   Anyway, Ben got what he came for - an apology(not heartfelt in the least) and left. I locked the door behind the old curmudgeon and turned up HYSTERIA so that old Ben's hearing aids could get a better buzz than my cousin had worked up for himself. I'm surprised the old fart didn't introduce me to his next favorite group- the Police.

Here's what Ben got a hearing aid full of that summer:

P.S.   I have three of the sweetest little girl cats that one could be blessed with. Most of the time I don't even know they are around. They all get along and are usually cuddled up together somewhere in the house.  One day I was in a Def Leppard kind of mood ... about THREE hours of Def Leppard... REALLY REALLY LOUD Leppard. By the time I was done,  my sweet little felines were wild, darting through the house, making big cat sounds , hissing at each other, and climbing the drapes. LOL    

What did they expect.... kitty lullabies?
My favorite Def Leppard song, from the earlier days, and it MUST be cranked up.

Always crank this for some reason

(04-18-2021, 01:04 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Jet and Van,   one album that  I played a LOT in my twenties was this one and it was a MUST to play it REALLY, REALLY loud(at least I thought it was a must. Hell, it WAS a must) !!!!  Everything on this LP was good.  Back in the day, I had a neighbor named Ben.   The album was also Ben's favorite , whether he wanted it to be or not.  One night, my cousin was over soaking up some suds . He was on or about his 8th PBR when ole Ben, who was an old crustacean 40 years older than we were and who made Bernie Sanders look like a fun-lovin' teenager , came barging in my unlocked front door threatening to beat us up. The man couldn't hear himself fart, so maybe he was pissed because we didn't have his new favorite group ,Def Leppard,  turned up loud enough. LOL   Anyway, Ben got what he came for - an apology(not heartfelt in the least) and left. I locked the door behind the old curmudgeon and turned up HYSTERIA so that old Ben's hearing aids could get a better buzz than my cousin had worked up for himself. I'm surprised the old fart didn't introduce me to his next favorite group- the Police.

Here's what Ben got a hearing aid full of that summer:

Hysteria is one of my favorite songs ever. 

P.S.   I have three of the sweetest little girl cats that one could be blessed with. Most of the time I don't even know they are around. They all get along and are usually cuddled up together somewhere in the house.  One day I was in a Def Leppard kind of mood ... about THREE hours of Def Leppard... REALLY REALLY LOUD Leppard. By the time I was done,  my sweet little felines were wild, darting through the house, making big cat sounds , hissing at each other, and climbing the drapes. LOL    

What did they expect.... kitty lullabies?
Hysteria is one of my favorite songs ever. Photograph great too. Hopefully Ben saw the light lol...
Just want to add Hysteria is a SLOW song that is best when cranked up. Not a lot of those...maybe another thread?
Another slow song that must be cranked

Like double Q (WKQQ) used to say, crank it up and rip the knob off

And the comments are always great, this one is for you OSH

Jason A
5 months ago
This is my neighbors favorite song, whether they want it to be or not.

Here's a TGIF, popping the 1st cold beverage open crank up for Van H and OSH. Bet they know this one....Like Double Q used to say "CRANK IT UP AND RIP THE KNOB OFF!!!"

(05-14-2021, 05:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a TGIF, popping the 1st cold beverage open crank up for Van H and OSH. Bet they know this one....Like Double Q used to say "CRANK IT UP AND RIP THE KNOB OFF!!!"

Love it.  Jet, you have no idea how much I miss those days. Well, then again, you probably do.  Great music, a lot less worries, and all the time in the world ahead of us(we thought).
(05-17-2021, 01:17 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2021, 05:01 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a TGIF, popping the 1st cold beverage open crank up for Van H and OSH. Bet they know this one....Like Double Q used to say "CRANK IT UP AND RIP THE KNOB OFF!!!"

Love it.  Jet, you have no idea how much I miss those days. Well, then again, you probably do.  Great music, a lot less worries, and all the time in the world ahead of us(we thought).
I miss those days too. I don't think I could have been even 1% happier back then. I am happy now too but not on that level lol. Those days were like pure euphoria and I don't mean substance induced high either, I mean naturally euphoric times.
I want OSH to know someone is rating these threads 1 star. I rate all your music threads 5 stars OSH.
I feel certain Hoot nor TRT is rating your threads 1 star OSH.

Another one that must be cranked

(05-23-2021, 12:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]I want OSH to know someone is rating these threads 1 star. I rate all your music threads 5 stars OSH.
I feel certain Hoot nor TRT is rating your threads 1 star OSH.

Another one that must be cranked

I was expecting OSH to waste his time rating threads, JP. Sorry to see you wasting yours.  Smile

(You should have been able to have eliminated TRT from suspicion. A member cannot rate his own threads. Feel free to rate mine one star - it doesn't matter to me but I am sure that OSH would appreciate the gesture.)

The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list.
The contents of this message are hidden because Cardfan1 is on your ignore list.
The contents of this message are hidden because Old School Hound is on your ignore list.
The contents of this message are hidden because The Outsider is on your ignore list.
^I am on the same page with you 1000% Hoot. But I think a lot of us old school guys are on the same page with old school music.
Pages: 1 2 3