Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who should be #1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who should be the number one team in college football? Why?
Last week I would have said LSU is the best team, but after seeing USC pounce Nebraska, they showed me and everyone else that they should be number one.

2)LSU
3)Oklahoma
4)Florida
5)California
blackcat_student Wrote:Last week I would have said LSU is the best team, but after seeing USC pounce Nebraska, they showed me and everyone else that they should be number one.

2)LSU
3)Oklahoma
4)Florida
5)California

Did you see how bad Florida pounced on Tennessee???
USC would get it handed to them if they played EITHER LSU or Florida. USC is a good football team, but they get way too much love from the media. LSU is the best team in the country, and I say that because Florida's defense is still growing. But to me its a no brainer. USC beat a severly overrated Nebraska team (that would lose 4 or 5 SEC games) to death. The Pac 10 is weak (winless Utah 44 #11 UCLA 6), and overrated as usual. So USC will blow by every team in the conference and be undefeated, and then we'll see them get blasted by a one loss SEC team in the national championship. Mark that down.
1. LSU
2. USC
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
TidesHoss32 Wrote:USC would get it handed to them if they played EITHER LSU or Florida. USC is a good football team, but they get way too much love from the media. LSU is the best team in the country, and I say that because Florida's defense is still growing. But to me its a no brainer. USC beat a severly overrated Nebraska team (that would lose 4 or 5 SEC games) to death. The Pac 10 is weak (winless Utah 44 #11 UCLA 6), and overrated as usual. So USC will blow by every team in the conference and be undefeated, and then we'll see them get blasted by a one loss SEC team in the national championship. Mark that down.

:notworthy Well put TH.
Louisville took a severe drop in the rankings...Dropped from 9th to 19th..Hawaii and Virginia Tech are both overrated at 17th and 18th..
why thank you my brother Cool
Redneck Wrote::notworthy Well put TH.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Louisville took a severe drop in the rankings...Dropped from 9th to 19th..Hawaii and Virginia Tech are both overrated at 17th and 18th..

Hawaii may be overrated, but Brennen is the REAL DEAL...
Yes he is. He's a legit pro quarterback. He's not just a product of the system like Chang was (his numbers are, but he's just a damn good qb)...he could throw for a bunch of yards anywhere he plays..I agree with you though..I still think Woodson's the best qb in the country, then Brohm, then Brennen, but if I was a pro team, I wouldnt mind having any of the three.
Redneck Wrote:Hawaii may be overrated, but Brennen is the REAL DEAL...
Redneck Wrote:Did you see how bad Florida pounced on Tennessee???

Yeah, I watched the game. But Ainge (26-41 249 yards 1td) had a field day against Florida's secondary with a broken pinkie. The only thing that cost the Vols that game was themselves. They just gave up when Adrian Foster fumbled the ball and the Gators took it back for a touchdown. Plus they went up against a Tennessee defense that give up 250 yards passing and 125 yards rushing to S. Mississippi. I do give credit to Tebow. He and Percy Harvin are excellent. But Florida's defense will not be able to stop alot of teams on there schedule, like they did against Tennessee. This Florida defense did give up 372 yards and and four touchdowns to Troy. So there defense is very shaky. But the defense showed they can step up and play big in the swamp. They still have to prove themselves on the road.
blackcat_student Wrote:Yeah, I watched the game. But Ainge (26-41 249 yards 1td) had a field day against Florida's secondary with a broken pinkie. The only thing that cost the Vols that game was themselves. They just gave up when Adrian Foster fumbled the ball and the Gators took it back for a touchdown. Plus they went up against a Tennessee defense that give up 250 yards passing and 125 yards rushing to S. Mississippi. I do give credit to Tebow. He and Percy Harvin are excellent. But Florida's defense will not be able to stop alot of teams on there schedule, like they did against Tennessee. This Florida defense did give up 372 yards and and four touchdowns to Troy. So there defense is very shaky. But the defense showed they can step up and play big in the swamp. They still have to prove themselves on the road.

Very true, but that score says alot about the offense of Florida.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:USC would get it handed to them if they played EITHER LSU or Florida. USC is a good football team, but they get way too much love from the media. LSU is the best team in the country, and I say that because Florida's defense is still growing. But to me its a no brainer. USC beat a severly overrated Nebraska team (that would lose 4 or 5 SEC games) to death. The Pac 10 is weak (winless Utah 44 #11 UCLA 6), and overrated as usual. So USC will blow by every team in the conference and be undefeated, and then we'll see them get blasted by a one loss SEC team in the national championship. Mark that down.

They do play California. Which is dangerous on special teams, offense, and defense.
This sort of descrepency makes it obvious to me that a playoff is needed. USC plays Florida, and LSU plays Oklahoma/WV, then the winners play. Or you could extend it to 8 teams and have SEC (LSU), Pac 10 (USC), Big 12 (Oklahoma), Big East (WV), Big 10 (Penn St.), and ACC (probably BC), along with 2 others (currently would be UF and Cal).
EASports12 Wrote:This sort of descrepency makes it obvious to me that a playoff is needed. USC plays Florida, and LSU plays Oklahoma/WV, then the winners play. Or you could extend it to 8 teams and have SEC (LSU), Pac 10 (USC), Big 12 (Oklahoma), Big East (WV), Big 10 (Penn St.), and ACC (probably BC), along with 2 others (currently would be UF and Cal).

I agree, they do need to take all eight BCS teams and have a playoff. It would be very interesting.
Redneck Wrote:Did you see how bad Florida pounced on Tennessee???

yea, they ran right over them
I agree with ya EA. Have those six teams and then have 2 wild cards per say, that would solve the whole BCS ordeal that everyone hates so much.

EASports12 Wrote:This sort of descrepency makes it obvious to me that a playoff is needed. USC plays Florida, and LSU plays Oklahoma/WV, then the winners play. Or you could extend it to 8 teams and have SEC (LSU), Pac 10 (USC), Big 12 (Oklahoma), Big East (WV), Big 10 (Penn St.), and ACC (probably BC), along with 2 others (currently would be UF and Cal).